over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mobile Phones In The Gym??????

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What's your take on mobile phone usage in the gym?

I accept they are part of our everyday lives, but find their usage in the gym to be highly inappropriate. One gym I used to train at many years ago banned usage in the gym altogether. Unnecessary texting and phonecalls are annoying at the best of times, let alone whilst training. I can zone out bad music & idiots but my skills stop short at this one. Sometimes it can provide great entertainment though - watched one arm shoulder press being performed on the smith machine the other day, whilst this guy was talking to mummy!

Does your gym have a policy/rule on this?

IE Twitter :..

*M in da gym....

*M sipping on mah water bottle..

*Sum dude has mah 8kg dumbells grr..

*On mah 8th set of biceps, man im pumped.. check dis out ..

This is MantusJohn :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 426
The worse is when you are waiting on a piece of equipment and the guy/girl keeps on talking and sms between sets.
its can unleash a very aggressive side of my personality.

hate ppl who do it. esp. say, your waiting on a peice of equipment and you have some a$$hat texting "novels" in between sets. at least be courteous to others :banghead:

I don't like it all either train or go some where and talk or text on the phone. I always leave mine in the car a guy asked one time why I do that I told him that this wasn't social hour and if someone need to talk to me they could leave a voice mail. My wife knows this to she told me once if it was an emergency she would just call the gym and have them to get me.

I leave mine in the car. I can wait an hour to get a vmail.

I can see bringing the phone in if your expecting some urgent news (pregnant wife) or your on call for your profession-other than that leave the phone in the car please!

I leave my cell at home.
Seems like the skill to zone out some annoying poeple and happenings is getting more inportant these days.

My gym is pretty good about making people use phones ONLY in the lobby. Plus I've never actually seen anyone using one, even in the lobby (except me), which is nice.

Cell phones

I agree, they don't need them there. Leave it in your car for the hour you work-out. My gym doesn't have a policy about them, but I do find there is only a few that seem they must talk between sets.

They are pretty annoying. People who think they are that importanat that they need to take phonecalls during working out need a reality check.

My gym has no rules. What I cant stand is people having long conversations on the stationary bike. Even if she is hot.

I keep mine with me in case my kids (12 & 9) need me.

The only reason i bring my phone in the gym is to listen to my headphones and get in the zone! Not sure why people do it, but nothing more irritating then waiting to use some equipment and slowly losing your pump, because some tard wants to text someone!"

Funny ass pic!!! Always see those kind of slap dicks at the gym. Thats one downfall of the commercial gym

hate ppl who do it. esp. say, your waiting on a peice of equipment and you have some a$$hat texting "novels" in between sets. at least be courteous to others :banghead:

Yep, I hate that shit too.
Some young kid was calling and texting yesterday at the gym and I was heated waiting for the leg press. Even though it's not allowed at my gym people still use them on the workout floor.

my gym has no policy on mobiles

its my personal view that if your at the gym to train then train, dont stuff around and play on the phone

however i understand that some people are required to have there mobile on them for work as sometimes peoples work lives can be consuming especialy if your running your own business, so i can understand on occasion

its more those kids, girls etc who play with there phone inbetween sets or on the treadmill that annoy me

i personly just put my mobile in my bag wen im at gym and chek it every 30-40mins, but most time ill forget and 2 hours later ive got missed calls everywhere

My gym does not have a policy on mobile phones either. I can understand someone using it as a music device to listen to but to sit there and talk/text? I mean cmon, your there to work out, if you need to talk on the phone that bad dont bother coming. Its incredibly annoying when I see that. Unless your listening to music or your waiting for your wife to call you to tell you shes going into labor you dont need it for the gym period!

All that hits the gym floor with me is my PAPER notebook and a mechanical pencil Heh

The worse is when you are waiting on a piece of equipment and the guy/girl keeps on talking and sms between sets.
its can unleash a very aggressive side of my personality.

+1. I become a complete dick to these people.

Mine is for music only in the gym.

I don't know why/how any of you guys sit around waiting for someone to get off the phone to use equipment. Im just a peanut compared to some of you guys, but I speak up quite quick if some shit hook is occupying equipment while on the phone.

I pay membership fees just like anyone else. Im not waiting for anyone unless they are working. Not to come off like a tough guy....but screw that. How ignorant can someone be?:banghead:

My former gym, which is now closed (World) had a no cell phone policy, which was nice, but many times the policy was overlooked (like, putting your weights away).

I have a 'Droid, with all of my workout music, but I would never talk, email, txt. My workout time is my time. I get calls etc. during my workout...but I dump them into voice mail until my time is done.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131