over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mobile Phones In The Gym??????

My gym is a bit commercial so there is no policy on phones. I put mine on silent and stick it in my gym bag and forget. Usually about half way through a workout I may check it to see if the wife has tried to get a hold of me but that's about it, and never a phone call.
There is this one dude that comes in every night about the same time I do and literaly is on the phone his entire "workout". And some of the chicks, especially the heavier ones will talk the whole time they are on the treadmill or eliptical.

I thought it was douchy to talk or text while working out, but it appears to be the norm at my gym.

Some cat uses a bluetooth head set and talks during his sets.

Not sure if these cats are posting facebook status, tweeting or what, but makes kind of curious what they are posting...."OMG bro, I just did curls, getting swole!!!!"

sOOO..

yeah i agree i hate cell phone use on the floor too.. If i do have mine out there its only because my ipod is dead and i'm using pandora for my tunes. Otherwise my phone gets shut off right before i hit the parking lot.

Saw perfect example of the "club med". dude came in thinking hes swole cuz hes using some prop and dbol.. in reality you cant tell he even works out, rocking his chuck taylors and cut off sweat shorts. Goes to squat rack puts on 135 does 8 partials. stops texts for like 10 minutes. then walks away for like 30 comes back puts on 185 does 4 partials. By now me and the boys are rolling its hilarious.. he racks it then sits down and texts for another 10 minutes. then leaves.. classic right there..

They are pretty annoying. People who think they are that importanat that they need to take phonecalls during working out need a reality check.

Remember that when you have a family member with a medical emergency and their healthcare provider can't be reached because YOU don't deem them important enough to have their phone at the gym with them. As a medical professional that's on call 24/7 (literally)...I have to keep my phone with me. Some of us do have the courtesy and common sense to leave the workout area to take that call.

I don't like the cell phone thing in the gym either but what about the people who carry around a book or a newspaper and read it between sets while working out? Unbelievable.

I am the opposite. I don't mind cell phones (haven't seen many people use them anyways in the gym), but I hate the music they play which is the same station. So every workout you hear the same songs all throughout the gym/change room at high volume :(
Glad I have a mp3 player.

I keep mine with me for listening to music, unless its my wife, I ignore all phone calls.

yes some need to bring the phone in the gym but most of us do not. how good of a workout can you get when you look at your phone after every set, drives me crazy. if i see someone on the phone or texting a few times during a workout i label them a chump lol. leave the phone in the car for an hour or 2. the missed calls and texts will be there

it bothers me too. as well as cell phones anywhere public close to people that don't wanna hear ur bullshit

My phone is my mp3 player so I bring it. It does bother me when people sit down and text up a storm for 4 minutes though.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G

doesnt bother me, but i listen to my mp3 player so i cant hear them.

Like most people have said I use my phone for music. If i get a call or text I usually ignore them, but if I have to answer I leave them machine I'm on. I've seen guys with a dumbbell in one hand a phone in the other and I can't help but think this guy can't be focused. If someone is on a treadmill or bike I could care less. The other day i was waiting for a machine and got stuck behind a flock of douches. All of them texting between sets and BS'ing about how much cooler they were than everbody else.

here i go ...... im asking for it with this one.....i used to be the guy bashing everyone with there cell phon i didnt have a realll training partner anymore and i became bored and rushed my rest periods. I was actually getting burnt out cause i wasnt lettin g my body rest enough,,,,,,the next logical thing is talk to somone during your rests..... yea but they want to sit there for 30 mins and bullshit with you.....

what i do is use my phone as my mp3 player (if nothings good on the radio at the gym, latley its been good) and after im done with a hard set i pull out the phone and send a few text messages ..... you can talk about something interesting then be able to not answer when you have to get your shit done in the gym... im all for going hard as fuck when it comes to working out,,,,,, but between sets if your not fooling around i dont see why its a problem

yeah i agree i hate cell phone use on the floor too.. If i do have mine out there its only because my ipod is dead and i'm using pandora for my tunes. Otherwise my phone gets shut off right before i hit the parking lot.

Saw perfect example of the "club med". dude came in thinking hes swole cuz hes using some prop and dbol.. in reality you cant tell he even works out, rocking his chuck taylors and cut off sweat shorts. Goes to squat rack puts on 135 does 8 partials. stops texts for like 10 minutes. then walks away for like 30 comes back puts on 185 does 4 partials. By now me and the boys are rolling its hilarious.. he racks it then sits down and texts for another 10 minutes. then leaves.. classic right there..

Same here, only bust out the phone when I forget to charge the ipod b/c they play lame ass music where I go.

At least homeboy was "squatting" and not doing curls in the rack. That shit pisses me off when I have to wait to use the power rack cuz some frat douche is doing 20 sets of 50lb curls.

Even worse.... I was training my 11am client today and there was a guy doing DB rows and reading his nook that was lying on the bench. Blew me away!

Cant say it bothers me that much if im honest.......people not putting their weights away tho :mad: now thats a different story :banghead:

im a bit hypocritical here. i hate HATE cell phones in the gym. but at the same time i carry mine at all times. I oversee an international company and while i am east coast many of my clients are west coast/alaskan. so when im training at 8 at night it is still 4 or 5 there so still business hours.

i do not generally use it unless it is a client calling and even then i try to decide if the client is important enough to talk at that time. but i have been guilty a few times of using the tread while talking...

if the gym played 80s hair bands

i would leave it in the locker
but... they dont, so i have to lug what feels like a brick in my pocket to get good workout music
i go early mornings so theres never a wait for a machine,if someone is messin around i just point at it n usually its open
i dont mind if people wanna read or text ,talk ,whatever
other than the whats up nod to a few,im there by myself

Keep mine on hand just in case the wife calls in emergency or work offers some OT. Other than that I just use it to listen to music.

But phones were awful in the gym at the local university I attended. Mostly frat kids chatting how there were planning on getting smashed that night while getting their routine bench and bicep workout.

All that hits the gym floor with me is my PAPER notebook and a mechanical pencil Heh

I take my android with me everytime I workout. I have a FREE app that I installed, called JEFIT, and it is awesome! It tracks every set/rep/wait/rest period/body measurements/and lets you take progress pics and you can even see a graph chart of every exercise showing your progress. So if you see someone you think is texting, they may just be logging their workout.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws