over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Modern Bodybuilding and Health

i posted this before but, i had a pretty well respected cardiologist tell me that the theories are changing.. many believe that you only have so much use in the heart.. stressing it to elevated heart rates for prolonged periods of time use up "the so much use".. i think we will see these endurance athletes in the coming decades passing at a earlier age then we would have thought..

dont get me wrong.. the heart is a muscle.. it can be strengthened in my opinion.. but like anything prolonged stress will damage it.. in my opinion..

I've been saying this for years and people laughed at me. Jim Fixx is one example of someone who promoted runner as a cure all for staying healthy and died at 52 while running.

"On autopsy, it was discovered that all of Jim Fixx's blood vessels were partially or nearly completely blocked with plaque buildup. The autopsy also showed scar tissue from three previous heart attacks, and a congenitally enlarged wall between his heart's two ventricles."

Alberto Salazar winner of the 1982 Boston Marathon suffered a heart attack at the age of 48. This guy was a machine and in great physical shape all his life. He's still alive.

Marc-Vivien Foe soccer player 29 years old dropped dead on the field during a game, heart attack.

Miklos Feher soccer player 24 years old dropped dead on the filed during game, heart attack

Antonio Jose Puerta Perez 22 years old drops while playing, died within hours, heart attack

There are more in soccer as well as other sports. Make you wonder WTF is going on? The autopsy of these guys showed cardiomyopathy if I remember correctly. All of these guys are extreme endurance athletes. BTW, all of the soccer players deaths are on youtube. I am in no way recommending that anyone here watches these videos as they are extremely sad and disturbing, but it really makes you feel mortal when you see such young and extremely fit men looking perfectly healthy one second and literally dropping dead the next.

Fuck it. Im throwing away all my chicken, tuna, and rice, selling my gym membership and buying a new recliner, doritos and ben and jerry's. LOL....Just kidding but it makes me think about how i need to change my way of thinking.

I dont find any of them redundant. It actually makes us look like we think we are above all the harm and misfortune instead of reading them and taking them to heart.

ok.. Good point. I was speaking just from a board organization standpoint.

THIS HAS BEEN MY POINT.. every sport has issues.. soccer players dropping right and left.. football players crippled.. boxers getting parkinsons or just plain punch drunk.. boxers dying in the ring.. the list goes on..

i am not making light of any of these situations.. but it does happen and far more than you think.. my brother was diagnosed with "sudden death heart syndrom" at 40.. my sister was too.. out of 6 kids in our family 3 have this issues.. all three have pacemakers installed.. and all are under 50 with the youngest diagnosed at 34.. i have been checked twice and the doc said all is good.. thank goodness.. my cardio doc said that 1 in 500 people have a heart ailment of some sort.. that is why we are seeing young athletes dying on football fields and basketball courts.. we now see many high schools demanding athletes get a full cardiovascular workup before each season..

knowing this we, as bodybuilders and gear users (if you are) need to have regular workups to see what is going on.. stop using stimulants and other things that are stressful to the heart and clean the diets up.. take the cost of one cycle and use it for your checkups... use the results to adjust and be healthy.. if not.. well it is your life..:(

Fuck it. Im throwing away all my chicken, tuna, and rice, selling my gym membership and buying a new recliner, doritos and ben and jerry's. LOL....Just kidding but it makes me think about how i need to change my way of thinking.

I know your joking, but I would rather see someone eat healthy and do little exercise than what some of these guys are doing today. The average Jo thinks that as long as he runs an hour on a treadmill he can eat all the crap food he wants. Maybe that they are thinking that just because their blood is pumping fast that nothing will stick. :rolleyes:

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on:

-The stresses of modern day society

-Environmental toxins: plastics, pesticides etc.

-The current ration of omega 3's to 6's is something in the range of 1:50 when it should be 1:1 I believe, caused in big part from feeding animals corn and grains

-acidity of our diets causing inflammation in the body

oh god...

statistically... life expectancy in the whole damn world is increasing...
statistically... there are WAY more bodybuilders today then there was 40 years ago

let me tell you what happened this last week alone... 6 people i know, 2 around the age of 45 years old, and 4 people above 60... died of heart attacks... 6 FUCKING PEOPLE IN 1 WEEK THAT I PERSONALLY KNOW!

should i freak out because global statistics say something and what i see in front of my eyes says something else?

no, because my eyes don't see the rest of the world...

but listening to some of the crap in this thread (sorry, i'm having a really bad day, and i really don't mean to offend anyone) is just as rediculous as hearing my mom say that eating fruits is the sole reason why my great grandfather lived to be 102.

if 50 years ago, there were 200 bodybuilders... and 6 of them died of heart attacks before the age of 40...
and today, you have 50,000 bodybuilders, and 500 of them died of heart attacks before the age of 40...

would you say side effects and heart attacks are decreasing or increasing??

god damn it... just live your life and be happy without being retarded OR paranoid.

I recently found out about another form of cardio. It's not steady state and it's not HITT. According to this, some of you in this post are right about the human heart not being designed to beat at high levels for prolonged periods of time. I recently bought the book and personally think it's the best way to go for cardio fitness and bodyfat control.

**broken link removed**

oh god...

statistically... there are WAY more bodybuilders today then there was 40 years ago

let me tell you what happened this last week alone... 6 people i know, 2 around the age of 45 years old, and 4 people above 60... died of heart attacks... 6 FUCKING PEOPLE IN 1 WEEK THAT I PERSONALLY KNOW!

should i freak out because global statistics say something and what i see in front of my eyes says something else?

but listening to some of the crap in this thread (sorry, i'm having a really bad day, and i really don't mean to offend anyone) is just as rediculous as hearing my mom say that eating fruits is the sole reason why my great grandfather lived to be 102.

if 50 years ago, there were 200 bodybuilders... and 6 of them died of heart attacks before the age of 40...
and today, you have 50,000 bodybuilders, and 500 of them died of heart attacks before the age of 40...

god damn it... just live your life and be happy without being retarded OR paranoid.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2x I agree with you bro.....

I've been saying this for years and people laughed at me. Jim Fixx is one example of someone who promoted runner as a cure all for staying healthy and died at 52 while running.

"On autopsy, it was discovered that all of Jim Fixx's blood vessels were partially or nearly completely blocked with plaque buildup. The autopsy also showed scar tissue from three previous heart attacks, and a congenitally enlarged wall between his heart's two ventricles."

Alberto Salazar winner of the 1982 Boston Marathon suffered a heart attack at the age of 48. This guy was a machine and in great physical shape all his life. He's still alive.

Marc-Vivien Foe soccer player 29 years old dropped dead on the field during a game, heart attack.

Miklos Feher soccer player 24 years old dropped dead on the filed during game, heart attack

Antonio Jose Puerta Perez 22 years old drops while playing, died within hours, heart attack

There are more in soccer as well as other sports. Make you wonder WTF is going on? The autopsy of these guys showed cardiomyopathy if I remember correctly. All of these guys are extreme endurance athletes. BTW, all of the soccer players deaths are on youtube. I am in no way recommending that anyone here watches these videos as they are extremely sad and disturbing, but it really makes you feel mortal when you see such young and extremely fit men looking perfectly healthy one second and literally dropping dead the next.

You might really be onto something there. I hope its not true.

LOL. My brother in law was a fat 325 lbs or so, now hes 275, and he is healthier than me. He will outlive me by far. Ah, oh well. At least ill look better in my coffin than him! He declares that hes a healthy fatman!

THIS HAS BEEN MY POINT.. every sport has issues.. soccer players dropping right and left.. football players crippled.. boxers getting parkinsons or just plain punch drunk.. boxers dying in the ring.. the list goes on..

i am not making light of any of these situations.. but it does happen and far more than you think.. my brother was diagnosed with "sudden death heart syndrom" at 40.. my sister was too.. out of 6 kids in our family 3 have this issues.. all three have pacemakers installed.. and all are under 50 with the youngest diagnosed at 34.. i have been checked twice and the doc said all is good.. thank goodness.. my cardio doc said that 1 in 500 people have a heart ailment of some sort.. that is why we are seeing young athletes dying on football fields and basketball courts.. we now see many high schools demanding athletes get a full cardiovascular workup before each season..

knowing this we, as bodybuilders and gear users (if you are) need to have regular workups to see what is going on.. stop using stimulants and other things that are stressful to the heart and clean the diets up.. take the cost of one cycle and use it for your checkups... use the results to adjust and be healthy.. if not.. well it is your life..:(

the thing is that the evidence of the harmful effects of steroids on the cardiovascular system are becoming better and better documented as time goes by. There really is no question about the dangers involved. Its just a matter of how you manage those dangers and minmize them. The question I ask today, after my experience, "is the risk of putting on 10-20 lbs of muscle worth the risk of severe health problems?" No matter what you do, no matter how "safe" you think you are, you are increasing your chances of trouble by going on.

oh god...

Well, just today I got another PM from one of our members that is experiening heart issues. He as a resting heart rate of about 110 bpm just like Chris. He hasnt seen a doc yet, but he may have the same conditon. Is this a coincidence too? We lost a moderator on here last year to a blood clot and the year before that I almost died of one. Is that just a coincidence too? Take the blinders off man. Cant you see that there are real risks involved in what we do. DOnt you see that we are at more risk for heart problems than the average person who doesnt use? If you cannot admit that, then you are either in denial or just very stubborn.

I totally agree Maldorf!!!!!!

There are risks everywhere in everything. No matter what you do you are at risk of something. Do a google search for "football players Alzheimer's". They have 17 TIMES the risk of alzheimers compared to non football players. Mountain climbers, how many die trying to reach everest's summit? Shit look at coal miners, loggers, alaskan crab fisherman. They're all out for something and they either understand the risks or they have heard them and deny it. Drug addicts/alcoholics/cigarette smokers are another. Guys who fuck lots of women is another. Bodybuilders have their own risks. I've been talking about the effects of these drugs for years. People can accept them or ignore them.

So whether your game is football, bodybuilding, mining, mountain climbing, screwing lots of girls etc. there are risks

There are risks everywhere in everything. No matter what you do you are at risk of something. Do a google search for "football players Alzheimer's". They have 17 TIMES the risk of alzheimers compared to non football players. Mountain climbers, how many die trying to reach everest's summit? Shit look at coal miners, loggers, alaskan crab fisherman. They're all out for something and they either understand the risks or they have heard them and deny it. Drug addicts/alcoholics/cigarette smokers are another. Guys who fuck lots of women is another. Bodybuilders have their own risks. I've been talking about the effects of these drugs for years. People can accept them or ignore them.

So whether your game is football, bodybuilding, mining, mountain climbing, screwing lots of girls etc. there are risks

Yes, very true. The problem is that so many of us are either totally denying the risks or at least think that the risks are way overblown. Sure the media hype get pretty stupid sometimes, but there is a real risk there and to ignore it is just plain ignorance. Nobody will deny that some of those occupations you mentioned carry risks. There are a lot of guys that honestly believe though that the chance of them having serious health problems when using moderate to heavy doses of steroids for long periods of time is about as great as them being stuck by lightning. Too many guys just on this board alone are having some serious issues to just brush things off, and thats just the guys brave enough to come forward and PM me or post on here. There are plenty of guys on here that are still in denial and keep going down the same path as they have reguardless of how they feel. The drive in bodybuilding to be the best you can be is so strong that it can override even the most sensible person and cause them to take risks they shouldnt. So my point here is that some guys honestly dont understand the true risks involved in taking AAS, they dont know what they are getting into. Now everyone that gets into mountain climbing knows the risks, that is just common sense.

I don't think buselmo wanted to imply that using 'stuff' is by any means without risks. I think he meant that if you're going to do it, than at least stop worrying about things that are largely out of your control anyway since it is only extra stress.

Never noticed that that a lot of times it's the obsessively health conscious types that seem to die young, while beer drinking cigarette smoking grandpa is still sitting in his couch as happy as ever? (I think we all know one of each group)

I don't think buselmo wanted to imply that using 'stuff' is by any means without risks. I think he meant that if you're going to do it, than at least stop worrying about things that are largely out of your control anyway since it is only extra stress.

Never noticed that that a lot of times it's the obsessively health conscious types that seem to die young, while beer drinking cigarette smoking grandpa is still sitting in his couch as happy as ever? (I think we all know one of each group)

I do think the post was trying to downplay the dangers involved in taking AAS. The risk is there and has always been, and its just now that people are starting to report it and thats why I think we are hearing more and more about it. Its kind of like incest, many cases on incest go unreported becaues of the stigma attached to it and people dont want it to go public. Part of me wanted to keep what happend to me secret and not share it on hear. I feared what you all would say and did not want to be ostracized.

BUMP THIS UP WHERE IT BELONGS!!

it all comes down to dosage guys.. i have said it before.. there is never a need for 5-700 mgs of tren.. but 200 mgs does wonders.. there is a article in the new md about the benefits of tren.. no estro conversion, no dht conversion and less harsh on the prostate in studies.. so why does tren have a bad rep? people take too much of it.. tren is 3 times more androgenic then test.. so why is one taking 5oo mgs of this stuff. it is bound to bite ya.. everything is about dosage.. 30 mgs of dbol is good. 100 is silly.. 4 ius of gh is good.. 10-12 a day is silly..

magnum and i have talked about the anabolic and androgenic debate before.. if you take loads of test you need the following: anti e to keep estro levels at bay .. dht inhibitor to protect hair and prostate.. these drugs are not without health risks themselves.. then add in clen ect and you have issues a brewing.. especially if you are prone to heart problems..

i remember being in venice beach with my buddy dave and talking with a competitor who ya all know.. he was telling dave what he was taking.. he took almost all anabolic based compounds.. masterone, primo, eq.. and only 250 of sust a week.. said test was nasty for him.. he did not seem worse for wear.. so remember, when you have to take numerous compounds to off set the effects of a drug it may not be worth it.. there are others out there that were made to get around that..

But why dose tren seem to be so hard on the cardiovascular system? Takeing it for the first time right now and i have never felt anything like this before, I am takeing 500mg test and 265mg tren a week and am concidering droping the tren.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear