over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Modification to my DC routine.

AH that's where I must be going wrong:rolleyes:

That sounds a bit facetious, but I get that b/c it was where I was going wrong for the longest time. I thought I was getting ample protein, but until I started writing it down every day, I thought I was getting a lot more than I actually was. Now I keep track daily and there's definitely something to be said for keeping an accurate log book.

recomendation on what you have going but better would be phil hernons routine. Cant give much away but you can find some older info on his routine around.

But really it wont be as close to as good as hiring him, great guy and straight to the point. I overcomplicate everything and having someone behind me pushing me to just focus on the essentials and not nit pick at the little bits I have made incredible gains as well as being leaner.

Ronnie, I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.

If Homonunculus happens to catch this thread, I hope he chimes in with something.

Huh?.. What?... (Shit, I was just catching up on some cartoons...) What's up?... LOL

I don't think there's too much to say here. The online medium isn't ideal for everyone and I think Ronnie seems to have some trouble delineating what a DC Training program would look like (e.g., I've not seen any mention of rotating through 3 sets of exercises and he seems to want to rest-pause EVERY exercise).

Not being able to stick to a training program for too long (seems to be the case here) doesn't make for a good progress either, regardless of the training strategy.

It's very odd to come from a background of 10 years of volume training (which Ronnie mentions in another thread I think) to such a low volume program like DC and feel immediately overtrained. (Kaladyrn mentioned that what he'd done previously may be to blame - I'd look there, too.)

So, either way, without the cognitive ability to conceive of a program (get the details down), the ability to stick to a program, and the ability to be able to figure out what is causing overtraining ( which a DC'er - someone with some experience - should have to some degree), there's a lot of pissing in the wind.

I think Ronnie might do best to hire someone to be honest (but i don't think DC is a good option for him from what I've seen - so I'm not suggesting me), and maybe even someone local who can work with him in person. The internet interaction doesn't seem to "stick" to well, it seems.

Back to the cartoons. :)

-S

Huh?.. What?... (Shit, I was just catching up on some cartoons...) What's up?... LOL

I don't think there's too much to say here. The online medium isn't ideal for everyone and I think Ronnie seems to have some trouble delineating what a DC Training program would look like (e.g., I've not seen any mention of rotating through 3 sets of exercises and he seems to want to rest-pause EVERY exercise).

Not being able to stick to a training program for too long (seems to be the case here) doesn't make for a good progress either, regardless of the training strategy.

It's very odd to come from a background of 10 years of volume training (which Ronnie mentions in another thread I think) to such a low volume program like DC and feel immediately overtrained. (Kaladyrn mentioned that what he'd done previously may be to blame - I'd look there, too.)

So, either way, without the cognitive ability to conceive of a program (get the details down), the ability to stick to a program, and the ability to be able to figure out what is causing overtraining ( which a DC'er - someone with some experience - should have to some degree), there's a lot of pissing in the wind.

I think Ronnie might do best to hire someone to be honest (but i don't think DC is a good option for him from what I've seen - so I'm not suggesting me), and maybe even someone local who can work with him in person. The internet interaction doesn't seem to "stick" to well, it seems.

Back to the cartoons. :)

-S

Scott, we all appreciate you taking the time to leave your precious cartoons to provide your insight. I hope you didn't forget to set your DVR so you don't miss a moment. In all seriousness though, thanks for chiming in.

Hopefully Ronnie takes your advice and puts it to good use, after all, it did cut into cartoon time :)

I need your collective opinion. Do u think i should modify DC routine into 3-way split or stick to the original 2-way split but reduce the rest pause set to 2 instead of 3.

So it would be something like this 8 reps, then 4 reps.
Total 12 RP.

some people can't handle the 11-15 rep range, but do better in a 15-20rp or a 20-30rp range. just something to consider.

WTF?

Based off of the wishy washy answers, your desire to make everything easier, your lack of willingness to learn on your own and overall inexperience, my opinion is you should not being doing DC at all.

Ronnie I wished you posted this thread over on intense muscle you would be ripped a new one ;) But seriously this thread screams newb all over.

Pick a routine and follow it to T, eat healthy and enough were your in a surplus and get a good night sleep. Simple and do that again day in day out.

Do something you enjoy and something you belief in and don't keep jumping from routine to routine. Heck your name is ronnie, big ron had the same routine with alot of heavy compounds and high frequency throughout his whole career... Maybe he was on to something :p

There is no replacement for hard work if you want results, but it seems like you try to find the easy way out. Even though I hate most volume routines perhaps that would yield better gains if you go half ass on your training then opposed half ass on whats supposed to be HIT with low amount of sets.

I personally love to train myself into the ground were I feel like im going to die and need to be wheeled out all awhile grinning from ear to ear that I just beat my last pr in weight or in reps. But I realize not everyone is like me and most gym rats go for the "pump" with there long rests of flexing in the mirror between there cable curls.

In all seriousness I ain't judging and do what ever floats your boat my friend. But all the while don't bastardize someones methods that whom has alot more knowledge and experience then you or I put together and then some.

Thanks for the tough love guys. Now back to cartoons.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131