over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mohamed Makkawy's precontest diet and traning routine

So his diet was just protein, without any added fats at all?

Thats very interesting...

Does anyone have more info on Gironda type of diet...I know its a keto or pro/fat type of diet...with heavy whipping cream, whole egss, lots of red meat ...

No Chris, he started of with steak and eggs and then would cut fat for periods of time and sometimes would eat no solid food the last few days before a show. Basically would eat just liver tabs thru out the day, def ate some fat thru most of his contest prep.

sharp as a razor

holy shit this to me is close to perfection. although i enjoy the mass monsters and their insane size... I personally want to build a physique like this. well rounded and very detailed. the only part i find EXTREMELY confusing is this so-called diet... if the dude truely never ate carbs and minimally touched fats at the beginnig of the diet.. then how in the f*** is he SOO FULL?? to say that his genetic muscle-bellies are full wont cut it.. i mean the physique speaks for itself. mad props to this guy and vince (if he dieted him). whats your all thoughts on the fullness aspect?

holy shit this to me is close to perfection. although i enjoy the mass monsters and their insane size... I personally want to build a physique like this. well rounded and very detailed. the only part i find EXTREMELY confusing is this so-called diet... if the dude truely never ate carbs and minimally touched fats at the beginnig of the diet.. then how in the f*** is he SOO FULL?? to say that his genetic muscle-bellies are full wont cut it.. i mean the physique speaks for itself. mad props to this guy and vince (if he dieted him). whats your all thoughts on the fullness aspect?

Vince did diet him. Fats were only cut near the end so Mohamed ate mainly steak and eggs. I have one of his precontest diets so I'll post it for you to see. Carbs are given way too much credit for fullness.

Vince also recommended that you eat a carb meal every third day so I think that you would have found that to be a very productive strategy with this diet.

actually, gonna start doing that today with an 8x8 style like the one mentioned in his book and going to include a carb meal on the third day... 3 meals a day with some aminos in between... will update on the results with pics hopefully.

dbol is a helluva drug... LOOOL!!!

no, seriously... a slight carb up meal when you're starved for carbs would do wonders...
sometimes i'd go 6 days without carbs, then i'd eat 2 pints of ice cream and a shit ton of cake (not the best kind of carbs... but hey :D i have to enjoy it a little)... the day after that, i don't train but i take out the carbs, then the next day i train and BAM!!! pumps that are insanely painful that make the muscles look like they are going to explode out of the skin... ESPECIALLY if you use something that helps with pumps (wink wink)

i went through a period where i was doing all sorts of weird type of workout programs to see how my body would react and if i would grow or shrink or flatten out or what. since i dont compete and never had any designs to training in different ways is fun for me. i dont have to worry about ruining structure.

so one of the methods i tried was a very high volume, pump up style training hitting bodyparts 3 times over a 10 day period, or 9 times per month as opposed to the 3 times a month i generally trained. ill give an example of day 1 weights and sets then the rest just listing basics info so you can get an idea of the type of weight style. not too high but not too light. very hard work. basically it looked like this:

day 1 - chest-bi's-tris - 6 sets per, 12-25 reps per set, 2 exercises per bodypart

incline db's - 3 sets - (not including 2 warmups) - 60x25, 75x15, 85x10-12
pec dec or cable fly - 3 sets - weight depending on machine - 25 reps per set
alt db curl - 3 sets - 25x25, 35x15, 45x12
lying cable curl - 3 sets of 25 reps
overhead DB ext 2 handed - 100x25, 110x15, 120x12
pressdowns - 3 sets of 25 reps

Day 2 legs - quads got 8 sets over 3 exercises and hams got 6 sets over 2 exercises. reps high between 20 - 25. weights high but not too high

day 3 - back shoulders -
back - 9 sets, 3 exercises, reps 25-30 per set
shoulders - 6 sets - 3 exercises, 20 reps per set

day 4 - chest bis tris
day 5 - legs
day 6 off
day 7 - back shoulders
day 8 - legs
day 9 - chest bis tris
day 10 - back shoulders
day 11 - off

i followed this with a heavy diet of everything. i wasnt worried about fats because i generally dont like fatty crap anyway. no fast food, no pizza, no greasy junk. and i got at least 9 hrs sleep per night. i did this for 6 weeks.

at the end of it all i took off for 2 weeks and when i got back to regular training i was far stronger than ever before. i was definately thicker and had a greater depth of muscle detail.

i had put on 11lbs during this period. i stayed very strict with everything. i will admit that i was sore as balls quite a few times but pushed through it anyway. i was also supplementing at over 1k per week during this period to help.

i dont think i could ever pull this off now but i do love heavy volume training and massive pump workouts. i am a firm believer in them.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131