over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More bodybuilding side effects

I never had surgery. It just crept up on me over time and when I finally noticed it, it was too late...
Ok. Ive communicated with others on here that have had it occur after hernia surgery.

Godspeed Big A! I to have an umbilical hernia mine is on top of my bellybutton about one inch long. Same I don’t train my core enough. Time to get after it. That’s scary Big A hope it all goes well and have a good recovery.

Shitty situation, and we're all glad you're getting it taken care of. Train those abs and core ladies and gentlemen!

I had my diastasis recti repaired this past January. The plastic surgeon that repaired mine used a "human matrix" patch to help reinforce the repair because mine was so bad and to keep from me getting it again. I was not allowed to lift more than 5 lbs or do much of anything for 8 weeks post op. I, like Big A, HAD a six pack when tensed but my stomach looked very swollen if I just completely relaxed it. I'm 47, roughly 5'8"-9""ish and stay around 245-250 but veiny and hard looking everywhere but my gut (NOW) so I must have a shitty amount of visceral fat as well... The separation between my abs at midline was a little over 4 fingers wide. My stomach still has swelling and inflammation from the surgery that could last up to a year and I'm having issues holding my abs tight while doing activities which puts a lot of extra strain on my shitty fused lower back but it is getting better, just very slowly. I hope your surgery goes well. Obviously get a good surgeon like I did because one of the others that I talked to was wanting to fix it by removing the fascia from one side of my abs to pull across to use to pull my abs back to midline and then pull and stitch the linea alba to do the repair. It would've looked like complete shit!

Ok. Ive communicated with others on here that have had it occur after hernia surgery.
No worries. I contemplated such surgery but my doc advised against it unless it REALLY bothers me.

Thanks for sharing Big, will have you in my prayers, i have not said anything but i just spent 23 days in the hospital , been out 12 days now, leg pressing way to much for me lol,tore my quad and ruptured a large blood vessel. They went through my groin to cardarize and stop the bleeding. Then my heart freaked, massive afib,had a cardioversion, then 2 days later rapid onset pulmonary edema they had to intubate,,icu for 6 days. Bodybuilding . Im 55 but i think im 25 in the gym lol.

Great post, hope you are able to overcome the issues you face. What are some things you can recommend people take so they do not develop these issues? If I had to guess....

More core work (transverse, not crunches, weighted ab stuff, etc that can hypertrophy the mid section).
More cardio (increase insulin sensitivity)
Less carbs perhaps, cleaner diet, but at the same time, not too much "bulky food" that will sit in the stomach and slow digestion? So this one seems tough to perfect
Hate to say it, but maybe avoid heavy squats, deads if possible, etc, to avoid putting excess pressure on the core region ?

Wondering if you agree or disagree with these and have anything to add that you think is important?

Thanks for sharing Big, will have you in my prayers, i have not said anything but i just spent 23 days in the hospital , been out 12 days now, leg pressing way to much for me lol,tore my quad and ruptured a large blood vessel. They went through my groin to cardarize and stop the bleeding. Then my heart freaked, massive afib,had a cardioversion, then 2 days later rapid onset pulmonary edema they had to intubate,,icu for 6 days. Bodybuilding . Im 55 but i think im 25 in the gym lol.
Wow, just about literally killed yourself doing leg presses. Ive never heard of such a serious injury like that and the cascade of events. Glad you made it. Ive been cardioverted now about 8 times or so, lost count. That is quite a trip isnt it!

I have diastasis as well. Don't know how wide tge separation is but it's large. Really see a ridge protruding when on my back and attempting to do a sit-up motion.
Do they put in some kind mesh in there? Is heavy lifting over after such a surgery?
No mesh. All getting stitched together. I have a huge protruding ridge when I do a sit-up.

Hawkmoon and I both have the same condition. Mine isn't 4 inches though. I've not had it looked at, but mine seems to be about 2 fingers wide. I've also got an umbilical hernia I blew the patch on. My diastasis recti developed right after my hernia surgery. I think Hawkmoon's did too. Some kind of connection there maybe. Did you have hernia surgery?
I had an umbilical hernia and 2 x inguinal. Mesh is still intact according to the ultrasound.

Oh man, that setup looks just like when my wife had her tummy tuck surgery. Had to squeeze out those tubes a few times a day, I think to make sure the tubes didn't clog. And that compression garment was tough to get on and off. Good luck man. Will not be fun.
My hernia surgeries' recoveries were hellish and those were minor compared to this. Definitely not looking forward to it.

Had the same stomach surgery done.

I remember I wasn't on any pain killers in the hospital. When they were releasing me they brought the wheelchair to my bed. I went to move and screamed lol.

They gave me a percocet. First time I've ever had that. Remember standing up eventually and almost passing out.

Anyways take it easy for a few weeks because moving any body part involves use of the abs as I quickly found out!

And for the love of God take it easy when you get back to the gym (if you do) because I definitely felt something tear First time I flexed my abs too hard.
After the first hernia surgery I had, I went home after 1 night. Big mistake. For the following two surgeries, I stayed in hospital for a whole week so I could take advantage of their electric bed :D

Big A or anyone who's had the surgery, is it repaired with mesh like a hernia?
Depends on the circumstances. I won't have a mesh.
The surgeon wanted me to diet strictly so I can lose as much visceral fat as possible, so he can tighten it as much as he can.

Great post, hope you are able to overcome the issues you face. What are some things you can recommend people take so they do not develop these issues? If I had to guess....

More core work (transverse, not crunches, weighted ab stuff, etc that can hypertrophy the mid section).
More cardio (increase insulin sensitivity)
Less carbs perhaps, cleaner diet, but at the same time, not too much "bulky food" that will sit in the stomach and slow digestion? So this one seems tough to perfect
Hate to say it, but maybe avoid heavy squats, deads if possible, etc, to avoid putting excess pressure on the core region ?

Wondering if you agree or disagree with these and have anything to add that you think is important?
As you said - regular core/ab work and cardio and low high GI carbs. Slow digestion foods will not be a problem. And neither the heavy compound exercises. Those exercises caused it in the first place only because the core was so weak from not doing ab/core work.
And obviously wearing a belt non stop it's not good either as it doesn't allow the abs to get strong through stabilisation.

Getting old sucks. I'm 47 and I look in the mirror and I get shocked as I expect to see a 25yo LMAO

Sorry to hear all you've been going through Big A. Keep the faith. I'm sure the surgery, while not fun, will go well and will be worth it in the end. Keep us all updated.
Good luck to you Big A. God Bless.
Best of luck and hopefully a fast recovery.
Praying protection and safety for your surgery and a speedy full recovery! Hang in there Big A!

Godspeed Big A! I to have an umbilical hernia mine is on top of my bellybutton about one inch long. Same I don’t train my core enough. Time to get after it. That’s scary Big A hope it all goes well and have a good recovery.
Thank you all 🥰

After the first hernia surgery I had, I went home after 1 night. Big mistake. For the following two surgeries, I stayed in hospital for a whole week so I could take advantage of their electric bed :D
Man, I was like you and had 1 umbilical and 2 inguinal hernias repaired all at the same time. Mine was outpatient and I returned home that same day as surgery. So I did not stay even one night. It was indeed tough for the first few days but I made it. Years later my heart attack was a lot worse. I think having the hernia surgery in a way got me prepared for the heart attack later.

Wow, just about literally killed yourself doing leg presses. Ive never heard of such a serious injury like that and the cascade of events. Glad you made it. Ive been cardioverted now about 8 times or so, lost count. That is quite a trip isnt it!

Yes that was my first time,, it was a out of the body experience,hard to explain. You have been through a lot buddy, and now even Big A , this has changed me as far as drugs and muscle mass goes.

So sorry to hear about these problems Big A, I wish you a full and speedy recovery. I´m a recent member of the diastasis recti club. I had really bad abdominal distention for almost two months, I´ve had stomach problems for a long time due to painkiller abuse for my back problems which culminated in a digestive hemorrhage eight years ago, so I got concerned and went to the GP, had blood and stool samples taken, nothing out of the ordinary, no heart burn or acid reflux, I finally couldn´t take the permabloat any more and went to the ER where I was diagnosed with diastasis, the doc told me the only solution was surgery "but only models get it done, the rest live with it" and since it was plastic / cosmetic I would have to pay out of my own pocket since the social security in Spain doesn´t cover that type of operation. I thought "fuck this" and looked for solutions online: wheight loss and hypopressive ab work, after two months the discomfort is a lot less but hasn´t disappeared completely, so I´m dieting hard to lose the lard I have. The funny thing is I noticed a small tear whilst doing landmine 180´s for abs but didn´t think twice about it, things got progressivelhy worse from then on, I stupidly did this stretch for my lower back a month into my excersises and I felt another rip in my upper abs so guys be careful:

1577117350-back-mobility-header.jpg

I'm glad I decided to wait on my surgery. I have an umbilical hernia, as well, but I've had it for years and it hasn't gotten any worse. It's not painful, even when I press on it and it sucks back in 😂

Guess I'll leave it alone

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity