over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More bodybuilding side effects

Depends on the circumstances. I won't have a mesh.
The surgeon wanted me to diet strictly so I can lose as much visceral fat as possible, so he can tighten it as much as he can.

That sounds like the smart way to do it, get the visceral fat down as much as possible so everything tightens up and reduces the pressure.
Best of luck to you A! You've been through a lot in the last year!! As you know, you'll come through it and persevere...we're not normal people. Lifters only know how to overcome and move forward! The life you live proves you're locked into that mindset!! You know the shit I've been through and I'm 52. There's only one way to move and that's ahead! Sometimes it's slower than we want but giving up doesn't exist...ever!!

I've had 3 umbilical hernia repairs and it sounds like that could be the cause of the diastasis recti. It looks like a tall ridge when I'm laying down and try to sit up.
Big A, good luck with your surgery. And remember, try not to sneeze afterwards. You probably remember that from your previous surgeries.

Regarding core work, those who have done it and managed to keep tight or done alot of research, what kind of volume and frequency do you use? Core work Ed, eod? Just calesthenics, or use weight?

I see some good stuff on YouTube but it's always from calesthenics guys who train very differently than a bodybuilder. I currently do core 3x per week, 3-4 sets. Try and target TVA and lower back

Regarding core work, those who have done it and managed to keep tight or done alot of research, what kind of volume and frequency do you use? Core work Ed, eod? Just calesthenics, or use weight?

I see some good stuff on YouTube but it's always from calesthenics guys who train very differently than a bodybuilder. I currently do core 3x per week, 3-4 sets. Try and target TVA and lower back
Below is what I was advised to do everyday and was told that it will work all of the muscles needed to strengthen and stabilize my core...

Side Bridge
Perform 3 sets of 10 reps, 1 time per day.

Begin lying on your side. Rest your weight on your forearm and feet. Lift your hips toward the ceiling until your body is in a straight “plank” position. Try to avoid looking down to watch your body as this will interfere with achieving the ideal plank position. You may wish to use a mirror to ensure good form. Slowly lower your hips back to the floor and repeat as directed.

594b4a25-9e18-4145-afeb-b49f47867693.png
Curl Up

Lay on the floor in a hook-lying position. Place one hand behind your lower back to maintain the arch in your spine. Relax your neck muscles as much as possible. Tuck your chin and lift your head and shoulders off of the floor toward the ceiling. This movement should come from your middle back. Advance by raising without allowing your elbows to touch the ground. Perform as directed.

bird-dog.jpeg
Bird Dog
Perform 3 sets of 10 reps, 2 times per day.

Begin on your hands and knees in a quadruped position. Extend your left leg and right arm into a fully straightened "bird dog" position. Hold this contraction for two seconds and return to the quadruped position. Do not arch your back or twist your hips at any point. Repeat with your opposite limbs, slowly alternating for three complete sets of 10 repetitions two times per day or as directed.

I had an umbilical hernia and 2 x inguinal. Mesh is still intact according to the ultrasound.
I tore mine out doing dead lifts.

I'm glad I decided to wait on my surgery. I have an umbilical hernia, as well, but I've had it for years and it hasn't gotten any worse. It's not painful, even when I press on it and it sucks back in

Guess I'll leave it alone
I've been pushing in my hernia now for most of my adult life. It does get old!

Curious, I turned 50 and my core is terrible (used to be flat as a washboard, even relaxed). But after decades of weight-gaining and weight-losing, when relaxed, my belly is like a loose bag. It as if all my innards just fall right down into my lower abdominal area the moment I relax it.

Is this reversible without surgery? Are my intestines enlarged? If I get my bodyfat down really low, will whatever that supports your organs (I'm assuming it's a fascia of some sort like when gutting a buck) reduce in size or elasticity? I hate that I have a bag for a belly. Is there any hope?

I have never had any hernias or tears. Nothing like that at all. But I have used a lot of gear and have heard as we all have, that our organs also experience hypertrophy. At this point, I don't care if I lose all my musculature and am just like a skinny punk. I just want a flat stomach again. I can grow my muscle back from there bc I gain muscle quite easily.

@Big A , I'm sure you'll do well with this. The one thing I've learned about you over so many years is how resilient you are. This will be no different. It will be hell though.

I had to wear this huge thigh splint for 2 months until my femur healed after that idiot smashed into me. I should have sued his balls off but he was so apologetic, cried real tears, I just demanded medical be covered. It will be hell for you but you MUST remain inactive. Any more trauma, even micro-trauma and your split will just widen. Even if slowly. The full body wrap is like a truss. But after that comes off, you have to get after your abs and obliques hardcore.

Does anyone know if the fascia (the belly bag) shrinks over time? Even with 45-55 yr old?

For example, if you use syntherol and get an oddly enlarged muscle area, if you stop working that muscle and allow it to shrink, will the fascia eventually re-tighten around the muscle? I don't know enough about the fascia to say.

It's my opinion that once stretched out, the fascia is permanently that way. I don't have anything to back that up. Some people say that doing the right exercises makes their diastasis recti not as bad, so maybe it is possible.

Last year when growing I ended up with what I suspect was a minor case of diastasis recti - I definitely had the ridge when doing crunches whether lying down or sitting.

I do little to no ab work when growing. Once I started dieting in March I started doing abs regularly again. Between that and getting all the fat off it corrected itself and I no longer have the ridge when doing crunches.

However, I suspect it will return later this year as I push to 300lbs. - ab training will only help so much when you're putting down extreme amounts of food.

Below is what I was advised to do everyday and was told that it will work all of the muscles needed to strengthen and stabilize my core...

Side Bridge

Begin lying on your side. Rest your weight on your forearm and feet. Lift your hips toward the ceiling until your body is in a straight “plank” position. Try to avoid looking down to watch your body as this will interfere with achieving the ideal plank position. You may wish to use a mirror to ensure good form. Slowly lower your hips back to the floor and repeat as directed.

594b4a25-9e18-4145-afeb-b49f47867693.png
Curl Up

Lay on the floor in a hook-lying position. Place one hand behind your lower back to maintain the arch in your spine. Relax your neck muscles as much as possible. Tuck your chin and lift your head and shoulders off of the floor toward the ceiling. This movement should come from your middle back. Advance by raising without allowing your elbows to touch the ground. Perform as directed.

bird-dog.jpeg
Bird Dog
Perform 3 sets of 10 reps, 2 times per day.

Begin on your hands and knees in a quadruped position. Extend your left leg and right arm into a fully straightened "bird dog" position. Hold this contraction for two seconds and return to the quadruped position. Do not arch your back or twist your hips at any point. Repeat with your opposite limbs, slowly alternating for three complete sets of 10 repetitions two times per day or as directed.

Thank you I will try these. I also feel like one issues if food volume, not calories. Volume of food does not equal calories. Guy A can eat 5k calories and guy B can eat 5k calories, but (just throwing out random numbers) one of the two can eat 10lbs of food and the other 4lbs of food. As bodybuilders to keep insulin sensitivity in check, not spike blood sugar other than around the workout, and for health (lots of green veggies) we tend to choose the more volumous foods until we can't (meaning the discomfort).

I've been pushing in my hernia now for most of my adult life. It does get old!
I kept doing that for years until one night doing tricep extensions on the machine the pain was unberable.Next day i went to the er and was admitted.I was in the hospital for a week after being told it was an outpatient procedure.The first time trying to stand up was freaking painful lol.After two months i was back in the gym.

Thank you I will try these. I also feel like one issues if food volume, not calories. Volume of food does not equal calories. Guy A can eat 5k calories and guy B can eat 5k calories, but (just throwing out random numbers) one of the two can eat 10lbs of food and the other 4lbs of food. As bodybuilders to keep insulin sensitivity in check, not spike blood sugar other than around the workout, and for health (lots of green veggies) we tend to choose the more volumous foods until we can't (meaning the discomfort).
You're welcome and I hope they help you. I agree with you about the food volume. I've never been huge like some of the bigger members here but I have been 265 at 5'9"ish, with blurred but still visible abs back when I competed in powerlifting years ago, which for me required a lot of food. At 47 I stay between 240-250 on TRT but still the amount of food that I eat makes my stomach look like an inflated balloon sometimes (it's not gas bloat) but some mornings when I wake up my stomach is flat with all 6 abs showing pretty good if I flex hard but as soon as I relax my gut, it looks like I may have pig DNA. Other mornings my abs are blurred at best but they have been since having bowel resection surgery last August and even more blurred since having my diastasis recti repaired this past January. The plastic surgeon that repaired my diastasis said to expect the inflammation/swelling to last up to a year. I wonder if it's partially from food allergies or from the bowel resection? I've tried Stan Efferding's vertical diet for a few months but didn't really notice a huge difference in the bloated look, which is unfortunate for me because it's a really simple diet to follow and adjust. Getting old with my history of training is turning out to be a real bi-atch. I hurt damn near everywhere and want to see my younger self when I'm naked or look in the mirror but that's not what's staring back at me. LOL Anyone else here relate?

It's my opinion that once stretched out, the fascia is permanently that way. I don't have anything to back that up. Some people say that doing the right exercises makes their diastasis recti not as bad, so maybe it is possible.
shit...

and want to see my younger self when I'm naked or look in the mirror but that's not what's staring back at me. LOL Anyone else here relate?
Every fucking day!

And obviously wearing a belt non stop it's not good either as it doesn't allow the abs to get strong through stabilisation.

Guys, don't use the belt for the bench press or bicep curl!

Bodybuilders have become so obsessed with training equipment that at the cost of making their workouts more optimal to make their muscles bigger, they have weakened everything else.

Well fuck, now i know i have this lol

Same thing as what most have said, the larger I get, the more my gut grows.
BIG A, i'm very similar to you. My arms and shoulders and calves are thick and veiny, but if you told me to take my shirt off right now (im on TRT) i'm soft and not hard at all around my stomach. I definitely know its gotten worse this year because I'm had some serious lower back problems (herniations) that really stopped me from doing lots of core work (even abs) AND i was growing. I get lazy and stop ab work thinking, "well if i do this too much, i'm expanding my waist" and NOW, not doing it has expanded my waist.
When i do a situp, I have a tick middle ridge in my abs, maybe 2 fingers wide.

Weird thing is i've never had any sort of hernia whatsoever.
This is one of them that ill prbably live with (and diet down very hard soon) to see what it looks like in a lean lean state.
THEN i can decide if I wanted to get rid of this shit. But ugh, damn OUR bodies.

Hoping for the best Big A!

Fuck, sorry to hear this. And here I am, pissed off at my recent (small for now) Umbilical tear.
Hoping for the best for you!

Well fuck, now i know i have this lol

Same thing as what most have said, the larger I get, the more my gut grows.
BIG A, i'm very similar to you. My arms and shoulders and calves are thick and veiny, but if you told me to take my shirt off right now (im on TRT) i'm soft and not hard at all around my stomach. I definitely know its gotten worse this year because I'm had some serious lower back problems (herniations) that really stopped me from doing lots of core work (even abs) AND i was growing. I get lazy and stop ab work thinking, "well if i do this too much, i'm expanding my waist" and NOW, not doing it has expanded my waist.
When i do a situp, I have a tick middle ridge in my abs, maybe 2 fingers wide.

Weird thing is i've never had any sort of hernia whatsoever.
This is one of them that ill prbably live with (and diet down very hard soon) to see what it looks like in a lean lean state.
THEN i can decide if I wanted to get rid of this shit. But ugh, damn OUR bodies.

Hoping for the best Big A!
Yeah, that ridge looks like shit doesnt it! I think it also makes our core weak and causes more lower back troubles. When you stand relaxed and not flexing the abs it makes your guy stick out.

If you look at photos of some of the pros, you can see that they have it too. Its not really rare.

In this photo you can see Ronnie has it but Dexter's is still nice and tight all the way up and down the linea alba.

bobchic8_22_big.jpg

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity