advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More evidence that high dose AAS is bad for our brains...

One of the reasons is probably ethical issues. Steroids are illegal and arguably harmful. It would be extremely hard if not border-lining on impossible to randomize two groups to a treatment and control group in an effort to evaluate steroids effects.

There are naturally occurring groups of users and non-users but then the causal mechanism is potentially called in to question

you now this is one of those really annoying things!

think about the idiocy of these laws! its maddening!

on one side we got a whole big group of idiot drug monkeys.
on the other side we got a big group of ppl in lab coats n shit just looing for experiments...

the guys on the first side are WLAKING experiments! lol

sure in real life there are too many variables to call something a controlled study but shit how often does the real world respect controlled variables!

and are controlled variable really that relevant in the real world since we already know that in the real world there is a lack of control for variables?

so why not let all these dumbasses help each other and the greater good of humanity! :banghead:

drug users and scientists and dr's need to become friends!

we need and want answers, they are looking for them!
why not let the two work together without fear of legal recourse...

?????????????

well?

it might actually help someone!

cant be doing things for the greater good now can we?
especially when money is at stake!

every govt is to blame as is all who support them.
this is like basic human shit and we should not have to deal with idiotic complications in out way.

662899.jpg

I lorf'd. I love it. So true. I'm not stupid but I'm a wild and reckless dipshit sometimes. This shits shaving years off my life, zero question, and I'm too mentally addicted to quit. Most of you are in the same boat but don't want to admit it. Responsible TRT turns into a continuous string of blast cycles with a couple lil TRT breaks here and there.

Last edited:
I lorf'd. I love it. So true. I'm not stupid but I'm a wild and reckless dipshit sometimes. This shits shaving years off my life, zero question, and I'm too mentally addicted to quit. Most of you are in the same boat but don't want to admit it. Responsible TRT turns into a continuous string of blast cycles with a couple lil TRT breaks here and there.

63013939.jpg

Well, at least I have an excuse now to tell my wife. Sorry Honey, I really don't understand.

I dont buy this one.

I wasn't convinced when they stated that all the testing was done outside the body.

I dont get paid to research and bodybuild so dont bother telling me to research my sources you can do that if you like. Please pick apart this study . It hints to the opposite of what the OP is getting at.

**broken link removed**

I figured try to find aas doing the opposite in humans.

I am in the development and support of computer software. Id like to think my intelligence and quickness is up there.

thanks

^that study is almost completely irrelevant. lol

are we really going to argue that giant doses of test are good for you?

I will say that there is much more at play, by using other things we could sure effect the outcome of all of this...

Watching a bunch of juice-bags pick apart science makes my brain hurt.....

People take alot of these studies way out of context and make rash generalizations....this study showed an outcome that warrants further funding for research on the topic.

I remember a few years back a study that was posted and guys came to a conclusion that was completely contradictory to what was stated in the analysis/conclusion of the article because they didn't understand one of the words used..and it spread across multiple boards with misinformation.

Anyways. The bottom line to all of this shit for the average Joe in the real world, putting any drug into our body has side effects, and these are usually dose dependent (different from person to person). Use as little as possible to get the result. You don't take half a bottle of aspirin for a headache so why pump 10mls of sus a week to look better in your v-neck at the local nightclub?

Last edited:
Watching a bunch of juice-bags pick apart science makes my brain hurt.....

It was funny at first…then the migraine and eye twitches started! I think too many are getting defensive for no reason…I like to think they are all amped up on tren and halo. :) The OP posted an interesting study and provides a "data point." Hopefully future researchers and grad students will build on the published data.

G.I. Bro…thanks for posting the article. I hope your arm is healing well.

Last edited:
More recent research in this general area.

Everyday memory deficits associated with anabolic-androgenic steroid use in regular gymnasium users.

http://benthamopen.com/contents/pdf/TOPJ/TOPJ-9-1.pdf

"Our findings suggest that long-term use of anabolic-androgenic steroids has a significant impact on an individual's everyday memory and ability to remember. This could affect many spheres of life, including interpersonal, occupational, educational and health-related aspects, given the ubiquitous nature of everyday remembering."

Im going to go ahead and post this but I am VERY SKEPTICAL OF THIS "STUDY" because of how it was conducted. I hardly even consider it a study. Memory and Executive Function were NOT tested in a clinical fashion, but were scored based on a questionnaire e.g "Do you repeat the same story to the same person on different occasions?" 1 being never 5 being very often they are asked to rate themselves. etc. You see the flaws present in that methodology.

Last edited:
More recent research in this general area.

Everyday memory deficits associated with anabolic-androgenic steroid use in regular gymnasium users.

http://benthamopen.com/contents/pdf/TOPJ/TOPJ-9-1.pdf

"Our findings suggest that long-term use of anabolic-androgenic steroids has a significant impact on an individual's everyday memory and ability to remember. This could affect many spheres of life, including interpersonal, occupational, educational and health-related aspects, given the ubiquitous nature of everyday remembering."

Im going to go ahead and post this but I am VERY SKEPTICAL OF THIS "STUDY" because of how it was conducted. I hardly even consider it a study. Memory and Executive Function were NOT tested in a clinical fashion, but were scored based on a questionnaire e.g "Do you repeat the same story to the same person on different occasions?" 1 being never 5 being very often they are asked to rate themselves. etc. You see the flaws present in that methodology.

I wouldn't say it wasn't really a study (it isn't the best study though), but yes there are probably better measures to use for memory and EF. I don't know how well these self-report measures track-on to laboratory memory tasks for example.

Looking it over very quickly I think it looks like there are in fact very large differences among AAS and non-AAS users which seems somewhat scary; however, the problem here is we don't know the causal direction. Perhaps steroid users for some reason have these deficits to begin with without the use of steroids (however, the study posted before leads one to believe that they do promote or at least enhance cognitive degradation).

Last edited:
Also, read the intro which provides some more info on the literature surrounding AAS and cognitive deficits

A major flaw I see in this study is their claim that neuritin is increased, saying that in combination with other mechanisms described that it causes a direct toxic effect.

A quick search on google turns up

Neuritin produces antidepressant actions and blocks the neuronal and behavioral deficits caused by chronic stress

which suggests the neuritin has a protective effect against the other things caused by AAS mentioned in the paper. Further searches will add further evidence that perhaps the authors got something wrong on what neuritin actually does.

Furthermore, only a single statistical analysis was performed and since there is no mention of a 3rd party, it must be assumed that it was performed in-house (as 3rd parties always want credit on published papers).

Good scientists get a 3rd party to perform their statistical analysis.

Lastly, the studies were all performed in vitro, with "short term" exposure being defined as 24hrs and "long term" as 48hrs. I would like to see a future study that uses live rats exposed to the drugs and then THEIR cells taken and examined for differences between a control group at different time periods.

Anyhow, interesting subject. I hope research is continued in this area, with more scrutiny and with cells in vivo.

- I know this was a long time ago but don't want people to discount the study because of this response -

This response is hogwash. A good scientist does not need a 3rd party to perform their statistical analyses and only one analysis does not suggest a bad result.

In addition, there are many compounds that can have dichotomous (e.g., negative or positive) effects depending on the dosage. For example, cortisol.

Put this in the tren memory loss thread looks like it goes here too: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17638384

I believe the results point to androgens protecting the brain and helping grow new brain cells (neurogenesis)

Last edited:

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear