over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More gear = eat more?

This has been discussed quite a bit on the board....the guys that 'grew into a show' were at an artificially low bodyweight when they started their diet, training, and supplements. If you are on any sort of calorie restriction, do you believe you are going to put on mass while you were not able to put on mass when you were 'off-season'. Those guys had already been bigger before so it was a combination of muscle memory, nutrition and aas. IMO

my point is that you shouldn't waste your time bulking up......don't you agree it is pointless to gain fat and then have to worry about stripping it away?

stay lean, gain quality mass and look your biggest the day of the show.....period...... paragraph!!!!

i dont think its that easy bro. sure if you eat like a 220lb guy you will get to 220 but who knows how much fat ur gunna put on while ur getting there.

Exactly. I tried this method in the past, eating like what you want to weight and I will tell you that it packs on an enormous amount of fat. Terrible way to do things, and very unhealthy. I ate good food too, not junk. Tons of baked boneless/skinless chicken breats. You have to make the increase in cals very slow. 250 cals/day is a good way I think. Do that and observe for 2 weeks what happens to you. ADjust at the end of 2 weeks. Sometime youll find you need to step cals back down because you gain bodyfat.

Unless they are dieting, the biggest bodybuilders I know personally pretty much eat as much good clean food as they possibly can. I honestly think that is one of the biggest things seperating alot of really big guys from the rest of the pack is the amount of food some of these guys can put down. Sometimes when I got out to eat with these guys I am seriously like WTF? In other words, if you have a gifted metabolism, are training hard, and are trying to gain, eat as much good food as you can IMO.

Unless they are dieting, the biggest bodybuilders I know personally pretty much eat as much good clean food as they possibly can. I honestly think that is one of the biggest things seperating alot of really big guys from the rest of the pack is the amount of food some of these guys can put down. Sometimes when I got out to eat with these guys I am seriously like WTF? In other words, if you have a gifted metabolism, are training hard, and are trying to gain, eat as much good food as you can IMO.

Yea there are a lot of different opinions in this thread.

What you said goes along with what DC says and he knows his stuff pretty good. I'm following his training program.

I guess it's just going to be striking the right balance. I'll work on this and see how it goes. Sometimes it's hard to seperate fat mass gains from bloat though.

What I found in the past was I used too much gear(well, not that much) but the use of orals which really killed my appetite, so in order to get the cals I needed I needed to eat anabolic foods but bad one like pizza, triple cheeseburgers,etc.. I didnt gain any fat b/c the the GH but I didnt like how at least one meal had to be something like a whole pizza or a triple or quad cheeseburger just to get in my cals. This next lean bulker im gonna cut out orals, stick with a simple test/npp cycle with some Gh and a little slin and add cardio this time as well.. That helps increase appetite. That way I can get all my cals I need from cleaner foods and just have a cheat once or 2x a week opposed to 1-2x everday.

I know from personal experience that this approach did not work for me. If you take in more nutrients than your body needs all this is going to happen is that its going to be stored as bodyfat. I dont care how clean you eat. Phil would back me on that one. Thats why he advocates eating sensible meals and doing so only when hungry. Stuffing yourself all day just makes you a lard ass, and I dont care how much gear you are taking or how hard you are lifting.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws