over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More Hypocrisy

JAG

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Many were appalled when I post the story that Noelle Bush was found with crack in her shoe and Jeb Bush said it should be treated as a family matter. Here is a follow up in the news today:

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- An attorney for Gov. Jeb Bush's only daughter asked a judge Tuesday to close her drug court proceedings, arguing that she has a right to privacy while under that court's supervision.

Drug courts help a person complete treatment and aren't subject to the same openness as criminal courts, lawyer Peter Antonacci argued.

An attorney for the Orlando Sentinel and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel newspapers said drug courts are no different than any other criminal court and should stay open.

"This decides whether she goes to jail to or not," said Jonathan Kaney, an attorney who specializes in First Amendment issues. He said there was no "celebrity exception to the rule of openness in court."

The judge didn't say when he would make a decision.

Noelle Bush, 25, was arrested last January for buying an anti-anxiety drug with a fraudulent prescription. She sought treatment through a drug court, but could face criminal charges if she fails the treatment.

Last July, Bush spent two days in jail for possessing a prescription drug. Last month, police were called to her treatment center in Orlando after another patient said Bush had crack cocaine.

Speaking to reporters in Tallahassee, Gov. Jeb Bush said drug courts should be protected from public scrutiny.

"At a point in time, people can be looked at as though they're failing when in fact if you look at it over the long haul, they're on the road to recovery," he said.

Carolyn Cooper, associate director of the Drug Court Clearinghouse at American University in Washington, said she never heard of a drug court hearing being closed to the public. Neither had Karen Freeman-Wilson, chief executive of the National Association of Drug Court Professionals in Washington.

If the judge rules in favor of Noelle Bush, it would go against the grain of the First Amendment since court proceedings are closed to the public only under rare circumstances, said Gary Winick, a law professor at the University of Miami.

"Our tradition is one of openness," Winick said. "What happens in a courtroom is of strong public interest."

Id like to go to a Bush family reunion. George W would be drunk and on coke; his slut niece (Jebs kid) banging some crack dealer for a $10 rock. Whooooo!

These are the Republicans (democrats are not much different)-you know, the ones with the get-tough policies on drugs and DWIs. EXCEPT WHEN IT APPLIES TO THEM!

The ultimate in hypocracy. Makes me want to puke. :mad:

Id like to go to a Bush family reunion. George W would be drunk and on coke; his slut niece (Jebs kid) banging some crack dealer for a $10 rock. Whooooo!

These are the Republicans (democrats are not much different)-you know, the ones with the get-tough policies on drugs and DWIs. EXCEPT WHEN IT APPLIES TO THEM!

The ultimate in hypocracy. Makes me want to puke.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks.

I'd feel better about the situation...

if she did some time. - CH

This is not an argument liberal vs conservative.
Its about idiotic politicians, who represent both parties.
In case you didnt notice, I mentioned both in my previous
post. Republican are known more for a harder stance on drugs
making them that much more hypocritical. But basically they all suck.

Do as I say, not as I do.

liberal VS conservative

The Bushes were singled out, thats why I was defending them..not their actions..Remember..its still Dealing VS Selling issue..Noel is a user not a dealer, which does carry a lighter sentence..Am I wrong??
Warchild

Your nitpicking to defend a political party is annoying me. Your totall missing the point! This thread is not about Rep vs Democrat. They are both wrong; and noone but you is interested in making a contrasting detailed political party comparison.

If thats you angle call Rush Limbaugh.

politics are evil

As someone who was as much a conservative republican as could be,I have come to realize that ALL politicians of both parties are beholden to the media,and not their constituants.They are nothing but a group of power hungry liars.I do not believe in our political systen anymore,and urge all of you to rethink who is really in control here.Most americans are puppets,but who is really pulling the strings???? Think about it...............

who's political??

Yes, I am a CONSERVATIVE...NO doubt about it!! BUT...the bushes were singled out about being a drunk, cocaine user..Steroid users are not arbitrarily arrested for being users..Only if they are in possession..Ask me do i agree with the current steroid law..OF COURSE NOT!! IT is inane nonsense and I unlike a lot of people on the boards do write my congressman about this issue explaining that if someone my age(40) wants test replacement therapy..they want to rip you off by charging 300.00 for 1 bottle of Cyp!!!!???? Oh by the way..Yes I listen to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Oliver North and Mike savage!
warchild
P.S. Mike, relax!! I did not mean to offend your politics!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws