over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More info

Armageddon

Kilo Klub Member
I'm helping out a friend and want some different ideas on what you guys do for the last 2 wks before comp. mostly diet such as carb loading sodium/water depleation and what not. Thanks

Here's wyld's water recommendation (and Stroyer's vitamin C) for pre-contest: http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=661

Here's a copy of Wyldeone's post:
Pre-Contest Water Intake

Just make sure you switch to distilled water the last week and run a carb depletion Monday-Wednesday then start your carb load at 150 grams complex dry carbs divided into 6 equal meals. Then Friday look in the mirror and add another 50 grams if you are still flat giving you a total of 200 grams through Friday night then start loading 2-3 rice-cakes with jelly every 2-3 hours from 8-9:00 p.m. or until you get to sleep. first thing in the a.m. before pre-judge eat some pancakes with a lot of syrup and 6 oz. flank steak then 2 hours before pre-judge take 400 mg Synthelator w/ 1 carbo force mixed with 20 grams of glutamine! On your water do this:
Monday: 3 gal distilled
Tuesday: same
Wednesday: 2 gallons
Thursday: 1 gallon
Friday: Sip no more than 16 oz. distilled water or better yet black coffee or green tea as these are a natural diuretic and work very well. Best of luck and I hope this is of some help to you.

xcel

Last edited:
Here's some suggestions from Swolecat (mod over at got fina):

Try this........ If your photos are on Sat, u will start the Sun before..........If on another day, still work it like this just change the days.........
Sun - Fat/Pro all day long, with only about 30 grams carbs PWO if you WO. Drink 2 gallons of water today, and take 1 boullion cube in the am, and one pm. Drop in hot water, dissolve, drink.
Mon - Exact same as Sunday.
Tues - Exact same as Sun/Mon, however NO PWO carbs IE, no carbs at all today.
Wed - cut water to 1 gallon today. DROP ALL SODIUM!!! I like chicken (fresh NOT FROZEN as that has assloads of sodium) and yams/sweet potatoes. I cannot emphasize how much u wanna avoid as much sodium as possible! Fresh chicken breast!!!!!!! Take d-root and b-6 with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Take the Aqua Ban tabs 2 at a time for a total of 6 times today. I eat 6 times a day, so I take them with each meal.
Thurs - Exact same as Wed, however cut the water back to 1/2 gallon.
Fri - Exact same as Wed/Thurs, however water is at 1/4 gallon.
Sat - maintain your look by keeping to the schedule above. Water today until pics should be tiny sips for sanity, no gulps! Gulps will screw you! Have some Raisinettes about 10 mins before your shoot. They work well to make veins appear. U can also have red wine, whiskey, etc...... ~SC~

xcel

Here's some info from mikexxl over at AR:

Ok, what Berry says doesn't work with me, I can't just eat everything, every thing I do is very calculated and base on at least some scientific data or fairy tails of bodybuilders, never less it's all planed out i stick to the plan, I find if I deviate from the plan at the end, NOTHIG good ever comes out of it.

But anyway here are my recommendations:

6:00am Thursday - wake up have 1 apple and a little bite of chicken the apple will introduce sugar to your system and because your body is relying on fat for fuel at this point, you want to make sure you are burning glucose again as a main fuel before completing you de-carb workout.

7:00am de-carb workout i do circuit training, my whole body done about 4 times...1 set of each, followed by another (ex, squads, bench, rows, leg curls, shoulder press, pull downs to the back, calfs, curls, push downs, abs, deadlifts, leg extentions, flyes, side laterals, shrugs, forearms) now that would be one circuit 15-20 reps with about 50% max weight, you don't want to get sore because that will only slow down the carb up process, no slow negatives either. Now do this 4 or 5 times and you are done. rest about 5 min between circuits. Tid-Bit: only the body-parts worked immediately before the carb up will be carbed up properly and super-compensated.

8:30-9:00 am right after workout, liquid carbs (maltodextrin and dextrose mix) and whey isolate

11:00 repeat liquid carb meal

1:00 switch to simple sugars but in a solid form. cereal is a good example here (must be low fat)

3:00 to be on a safer side switch to potatos and/or yams for carbs and chicken

5:00 repeat the above

7:00 reapeat the above and add a little bit of fat, i like walnuts here.

9:00 and 11:00 meals are the same as the above.

if you wake up hungry in the middle of the night have alittle meal like the one above.

Friday morning:

6:00 am potato or yam and chicken and some walnuts

8:30, 11:00, 1:30 and 4:00 are all the same

Assuming the prejudging is on Saturday at around 11:00am, cut the water at 5:00 (18 hours out) and start fat loading with a 6:00 meal.

6:30 pm once again to be on a safer side I would go with steak and potato or yam

9:00 and 11:30 are the same and if you wake up hungry in the middle of the night, well you know what to do.

SATURDAY, the day of the show.

6:00am fat loading continues with any fat sources that are dry (nothing with high water content) cream filled donuts, cheesecake, dry cakes, peanut butter on rice cakes, chocolate...etc...must be fats and sugars together, or go to the breakfast buffet down the street and have a great big breakfast, pancakes with syrup, toast with butter anything your heart desires...get full, real full and watch and wait as your body looks better and better every hour.

9:00 you can repeat if you want just no to the same extent, do not want that bloated look right...

This will all work for anybody that is already very lean and ready for their show, if you feel like you have a few more pound to loose this might not be as effective, however i did basically a program like this for my last show, I still needed to loose a couple of pound of body fat to be truly ready, and all of this worked just fine.
So be ready 1 or 2 weeks out and give it a try, make slight adjustments if necessary.

To be honest I don't really count the fat grams, but i would say around 30-45 gm per meal, I eat till I am full and then stop until I get hungry again, make sure not to eat to soon. I consume Water through the carb up, but once you start fat loading you MUST CUT THE WATER or you will look smooth, I've been there once...won't do it again...so basically water till 4:00pm on Friday as much as you can get down and as much as you want...and start fat loading at 6:00 pm

xcel

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner