over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More of my thoughts on Cholesterol and where we go wrong

Saw labwork on a patient the other day with the worst lipids I've ever seen! Total cholesterol was 998, hdl 5, triglyceride > 4000! didn't even know that was possible

Saw labwork on a patient the other day with the worst lipids I've ever seen! Total cholesterol was 998, hdl 5, triglyceride > 4000! didn't even know that was possible

Wow...pretty good sign that something is awry..it's not the cholesterol..there is something else creating this issue that is causing the body to try and protect itself or something..man, those numbers are crazy....

So my 6 weeks of niacin, coq10, 6g of fish oil, almonds and avocado everyday, coconut oil everyday, brought my hdl from 42 to 60. I use citracel everyday too, my LDL was under 100 and so were my triglycerides. Pretty stoked. This is on a TRT dose too. Thanks for all the info here guys.

So my 6 weeks of niacin, coq10, 6g of fish oil, almonds and avocado everyday, coconut oil everyday, brought my hdl from 42 to 60. I use citracel everyday too, my LDL was under 100 and so were my triglycerides. Pretty stoked. This is on a TRT dose too. Thanks for all the info here guys.

YES! I am taking exactly what you are + policasonol (not citracel) and also on a TRT dose. hopefully this works as well on me as it did on you

Now if I could just get my bp down without hawthornes or meds....lol. I'm low level hypertensive, 130-140/80s. Genetics.

Now if I could just get my bp down without hawthornes or meds....lol. I'm low level hypertensive, 130-140/80s. Genetics.

Top three things I found that worked for me to keep BP down are:
1. low test; for me thats 175mg a week tops.
2. reduce sodium in diet
3. cardio; 3-4 30 minute sessions for me.

Top three things I found that worked for me to keep BP down are:
1. low test; for me thats 175mg a week tops.
2. reduce sodium in diet
3. cardio; 3-4 30 minute sessions for me.

All of the above.....and if I could add one thing to the list it would be to do everything you can to keep stress down.

Once I actively started paying attention and reducing my stress levels, it made a big difference.

Well I take my pressure @ work maybe that's why it's always up.

Possibily, having a set controlled environment is key so the conditions remain as constant and consistent as possible.

Thanks for sharing your insight mountain dog.

Speaking of Avacado's, I think I got mocked last time I said this.

My bad chloesteral was at 6.4, I should be between 3.0 - 3.5 as per my doc.

I was on low test at this point for only 6 weeks. 250mg per week, decent diet.

Doc did not want to give me meds nor do I like taking meds.

Anyways, he told me to start implementing half a avacodo eod/ed and come back in 6 weeks.

Continued the test, same diet, went back, my numbers came back at 2.99, I was thrilled.

There is my .2 about avacodos and cholesteral.

Chip

Last edited:
was at the doctor today for pink eye. she took my blood pressure and it was still 120/80. I guess I'm immune to high bp unless I take superdrol apparently. that is no bueno for my HDL though

Last edited:
So my bp spiked to 160 today, I'm going on meds. I Already take Hawthorne berry. Anything else to add? I have been borderline for years always 130-140 over 80....I already take niacin, ubiquital, multi, 6g of fish...nuts & avacodos PRN. Lol.

So my bp spiked to 160 today, I'm going on meds. I Already take Hawthorne berry. Anything else to add? I have been borderline for years always 130-140 over 80....I already take niacin, ubiquital, multi, 6g of fish...nuts & avacodos PRN. Lol.

Outside the hawthorne berry everything else you listed is actually more for cholesterol than BP and yes they are not treated in the same manner. A lot of guys will throw lisinopril at the problem and I suppose that is effective. I do try more natural means first and then if they are unsuccessful resort to pharmacological means. Honestly 1-2 hours of cardio of week will have no impact on you losing any muscle mass but will almost assuredly have an appreciable effect on BP and quite a bit more.

I fight & do mma 5 times a week tons of cardio. I do the stair mill @ the gym 3 times a week too. Diet is pretty good too....low sodium is a hard road. Lol. I got rx for a Ace inhibitor. Hope I don't get any side effects. Thanks for your input tho. I'm like 230, I prolly could get down to 215. Last time I was 214 I was 7%. Body fat.

I am on prescribed Niacin (Niaspan)... Im about to lose my insurance, does anyone have a source that offers the same quality/level Niacin in Niaspan... This has been the only niacin I have seen improvements in HDL from... You can PM me too...

Thank you

I am on prescribed Niacin (Niaspan)... Im about to lose my insurance, does anyone have a source that offers the same quality/level Niacin in Niaspan... This has been the only niacin I have seen improvements in HDL from... You can PM me too...

Thank you

I just use otc real niacin and it seems to work fine for me, no comparison though since I've never been on the Rx

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Just got some blood work back

HDL 40.9
LDL - 34.8
Triglycerides - 105

Taking Niacin, coq10, curcumin, green tea and abana from himalaya healthcare.

Should I be worried with LDL that low?

I love this thread.

My dad had a triple bypass and a transient ischemic stroke. My mom has A-fib. I am determined to avoid both if possible. So thanks for all the information.

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic