over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More on the "gh gut" myth...

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
The GH gut myth persists. Gut and distention is likely VAT, even when you get sub-Q fat down. Insulin use (or abuse). And finally, the large amounts of food, constantly full GI tract, etc. People seem to discount that constantly force feeding is a simple reason for this effect and it takes a while to flatten back down even when you clear your system out. Matt Porter just did a YouTube video where he had a Dexascan which showed a low 8.7% body fat and a larger amount of VAT (visceral fat) which surprised him. This is common among hormone using bodybuilders who gain fast and cut fast as well. VAT tends to accumulate for various reasons (insulin, carbs, inflammation (cortisol), androgen)...

If high amounts of GH directly caused intestinal growth and "gh gut" it would be well documented in the medical literature where there are ample studies and examples of HIV patients receiving VERY large amounts of GH. We simply do not see it. There is no solid evidence that GH use causes massive GH gut. In fact, more studies exist that show GH reduces waist size through reduction of VAT. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170406/ I do agree the intestines have a high density of insulin and IGF-1 receptors but the science simply doesnt support the phenomenon that GH use leads to intestinal growth and distended guts absent all the other factors (androgens, high carbs, tons of food, insulin, etc.).

No, I am not repping for some GH source, lol. This is just one of those bro myths that lives on and wont die. Feel free to comp me though, TP. LOL.

Tony Huge and Bostin Loyd discuss the HGH gut myth and go into detail about the true reasons bodybuilders stomachs become distended. (Not that they are credible authorities, but nonetheless.)
https://youtu.be/2yH-3waR8KE

Porter's Dexascan with higher VAT and low body fat which occurs with us often.
https://youtu.be/VjWCaoxI94Y

The solution to a bloated distended post bulk physique? Low carb (preferably a paleo style keto which I am loving), drop the slin, shrink the stomach and flatten out with smaller feedings (remove the inflammation causing wheat/gluten, processed shit). Rinse and repeat. Dont over eat when you go back to your bulking phase with carbs. Just enough carbs to grow...

Last edited:
Other than GH I wonder if there are supplements to target VAT?

Other than GH I wonder if there are supplements to target VAT?

Where there is money to be made, you will find big pharma. There is a drug on the market targeted at VAT and lipodystrophy (but caused by HIV). EGRIFTA®: Understanding HIV-Related Excess Belly Fat AKA tesamorelin - https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-07/mgh-dtr071614.php

Drug specifically targets the belly bulge - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Anything that lowers cortisol and inflammation can help, Phosphatidylserine (PS), Vit C, Rhodiola, Ashwagandgha etc. For your average guy though, you really just have to eat less and lose fat over time and eat less carbs. A quick DNP blast may lower your sub-q but not reduce your accumulated VAT like a longer diet will. VAT is suppoed to go first when you diet but when you manipulative hormones and insulin like we do, you can get different results. It sure seems people with our "hobby" can stay lean yet accumulate VAT which you may not see as much in a natural athlete.

Last edited:
Insulin
&
Large meals that aren't as easily digested as say chicken/fish with rice.

Chicken and rice in smaller meals will digest quicker and won't leave you bloated. I'm not preaching don't eat red meat & sweet potatoes but just not every meal, and also the abundance of junk a lot of pros eat in the off season contribute.

Those I believe are the main culprits of the distended bellies.

Ever seen the gut of a Silverback Gorilla?

It's huge.

They eat 40lbs of vegetables per day...

I think it all goes back to total food consumption

I'm just a nobody who likes a workout and not an expert by any means but I've always thought it was more or less to food volume as well. I'll check out the video tho thanks for the info.

I wonder how many female gorillas they score since they don't have a flat six pack?

gorilla.jpg

they look pretty jacked to me lol

they look pretty jacked to me lol

Upper chest is a bit flat, but this fella is hard as nails, no doubt... wonder how many DNP cycles he's got under his belt... :p;)

Upper chest is a bit flat, but this fella is hard as nails, no doubt... wonder how many DNP cycles he's got under his belt... :p;)

No gyno either. Must be loaded on anti-e's

Could be.

And considering we share something like 98% of our DNA, maybe it's how we're built too...

Well why couldn't we humans have received that 2% that is the strength of zeus and 0 myostatin... bastards

Well why couldn't we humans have received that 2% that is the strength of zeus and 0 myostatin... bastards
Despite their size, a chimp is supposedly like 4x stronger than an average adult male in terms of upper body strength.

Imagine a rabid circus chimp going bezerk and ripping both your arms put of joint. Lol.

Despite their size, a chimp is supposedly like 4x stronger than an average adult male in terms of upper body strength.

Imagine a rabid circus chimp going bezerk and ripping both your arms put of joint. Lol.

Oh I know, and silverbacks are even stronger

**broken link removed**

^What I was referring to when I said myo deficiency

Dont we still have the issue of GH elevating IGF1 and creating systematic growth at a profound rate? I always assumed the distended gut was part of insulin ability co create VAT but mainly from creating systematic growth?

Oh I know, and silverbacks are even stronger

**broken link removed**

^What I was referring to when I said myo deficiency

Crazy story....years ago I remember seeing one at a zoo. The guy that was interacting with him had his aides bring out what he called his favorite toy to play with.

They threw a couple of what looked like Truck Tires into the area with him. These things were huge and heavy, and he walked over to it, grabbed it, and was flinging it around like a Frisbee.

But the thing that just amazed me was he picked one of them up, and then proceeded to literally rip it in half like someone would rip a piece of paper.

I was just in awe and I think it stunned everyone there.

Crazy story....years ago I remember seeing one at a zoo. The guy that was interacting with him had his aides bring out what he called his favorite toy to play with.

They threw a couple of what looked like Truck Tires into the area with him. These things were huge and heavy, and he walked over to it, grabbed it, and was flinging it around like a Frisbee.

But the thing that just amazed me was he picked one of them up, and then proceeded to literally rip it in half like someone would rip a piece of paper.

I was just in awe and I think it stunned everyone there.

They are amazing, I was at the Jacksonville zoo in Florida and one of the gorillas smashed one of the observation windows and and whole thing just cracked into a spiderweb.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws