YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More protein = better look/composition/training output? Whats are your personal conclusions?

TeaMan

Registered
Newbies
Hi, i know there was a huge thread about protein dosing and i read it through but even tho there was conclusion thats goes like "everybody is different, and should try by itself" i'm wonder how many of you guys actually try different approtches - high protein/moderate protein/lower protein - and what was your conclusion on it when it comes to gym output, bein full, composition during offseason, better fat burning during cut, having more energy etc. Basically how you feel on how many grams pre lb or kg of bodyweight?
Let's assume that:
High protein - 3,5+ per kg with if i assume it correctly its about 1.56g +/lb of bodywight
Moderate - 2,5+ per kg
Lower protein - 2 or less then 2g per kg

And more important, how does you count your protein (only animal sourcer or whale protein during the day ex. rice, noodles, bread)

Whats your thoughts folks?

I think i'll look best when my protein is close to 4g/kg based on my offseason photos, im trying lower it to 3,2-3,4g and rise the carbs, but i have the feeling my look were worse, didn't notice much difference in training performence tho (only the look are change)

Hi, i know there was a huge thread about protein dosing and i read it through but even tho there was conclusion thats goes like "everybody is different, and should try by itself" i'm wonder how many of you guys actually try different approtches - high protein/moderate protein/lower protein - and what was your conclusion on it when it comes to gym output, bein full, composition during offseason, better fat burning during cut, having more energy etc. Basically how you feel on how many grams pre lb or kg of bodyweight?
Let's assume that:
High protein - 3,5+ per kg with if i assume it correctly its about 1.56g +/lb of bodywight
Moderate - 2,5+ per kg
Lower protein - 2 or less then 2g per kg

And more important, how does you count your protein (only animal sourcer or whale protein during the day ex. rice, noodles, bread)

Whats your thoughts folks?

Never made a bit of difference to me, lower or higher, what source.
Tried them all, kept very accurate records, that was all that changed.
Hence my opinion of 'high protein' food plan. And of course a sample
size of 1, but I have seen this for others, but I was not there to
supervise their protein intake so you never really know :(

Many things come into play when its comes to protein, TEF is one of them, and thats may be the reason for looking "dryer" when the carbs are lower and the calories are the same but i definetly see the different in composition, strenght and pumps are rather the same in my case.
There are some coaches that clames protein isn't as important, and on the others side there are some thats love crazy high protein. Milos says that story of Nasser upping hes protein to a crazy amount due the influence of milos log book :D

I think it's easier to just talk about grams, yeah some of us are 190 some 290 but I'd consider high protein 300 g plus. I get in about 350 at 190 or so.

The more the better as long as your not getting fat and your getting enough healthy fat intake and sufficient carbs for growth. Protein is more filling than carbs and fats for the most part so it has that bonus.

4 k calories at 400 g protein I'm feeling good and full.

4k calories at 200g protein I'm going to be hungry.

I rarely get more than 150 to 200 grams a day.. I tried forcing a higher amount but did not notice much from it besides discomfort and it being a pain in the a%$..

For me and amount of gear I usually take around 300 is perfect.

These are the 9 out of 22 protein amino acids your body can't make and of the over 200 amino acids found in the body:

Isoleucine
Histadine
Leucine
Lysine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Tryptophan
Theonine
Valine

What you don't eat, your body can (and does) make. I go high protein and fats most days and will do carbs around workouts. But whether I get in 200gm of protein or 400gm of protein, I don't really notice it at all, only if my total calories aren't there. That's the only thing I've ever noticed - when I wasn't getting enough total calories or the opposite, too many calories.

This is why I don't buy into collagen, gelatin, etc as superior protein sources or glycerin as a superior carbohydrate. It's going to be broken down into its smallest pieces and swim around in your bloodstream as disparate amino acids and/or simple sugars anyway so who cares? It's not as if the beef collagen is going to remain collagen and help your joints or do something magical. Or even coalesce back into collagen again at all. That's just not how things work. Your DNA has the instructions and your body has the machinery to make amino acids it needs.

So whether it's protein, fat, or carb, if your body needs it, it can make it. Just not the essential amino acids, fatty acids, and some of the trace vitamins and minerals. But all of those can fit on one side of a single sheet of paper.

after 1g per pound of bw, doesnt matter....at all.....total calories makes u lean or fat....protein aint some magic macro. and eating more aint n gonna git u bigger faster....its all in y'alls heads....
from the protein propaganda police. the thermic effect ftom excessive intake.....just eat less calories overall and the result is the same.....besides muscle mass is 70 percent water....gain 20lbs of muscle in a year....if u can....its only 6 pounds of real tissue....no one needs to eat 250 pounds of protein in grams a year to gain 6lbs..

I count protein like Justin Harris, i.e. I do not include rice proteins, oatmeal or other carbohydrate products
and I convert it to kg but dry weight, i.e. competition weight without dehydration, i.e. now I have 134 kg but I count on 125 kg - I have 440 g of protein 3.3-3.4 g / kg so high but not insanely high. In the past, I tried even 550g of protein per day but this resulted in worse digestion and higher sugar levels despite the much lower amounts of carbohydrates

on the other hand, on lower amounts of protein, such as 300g a day, I looked much worse, my regeneration was much worse and I was not growing, and basically my body was slowly reducing muscle mass

Between 220g and 250g for 100-105kg. Even when bodyweight is lower tbf.

It sits right digestion and recovery wise, price wise as well.

Between 220g and 250g for 100-105kg. Even when bodyweight is lower tbf.

It sits right digestion and recovery wise, price wise as well.
I'm exactly 105kg upon waking today and maintaining just fine on 300g protein and now at 3000 cals. I was at 6,000 over the winter, 4,000 in spring, but I can't lose weight on 4,000. Even with all the extra cardio. So we'll see how this 3,000 goes... I was hoping to be 95kg by now. It's getting frustrating honestly. But a 25% calorie cut should do it.

I don't train for physique (I'm an ugly cunt anyways; no point having the body of a Greek god when I got the face of gargoyle 😂) so my experience may not be directly applicable but thought I would share in case it did interest anyone;

I'm currently 89kg and 13% bf - my bf level tends to fluctuate between 10 - 15% depending how deep into the racing season it is - I try to maintain 12-15% as this is where my performance is best.

I eat 5500kcals per day on average - I aim for 200-250g protien and the rest mostly carbs - most of my fat is incidental in that its a by product of my protien & carb sources - I only tend to intentionally add fats to my diet towards the end of the racing season when I start struggling to maintain body fat levels (typically the last 3rd of the season contains the more gruelling events).

I have found that reducing my carb load and increasing either protien or fat seems to adversely impact performance (expected) but also recovery by quite a significant margin - this may be unique to me as many report increased recovery with higher protien intake but for me this tops out around the 200g mark.

In terms of look - I probably look a little "dryer" with a lower carb intake however I sweat do damn much with 2-a-day training it's negligible - however with high carb my muscles have a much rounder and shapely look although less dense in appearance.

These are the 9 out of 22 protein amino acids your body can't make and of the over 200 amino acids found in the body:

Isoleucine
Histadine
Leucine
Lysine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Tryptophan
Theonine
Valine

What you don't eat, your body can (and does) make. I go high protein and fats most days and will do carbs around workouts. But whether I get in 200gm of protein or 400gm of protein, I don't really notice it at all, only if my total calories aren't there. That's the only thing I've ever noticed - when I wasn't getting enough total calories or the opposite, too many calories.

This is why I don't buy into collagen, gelatin, etc as superior protein sources or glycerin as a superior carbohydrate. It's going to be broken down into its smallest pieces and swim around in your bloodstream as disparate amino acids and/or simple sugars anyway so who cares? It's not as if the beef collagen is going to remain collagen and help your joints or do something magical. Or even coalesce back into collagen again at all. That's just not how things work. Your DNA has the instructions and your body has the machinery to make amino acids it needs.

So whether it's protein, fat, or carb, if your body needs it, it can make it. Just not the essential amino acids, fatty acids, and some of the trace vitamins and minerals. But all of those can fit on one side of a single sheet of paper.
Couldn't agree more.

I've also tried both (very high and very low protein) and everything in between and the only thing that really mattered in the end were my total kcals.

I found I look my best and strongest on high protein . 1.5-2 grams per pound I’ve been as high as 2.5 when younger and with that noticed improved mood and energy levels .

My protein goes by what phase I'm in. There are 3 phases
1. Growth mode - moderate protein, higher carb, lower/moderate fat
2. Get lean mode - high protein, low/moderate carbs, lower fat. Protein grams are always higher than energy grams (carbs, fats).
3. Chill mode - ketogenic diet (modified) moderate protein, very low carb, higher fat.

So protein amount depends on which phase I'm In at the moment.

I feel and look better when i keep my protein around 1g per pound of bw

Either dieting or gaining muscle theres more space for carbs and fats
Also

I count protein like Justin Harris, i.e. I do not include rice proteins, oatmeal or other carbohydrate products
and I convert it to kg but dry weight, i.e. competition weight without dehydration, i.e. now I have 134 kg but I count on 125 kg - I have 440 g of protein 3.3-3.4 g / kg so high but not insanely high. In the past, I tried even 550g of protein per day but this resulted in worse digestion and higher sugar levels despite the much lower amounts of carbohydrates

on the other hand, on lower amounts of protein, such as 300g a day, I looked much worse, my regeneration was much worse and I was not growing, and basically my body was slowly reducing muscle mass
Yea but now there's a question, off all the guy's that claimed 1g/1lb of bw are sufficient are counting it from just the main sources or all of the diatery surces. There's a big different when you eat 600-800-1000+ carbs in protein intake, when you counted like Justin. Some says "carbs are protein sparing" but i never get that, how's that work's - or they're just meant carbs have some protein in it itselfs so you don't have to rise the protein form meat sources as much. So if you set a protein for you and/or your client's counting like Justin, they are/you probably not eating 3,5g/kg but closer to 4g +, im i right?

I really haven't noticed a difference except that I feel fuller on more protein and it helps me diet. My weight has been between 205 and 225 over the last years and I pretty much keep protein in the 180-220 gram range. I've been out of the "hardcore zone" for a while and truly can't really recall a big difference back then. Generally speaking, a 1 gram for 1 pound rule worked and I ate more carbs.

Yea but now there's a question, off all the guy's that claimed 1g/1lb of bw are sufficient are counting it from just the main sources or all of the diatery surces. There's a big different when you eat 600-800-1000+ carbs in protein intake, when you counted like Justin. Some says "carbs are protein sparing" but i never get that, how's that work's - or they're just meant carbs have some protein in it itselfs so you don't have to rise the protein form meat sources as much. So if you set a protein for you and/or your client's counting like Justin, they are/you probably not eating 3,5g/kg but closer to 4g +, im i right?
you are right that I do not exceed 3.3-3.5 g / kg of protein products

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner