over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Morning wood

Too much of an AI and lowering estrogen too low can destroy erections.
Too much estrogen does me in worse than too little estrogen. I've crashed my estrogen down to a 3 on sensitive estradiol test and still had morning wood, my body just ends up converting more test to dht and with sufficient dht, one will still get night wood but it comes with a host of other problems.

its great until you realize you need to take a leak and you have to do the bend over the toilet to make your dick roughly pointed toward the bowl :)
I just piss in the shower when this happens, then wash it down the drain.

I just turned 48, I get them just about every morning.. Its got to be the prop that makes me so horny..

An erection is a carefully orchestrated series of events controlled by the CNS. We now know that the penis is under the complete control of the CNS, both during sexual arousal and at rest. As our Working Group colleague William D. Steers has noted, any disturbance in the network of nerve pathways that connects the penis and the CNS can lead to problems with erections.

Switching off the activity of the sympathetic nervous system enhances erections. Nocturnal erections are a good example of this. Nocturnal erections occur primarily during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, the stage in which dreaming occurs. During REM sleep, sympathetic neurons are turned off in the locus coeruleus, a specific area of the brain stem. According to one theory, when the sympathetic nervous system is at rest, proerectile pathways predominate and allow nocturnal erections to occur. We often refer to these events as a “battery-recharging” mechanism for the penis, because they increase blood flow to the penis and thus bring oxygen to reenergize it. Studies show that women also experience episodes of nocturnal arousal when the sympathetic nervous system is a rest. Approximately four or five times a night, or during each period of REM, women experience labial, vaginal, and clitoral engorgement.

That is correct but also understood science. Erections are controlled by the parasympathetic. When you are at sleep usually the parasympathetic system is more active and hence you get erections.

But take a hypogonadal person, and a eugonadal person.
Both will have different response to the CNS stimulaiton at night due to their hormonal environment. They may both have morning woods, but the eugonodal person will have much better quality of morning wood.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, yes its controlled by nervous system, but testosterone (and hormone levels) are critical as well.

PS I have to go hide my laptop and angle it away from people when I am accessing a thread called "morning wood". Feel kinda homo.. (#nohomo).

That is correct but also understood science. Erections are controlled by the parasympathetic. When you are at sleep usually the parasympathetic system is more active and hence you get erections.

But take a hypogonadal person, and a eugonadal person.
Both will have different response to the CNS stimulaiton at night due to their hormonal environment. They may both have morning woods, but the eugonodal person will have much better quality of morning wood.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, yes its controlled by nervous system, but testosterone (and hormone levels) are critical as well.
By no means am I dismissing androgenic response doesn't play a role in erections, it's a player in the game, not the only player tho. All to often a majority of individuals will proclaim it's primarily controlled by androgenic and or estrogenic response(s), it's not. We're not single cell organisms that fire on one specific hormone. Testosterone isn't the be-all-end-all in our physiology.

Nocturnal penile tumescence is under control by your CNS. Testosterone is a miniscule fraction of the whole that's involved.

Two questions:

1) Stewie, did you really just use the medical terminology "nocturnal penile tumescence" to describe morning wood? (You are such a nerd!)
2) Why debate this particular subject when there are 999 quintillion other topics to discuss?

Two questions:

1) Stewie, did you really just use the medical terminology "nocturnal penile tumescence" to describe morning wood? (You are such a nerd!)
2) Why debate this particular subject when there are 999 quintillion other topics to discuss?
Because of the misconception that "morning wood" is a valid indicator of hormonal health and that can be misleading when doing your evaluations.
Hormonal health CAN influence morning wood but for the larger part its driven by the CNS in parasympathetic state.

As Stewie stated, not much to do with Test levels. Moreso to do with stress/rest/blood flow, imo. I used tadalafil, and would get them very, very strong every day. Stopped taking it and have them a bit more randomly, weaker at 1800 test level, and completley gone when I am stressed or exhausted.

On vacation, they come back strong within days due to rest and knowing I can relax, etc.

curious as to why you stopped? I am 51 and just started....love this stuff.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear