Votes: 7 2.0%
  • elbows

Votes: 81 23.5%
  • shoulders

Votes: 105 30.4%
  • other

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
50 plus for this old dog no long serious injuries, shoulders have given me problems in the past but not long lasting.

2stones

My shoulders have always been my weakspot. I didn't notice it until my early twenties, but every so often I would get shooting pain in my left arm that radiated from my shoulder. My hand would go numb. I noticed I had pain when benching, though my weights were still good. Finally in 2006 I had an MRI done and it found a pretty good size bone spur that was subacromial or under the acromian. In January of 07 I had it removed, did my 2 months of rehab, slowly got back to the gym and it was like a new shoulder.

Later in 2008, I found I had a "partial thickness tear" in one of the ligaments in my right shoulder. It's still sore, but Im always keen to take time and warm up. I've also noticed that if I position my hands correctly there's no pain. It's not really painful, but more of a nuisance. Doctor said Im fine, but always warm up and stretch.

Back for me-but I had disc surgery 18 months ago. so...

R Shoulder have been bothering me the longest. had a accident with a mere 30db warming up in college. It was brutual. Arm just collaspsed out of nowhere. db felt right no the center of my body, came to a violent stop, and i never let go. Waited till winter break, to get it looked at, said tendittis but i thnk i might have had a a litte more serious of an injury had i gone right away. Like a slight Dislocation ro something like that.

Now my L one is acting up, go figure. R one finally has gone away fro the most part some stuff does flair it up. L one is on the top, happened when i woke up the day after a leg day, standing calf raises pad with machine loaded migth have sat funny on my shoulder, then slept on it weird cause it hurt as soon as i got up. still does, hurts to take corners if i steer with my L.

So shoulders for me.

L Elbow has been giving me problems, but has slightly gone away, I know what I can and can not do to keep it in check, use to burn from end of forearm right over the point and th the lower tri.

lower back, but who's doesnt lol. Now that I have lost weight, not nearly half as bad as it was at its worst. thankfully.

Every once in a while I go down because of my back when I make a stupid move.
Fell 30 feet years back.
Got bad wrists - majory surgeries, bad back lower, bad knees, and a fkd up shoulder. I just try not to make stupid moves. Learned to use dumbells benches and keep barbell benches to a minimum. saves on shoulders and wrists. I cant do everything but find an alternate move to make up for it. And still in bigger and better shape than most people I know.

I've been training since I was 15, I will be 36 next Saturday. Since then, I have had two back surgeries, double hernia surgery, shoulder surgery and numerous soft tussue injuries beyond what I can count. Would I do it all over again?........Hell fuckin yeah, I love this sport. I love being in the gym. I love feeling strong and being big. I love the fact that I can manipulate my body to look however I want it to. I love the commradery of the guys at the gym and the guys on the boards. I love the fact that I am able to help people starting out to learn how to do it right. I think the question isn't what hurts or would you do it again. Bodybuilding is a sport that regardless of how careful you are, no matter what you take or inject, and no matter what you do......you're gonna have aches and pains and the occasional injury that sidelines you for a period of time. The question is........Is it worth it? The answer for me is YES!

Last edited:
Let's see, my back is jacked from working construction when I was younger, both my shoulders have been scoped for rotator cuff tears and my left knee kills me when I do legs for a day or two after. Then of course tendinitis in the elbows from time to time. That's just off the top of my head. I'm 47 and I feel it.

I'd have to say tendonitis in both arms are my worst. I stretch as much as I can but it's my own fault. I don't have "light" days at the gym lol. Maybe someday that will change. It's worked so far. I understand the whole lean beach body thing is the new fad and probably less stressful on the joints, but for me I wouldn't change a thing...

Tendonitis in both arms as well but we man up and keep moving forward.

Has no one tried or heard of Far infrared LED therapy?? Its been around a while and developed originally for NASA. You can buy one for your home use or try and find a local chiro or physical therapist thats using the technology. If you read up on the technology some "bells" might go of in your head as to how it could help not only your injuries but gain muscle faster!!!
Ive got an infrared portable sauna and it works far better then a traditional steam sauna. And 30 minutes sitting in it gives the same cardiovascular results of running 2 miles!!
If anyone knows about it or has received this kinda treatment let me know what you thought!!

i dislocated my shoulder about 6 months ago and have had problems with it ever since. its gotten a lot better though through rehab.

Chalk it up to the game.....20+ yrs of trng makes injuries inevitable (improper technique, overtraining, wear and tear, aging). Fortunately as we get older we get smarter... wiser which can make-up or compensate for injuries and allow you to still make gains. Forgot to answer the question, lower back

Trying some tb500 for back-seems to be bothering me at moment-nothing makes you feel like old man than back pain :(

For me it's definitely shoulders if I'm not careful. Neck seems pretty hard to avoid too. Nothing too painful though

As of late, it's definitely elbows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have elbow pain. Skull crusher related type pain. It gradually grew every day for months, until finally one day it hit a peak and was extremely painful. A little lump on my elbow had also developed by then. It was painful just to touch it. But, as i always did I worked out through the pain anyway. The next day the pain was gone. All of it. And it has remained that way. Idk why

Started lifting at age 10. Been at it for 21 years. Knees are rough, I get the most pain when I increase my bike riding. Elbows are tender and need sleeves and lots of warming up. Left shoulder is jacked and has cut chest exercise weights in half. Lower left back has issues and has required PT. Ankles bother me when I am on my feet for anything more than a couple of hours. So knees, back, elbows and shoulders are all on the decline.

On the plus side my wrists are still good to go so I can train the shit out of my forearms lol.

I will say this the heavy weight I did when I was in my late teens early twenties seems to have built a base that has allowed me to look better with less weight now. It is what it is I suppose. If this is as bad as it will get I can handle it but what worries me is it's progression. With each passing year it takes more warming up, more pain/heat creams, more braces wraps and belts. Some days I feel like the bionic man with everything I have on to lift.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws