over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Most Important Facet - DIET! *Please Help*

I went back and checked, I was going off 80/20. I usually measure precooked and eyeball the servings but I cook often. I don't like stuff sitting in the fridge for days

Just like heavyhitter said, never eyeball it. Always measure cooked. A food scale is only $20ish. Meat is good in the fridge for at least 5 days, even longer in the freezer. You may have a mental issue with it, but that doesn't mean it is a real issue. Personally, I cook 3 days worth of food at a time, but I always cook rice fresh.

Also, 8oz of cooked 80/20 is still 61g protein. if you take that measurement raw, it will cook down to about 6oz. These things make a difference. You even stated that diet is the most important thing, and you are right. But these are the basics. Sorry I sound a little harsh here, but I am just trying to help.

Just like heavyhitter said, never eyeball it. Always measure cooked. A food scale is only $20ish. Meat is good in the fridge for at least 5 days, even longer in the freezer. You may have a mental issue with it, but that doesn't mean it is a real issue. Personally, I cook 3 days worth of food at a time, but I always cook rice fresh.

Also, 8oz of cooked 80/20 is still 61g protein. if you take that measurement raw, it will cook down to about 6oz. These things make a difference. You even stated that diet is the most important thing, and you are right. But these are the basics. Sorry I sound a little harsh here, but I am just trying to help.
Cooked vs raw is pretty irrelevant as long as consistent in always measuring either raw or cooked. I’d even say raw is more accurate. If you overcook your food you get overly shrunken weights.

Don’t eyeball it. You’ll always under guess. Cook 8 raw ounces of your beef by itself some time. Then weigh it after it’s cooked. Then you know how much you’ll need per meal
That's a fair point but if you weigh two lbs and cook it, and then eyeball that into four containers, all four meals can't be short. The weight on the package is uncooked so this is why I would think weighing precooked is the way to go. Might be a little more or a little less for each meal but you know you're getting two lbs in two days, right?

No offense taken. Accepting criticism is the only way to grow your knowledge and understanding. I wanna reach my goals more than I want to be right! Very much appreciate your input, brother 👍🏻

If you work at a job where time is limited, and you are trying to get in more food.....add in protein drinks. Depending on your goals, mix them with water, milk, almond milk, etc. You can add fruit in them, powdered oats, olive oil, etc, etc.

You are not near advanced enough to worry about the whole food vs shakes debate. If it's a matter of nothing or a shake, it's a shake hands down. I have gotten shredded (and gained size) with them in, and many others as well. Unless you are getting on a stage where that last final look matters, or if you are over-relying on them and losing out on various micronutrients in whole foods, or if you are starving and cheating due to food volume in a cutting phase, then it's a moot point. They are not mandatory...but nothing wrong having them included if it's a matter of needing more food/protein and not having time at work.

You can also use liquid egg whites as well in a shake if needed. Whey/egg whites etc can help.

Add in greek yogurt (and cottage cheese). You can add protein powder to greek yogurt, as well as peanut protein and powdered oats, etc.

Take a big ass cooler with you everywhere.

Just eat as much protein as you can afford and tolerate every 4-5 hours or so and add in some sugars around the workout and as your metabolism allows without either (a) causing fat gain, or (b) taking up your appetite so that you aren't able to eat enough protein (300 grams a day at a minimum).

That's a fair point but if you weigh two lbs and cook it, and then eyeball that into four containers, all four meals can't be short. The weight on the package is uncooked so this is why I would think weighing precooked is the way to go. Might be a little more or a little less for each meal but you know you're getting two lbs in two days, right?
Brother measure your proteins uncooked

I have never weighed food.

I can get fat easily :(
You ain't exactly fat. Maybe that is in your head. You also have way too much saturated fats in your diet and no healthy fats. Protein is too low for macros. You want 30 pounds of muscle in 3 years and think you are not going to put on fat to achieve that? Either stay lean or eat to put on size. You got 2 choices, take a lot more steroids including GH and insulin and eat 1000 calories more to grow like that or train harder and heavier more then you ever did, bump up gear some and eat around 5000 calories. Of course you will put on some fat with muscle.

You ain't exactly fat. Maybe that is in your head. You also have way too much saturated fats in your diet and no healthy fats. Protein is too low for macros. You want 30 pounds of muscle in 3 years and think you are not going to put on fat to achieve that? Either stay lean or eat to put on size. You got 2 choices, take a lot more steroids including GH and insulin and eat 1000 calories more to grow like that or train harder and heavier more then you ever did, bump up gear some and eat around 5000 calories. Of course you will put on some fat with muscle.
All good points Pesty, thanks for your honesty. I'd rather go the leaner route and fall short of a number on the scale, personally. In the past, well before I ever touched gear, I'd eat myself into a body that I don't like chasing a number on a scale...

On the fat topic, I've heard both camps claim superiority. On the one hand, unsaturated fats are more easily oxidized which can lead to serious inflammation. On the other hand, saturated fats leave cell walls rigid and unmaleable and are allegedly a danger to cardiovascular health - moreso than unsaturated fats are. I don't know which one is right to be honest...

All good points Pesty, thanks for your honesty. I'd rather go the leaner route and fall short of a number on the scale, personally. In the past, well before I ever touched gear, I'd eat myself into a body that I don't like chasing a number on a scale...

On the fat topic, I've heard both camps claim superiority. On the one hand, unsaturated fats are more easily oxidized which can lead to serious inflammation. On the other hand, saturated fats leave cell walls rigid and unmaleable and are allegedly a danger to cardiovascular health - moreso than unsaturated fats are. I don't know which one is right to be honest...

Mix your saturated fats with unsaturated. The saturated fats help keep the unsaturated from oxidation. I do athletic keto wich is carbs only pre,/intra exercise. I put on less fat when gaining this way. It's not the best way. But much better than lower calories. If you want to be leaner while gaining get on GH it's not a free for all but you can eat more without gaining fat or minimal fat.

I dont.....never have!
Well you're a beast bro. What are us peasants supposed to do lol

You just hop on the scale every morning and eat a little more or a little less depending or what?

Appreciate all the input fellas. It's been a hell of a year with a great promotion at work and going steady with a solid chick. I've managed to get up to 195 training as much as possible (3 or 4 times a week) and sticking with 200-500mg per week.

Things have settled down at work and really looking to push toward my goal by keeping carbs as high as possible and fats low.

I don't feel like more gear is necessary at this point. I'm planning on running 500 test for most of the year if not all. Will keep a little asin and fina in the mix as well as telmisartan 40mg per day.

Training is the fun part! I'm hoping to be able to train 5 days a week now. I've made a few additions to the home gym to fill the gaps if I can't make it to the place I pay to punish myself.

I've been fairly quite on the board just reading and learning and feeling well equipped to make some great gains this year 💪

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131