over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Most impressive feat of strength you have seen

xpoc

Registered
I have seen a lot of very impressive feats of strength, some in person, but most on the internet. This on in particular is my #1. Lifting for singles, doubles or even sets of 10 can be impressive. But to take a very heavy weight and bang out 42 reps in a raw full squat absolutely stands out above all others IMO:

That is mine, feel free to post other impressive vid links for some motivation.

In person:

- Friend of mine does behind the neck standing push presses with 4 plates for reps, 7 1/2 plate raw squat, 500 lb zerchers, crazy stability under load

- Have seen Dan Green do stiff deads with 700 lbs, pretty nuts. Guy's built like a comic book character too

- Seen a few guys do 5 plates on incline at my gym

Also, this came into my Youtube recs a few days ago:

I'm pretty sure 95% of guys who consider themselves strong would feel deflated watching videos of 18-19 year old Larry Wheels

In person:

- Friend of mine does behind the neck standing push presses with 4 plates for reps, 7 1/2 plate raw squat, 500 lb zerchers, crazy stability under load

Wtf?! 405 behind the neck? I need shoulder replacement just thinking about that. And I thought this one college footballer doing 315 behind the neck for good, clean reps was impressive. We had 140lb dumbbells at that gym, as well, and he easily threw them up for shoulder presses.

Most impressive I've ever seen in person, because he was new to lifting, was this fuckin Freshman in high school that had traps up to his ears and put up 405 for reps on flat bench his first time seriously lifting. And made it look relatively easy, had more in him. He barely even knew how to bench, but of course they were putting on one plate per side to see what he could do. Then two... Then three... Then four. He was barely trying. Kid's name was Torian, even sounds like a big fucker lol. Well over 6 foot, back was wide as a barn door. Super nice kid (thank fuck).

Got immediately recruited for football and absolutely sucked shit at it... Lol

For reference, I have damn good chest genetics and busted my ass for years to hit 4 plates for reps... And promptly tore my left pec on the third rep (y)

I have seen a lot of very impressive feats of strength, some in person, but most on the internet. This on in particular is my #1. Lifting for singles, doubles or even sets of 10 can be impressive. But to take a very heavy weight and bang out 42 reps in a raw full squat absolutely stands out above all others IMO:

That is mine, feel free to post other impressive vid links for some motivation.

That's next level lifting right there! Many minds would have quit long before that!!

Tbh it wouldn't be anything in a weight room. I love powerlifting but if you think it's a real test of strength, come try atlas stones.

But s/o to everyone who said Dan Green bc boss of fucking bosses.

Tbh it wouldn't be anything in a weight room. I love powerlifting but if you think it's a real test of strength, come try atlas stones.

But s/o to everyone who said Dan Green bc boss of fucking bosses.

Yeah you're right, it's nothing. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's one thing to have your opinion on the Atlas stones, which I don't doubt is grueling, but to say that squatting 405lbs for 42 reps isn't anything is BS.

Standing behind the neck push/press 405 for reps would be amazing to watch. That sounds nearly impossible. Goodness!!!!

^^^^this

strongman is an entirely different animal

Wtf?! 405 behind the neck? I need shoulder replacement just thinking about that. And I thought this one college footballer doing 315 behind the neck for good, clean reps was impressive. We had 140lb dumbbells at that gym, as well, and he easily threw them up for shoulder presses.

Most impressive I've ever seen in person, because he was new to lifting, was this fuckin Freshman in high school that had traps up to his ears and put up 405 for reps on flat bench his first time seriously lifting. And made it look relatively easy, had more in him. He barely even knew how to bench, but of course they were putting on one plate per side to see what he could do. Then two... Then three... Then four. He was barely trying. Kid's name was Torian, even sounds like a big fucker lol. Well over 6 foot, back was wide as a barn door. Super nice kid (thank fuck).

Got immediately recruited for football and absolutely sucked shit at it... Lol

For reference, I have damn good chest genetics and busted my ass for years to hit 4 plates for reps... And promptly tore my left pec on the third rep (y)

Standing behind the neck push/press 405 for reps would be amazing to watch. That sounds nearly impossible. Goodness!!!!

Yep, he's a former collegiate athlete. Ridiculously strong, and ridiculous recovery abilities, squats and deads multiple times a week, double sessions most days.

I wouldn't have believed any of this, until I saw it with my own eyes. The lord breaks the mold with some guys. Hands the size of catcher's mitts

Yeah you're right, it's nothing. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's one thing to have your opinion on the Atlas stones, which I don't doubt is grueling, but to say that squatting 405lbs for 42 reps isn't anything is BS.

I made a statement about WHAT I'VE SEEN, lifting a barbell isn't one of the craziest feats of strength I've ever seen. I then made another statement clarifying saying lifting something oblong or organic is some of the craziest things I've seen. All I see is your emojis and anger?

A big 350-400 fatboy powerlifter used to do deadlifts with around 750-800. But what was more impressive was the little 180-190lb lean guy, maybe 5'9", who was deadlifting 600+ as his training partner.

Also saw a 19 year old soccer player kick a 50 yard field goal. Was particularly impressive because she was a girl and had never tried it before.

^^^^this

strongman is an entirely different animal

Ive seen 'the cage' and the Arnold strongman a few times. I think these are the most enjoyable shows in powerlifting or strongman. Ive been dying to see sumo wrestling in person.

My first deployment

20 yo kid , 2 weeks in training , 405 bench for 18 at 200 something lbs

Tendons of steel

Spotting my buddy Jason, 315 x 23 on bench, 225 x 49 on bench.
Many steel-benders at the AOBS strongman dinner bending iron bars you couldnt imagine. I dont think a prison could hold 'em. (Sonny Barry, Greg Matonick, etc).
Pat Pavilaitis (Human Vise) doing his Strongman act. Slim "Hammerman" Farman doing his feats.

Frank Ciavattone deadlift 561 lbs w/ one-hand.

I Use the bodyguard with "kosta" "Konstantīns Konstantinovs". I believe He had the top two three deadlift in the world at some point. Every time I train with him I was like what the f***!?
SAdly he went back to Russia to visit. And was shot and killed.

For me it has to be Eddie Hall´s 500kg deadlift, that being said if you watch the series "The Strongest Man In History" with Brian Shaw, Eddie Hall, Robert Oberst and Nick Best, some of the lifts Shaw makes are astounding, as is Nick Best´s ability to hang in there at 51 years old.

That first video is something I remember, just crazy.

I Use the bodyguard with "kosta" "Konstantīns Konstantinovs". I believe He had the top two three deadlift in the world at some point. Every time I train with him I was like what the f***!?
SAdly he went back to Russia to visit. And was shot and killed.

So that's what happened for sure, he was shot? Initially there were some posts saying he was stabbed to death, then claims that this was invented because he really died of heart failure. But it was very strange how there was absolute silence at least in English speaking channels. Do you know more about the circumstances around his death?
But yeah, he was an inspiring figure who the powerlifting community absolutely loved.

I made a statement about WHAT I'VE SEEN, lifting a barbell isn't one of the craziest feats of strength I've ever seen. I then made another statement clarifying saying lifting something oblong or organic is some of the craziest things I've seen. All I see is your emojis and anger?

Hahaha...anger? No. The emoji's were just rolling eyes. Nothing to do with anger just disbelief at your dismissive your statement was.

In regards to the guy squatting 405 for 42 you said, "Tbh it wouldn't be anything in a weight room." I think that was pretty impressive. I've been around gyms for 35 years. You being a Strenght & Conditioning coach have probably been in more than me but I don't think squatting 405 for 42 reps is a regular occurrence.

You being a Strenght & Conditioning coach have probably been in more than me but I don't think squatting 405 for 42 reps is a regular occurrence.

Bruh I wish, I coach beta males kids to not be beta males.

• Haha
Reactions: Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner