over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

most impressive squats for high reps

brutus

Registered
like the title says, what is the most impressive set of squats you've ever seen or done yourself for high reps. and yes of course we all know tom platz 500lbs for 23 reps = awsome! post stories, videos, ect. :)

Cut Tom Platz's weight and reps both in half and that's where I hang out at lol.

I think 440 for 10 was my most a couple years back, but I started aching and feeling drained in those high weight sets.

Now I do much lower weights for higher reps, but don't have the stamina for squats.

I used to lift at Metroflex in Arlington, in the days that Ronnie Coleman was at his prime.

Ronnie would come in on leg days, and do back squats about 595 x 12 reps or so, 685 quite a few reps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFGdpQD_O0]Squat 462x20, Raw, Deep, No Belt, No Wraps - YouTube[/ame]

That video always amazes me

Back to back sets of 30 reps each at 405Lbs with little rest in between....Derrick Farnsworth. Was incredibly motivating to watch as I did my set of leg press next to him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvgabJF8aXU]Sarge's insane squat. 218x98 reps - YouTube[/ame]

(218 was his body weight.)

There are some pretty damn impressive squats that have been performed for the rxmuscle Bro's vs. Pro's competition.

-S

Last edited:
Buddy of mine Brian Siders had a competition against Scott Cartwright at the Olympia with 800lbs for reps, If I remember right he got 12 reps, and I think Scott got 8. Scott had a suit on with wraps and Brian just had a belt and wraps. Had to be parallel or below.

Sets of 100 with only 135lbs have been known to kick my ass.... right around 30 reps you seem to forget that there is only one plate on each side.

When I was 22 about 30 years ago I read somewhere that Platz squatted 635 for 12 reps I thought if he can do it so can I.
I got to a point where I was squatting 640 for 12 on a regular basis but my knees were wrapped and tight. Im stil proud of my 847 for a single with a suit and wraps I believe my best for reps with no belt no wraps was 525 for 15. I would squat for hours every Sat morning I did that for years between 17 and 25 years of age.

After that guy did raw and deep 460x20...he did all those singles up to 600?
Nuts! I love seeing that kind of stuff, inspirational!

Ive done 425x21 (about 9mo ago) on the Smith machine. Im not going to contend that's like a barbell squat-but at my age its better for longevity. Im 54yo and 180-185lb. I did my 25yr on the barbell until I switched to the Smith...My training partner former NFL Joe M (270lb 34yo) had just done 405x21 on the barbell.
I did 600x8 last week. Im old and small so that's some of my best lol!
I have a vid tape of it but the interface here wont load an MP4.

Well, I know this isnt much weight, but we do a set up 50-70 reps with 135lbs, and it kicks my ass.

My best high rep squat day was 275x20. From there it goes 315x12, then 355x5, 405x1.

5'11", 215lbs, 13.5%.

I think Tom Platz doing 225lbs for 10 minutes straight is pretty insane! LOL!! :headbang:

I did 44 "about" parallel box squats at 225 last week. 18 inch box. I'm about 220 at 6 feet right now and will turn 50 in exactly 2 months.

Not so great for this website, but I was pretty happy with myself. I might have gotten a few more but the velcro of my belt came undone and my belt slipped down on my thighs.

I then did leg presses to failure. Then extensions to failure. Then I was tired.

I did 405 for 8 a few weeks ago. My "old" back keeps me from really going to failure - I know I'm an injury waiting to happen.

Last edited:
some good lifts here. my knee has been bothering me more lately so i switched over to high reps again. instead of going up to 500 on squats i've focused more on getting high reps with 405. best so far is 405x24 followed by 405x10. not the best, but the most i've ever done. i know im a lot hungrier after a high rep workout so hopefully something is growing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4UD_0iBDfA]Frank Nezdoba Squat 405 x31 reps - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00v9tUQc58A]DerikFarnsworthTV - BROS V PROS Squats 315lbs x 43reps - YouTube[/ame]

-S

My best of late (2 months ago) was 325lb @ 22 reps w/Belt but no wraps. Switched up my training since but wanna go back to that type soon. 49 years old

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131