Most secure email out right now

I have Proton. I picked my username and then I just waited for a spot to open
Took a couple months
I believe it's still in the beta testing format

I'm waiting... How do you like it?

Pros/cons?

I really don't use it much.
Just for getting lists and ordering stuff
That said, I don't know much about the tech to give an opinion other than to say I don't have any issues

The most secure way to email secretly is to set up your own server. Like Hilary Clinton... You have control of all the data... there are a lot of how-to's on the net... though it is a lot of work.

Proton is one of the best. Took me a few weeks to get my username. Some of these "secure" emails are no more secure than gmail. The only difference is Google has billions to fight in court to protect their customers privacy and others do not. Google has gone head to head with the govt. what is great about Proton is it used end to end encryption. It's not decrypted on their servers so even if they were forced to show what they have they have nothing to show. Now if you email provider who doesn't use end to end encryption then anything you send is not encrypted on the other end, just on your device. But let's be real here. If big brother really wants to see what you are up to they will unless you take many steps to anonymize yourself. And how much time and effort do you really think they are going to put in the guy with a handful of vials in his dresser drawer?

Proton is one of the best. Took me a few weeks to get my username. Some of these "secure" emails are no more secure than gmail. The only difference is Google has billions to fight in court to protect their customers privacy and others do not. Google has gone head to head with the govt. what is great about Proton is it used end to end encryption. It's not decrypted on their servers so even if they were forced to show what they have they have nothing to show. Now if you email provider who doesn't use end to end encryption then anything you send is not encrypted on the other end, just on your device. But let's be real here. If big brother really wants to see what you are up to they will unless you take many steps to anonymize yourself. And how much time and effort do you really think they are going to put in the guy with a handful of vials in his dresser drawer?

Any specifics on setting proton mail up?? My buddy keeps asking me how its secure if u dont secure it? Does it secure automatically? And also u got password type emails u can send as well right?

Id be interested in a step by step of how to set it up along with best security practices....

Sent from my i pi using Tapatrash....

I'm a big fan of Proton mail. Did some reading...it came out on top. A mobile app is in dev.

Any specifics on setting proton mail up?? My buddy keeps asking me how its secure if u dont secure it? Does it secure automatically? And also u got password type emails u can send as well right?

Id be interested in a step by step of how to set it up along with best security practices....

Here is a little explanation from one if the developers. http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/58541/how-are-protonmail-keys-distributed

You first sign in normally as you would to any email. Then you have to put another password in to decrypt your account and that key is only accessible to you. Not to mention there is zero personal info that is required to have this account. If you lose or forget decryption key password it cannot be retrieved and your account is essentially dead. Check it out. There is plenty of info about plus there servers are based in Switzerland.

Here is a little explanation from one if the developers. http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/58541/how-are-protonmail-keys-distributed

You first sign in normally as you would to any email. Then you have to put another password in to decrypt your account and that key is only accessible to you. Not to mention there is zero personal info that is required to have this account. If you lose or forget decryption key password it cannot be retrieved and your account is essentially dead. Check it out. There is plenty of info about plus there servers are based in Switzerland.

Awesome thanks man! Ill read it thru!

Like I said before nothing is full proof and this isn't either. It certainly is more secure than some other options. Especially for our communications. I doubt time and resources would be used to break our accounts unless we posed a serious threat or risk to the safety and security of our countries.

Like I said before nothing is full proof and this isn't either. It certainly is more secure than some other options. Especially for our communications. I doubt time and resources would be used to break our accounts unless we posed a serious threat or risk to the safety and security of our countries.

Yes for as much resources as it would take I bet you're right on this.

I'm a big fan of Proton mail. Did some reading...it came out on top. A mobile app is in dev.

I'm a big fan of proton mail as well. I used it for a few months and then I switched to another service. It is a good practice to switch often. But I really did like proton mail a lot.

I just signed up on the wait list for proton mail. Hopefully I get the invite soon. Will let you all know how long it took for me

Nice, I will be checking this out.

Was on waiting list for about 6 weeks finally got my proton mail set up

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510