over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

motivation

natosha_112

Registered
ok so tough times im my life just this week. my grandpa passed this week who i was very close to and i just cant seem to be motivated to do anything. all i want to do is sit on the couch watch tv and binge eat. SOMEONE PUT A FIRE UNDER MY ASS AND MOTIVATE ME!! i hate feeling like shit!:banghead:

ok so tough times im my life just this week. my grandpa passed this week who i was very close to and i just cant seem to be motivated to do anything. all i want to do is sit on the couch watch tv and binge eat. SOMEONE PUT A FIRE UNDER MY ASS AND MOTIVATE ME!! i hate feeling like shit!:banghead:

Sorry to hear that... I was going through some depression myself, my best advice is to just get to the gym immediately... Even if you do a light workout, sweating a little and getting some water and good food in you will be a start... Take it one day at a time... But just decide to do it and stick to your plan, remember that summer will be here before you know it...

My grandfather and I were very close, hell I'm named after him. He was like my best friend growing up and I wanted to spend all my time with him. He told some of the funniest stories that to this day have not been topped.

The one thing he used to tell me very often right before he died was that he didn't want anyone crying at his funeral and hated the thought of people grieving after he was gone and not living their lives to the fullest. He made me promise to continue on like he would have wanted and never forget the things he taught me. He was "Going to his reward" as he used to say, and he wanted people to be happy for him. When he passed I felt like someone ripped my heart out but I knew what he wanted and I kept my promise.

If you were as close to your grandfather as you said, then you should know what he would want. So, what would he want you to be doing right now, sitting there crying and feeling torn apart, or living your life. Make him proud of you.

My grandfather and I were very close, hell I'm named after him. He was like my best friend growing up and I wanted to spend all my time with him. He told some of the funniest stories that to this day have not been topped.

The one thing he used to tell me very often right before he died was that he didn't want anyone crying at his funeral and hated the thought of people grieving after he was gone and not living their lives to the fullest. He made me promise to continue on like he would have wanted and never forget the things he taught me. He was "Going to his reward" as he used to say, and he wanted people to be happy for him. When he passed I felt like someone ripped my heart out but I knew what he wanted and I kept my promise.

If you were as close to your grandfather as you said, then you should know what he would want. So, what would he want you to be doing right now, sitting there crying and feeling torn apart, or living your life. Make him proud of you.

yeah thats so true, hey thank you very much!!!!

No problem Brother.

Now step away from the computer and go find some iron to beat up:cool:;)

It's funny when you mention that, I only knew my grandfather for 3 short years, but I remember laying in his death bed feeling grateful for the time he spent showing be that he cared. He was a merchant marine from Spain during WWII before he immigrated to the US. He reminded me of the guys from that movie "Second Hand Lions". I still chuckle when I think of all the exotic places he traveled and how he really lived. He died from cancer which is no way to go out for anyone.

Motivation can only come from yourself, don't hide from grieving, a loss of someone close is a loss of what you in yourself through them. It will take time, but depression is never something to be taken lightly, and honestly it's more unmanly to be able to get things off your chest than those who choose to try and forget about them. We begin expiring from our first breath, it will be your time to go in the future as well, why not make the most out of what you have left and become the man you want to be. No one can give this to you but yourself. MY condolences , good luck and hang in there.

It's funny when you mention that, I only knew my grandfather for 3 short years, but I remember laying in his death bed feeling grateful for the time he spent showing be that he cared. He was a merchant marine from Spain during WWII before he immigrated to the US. He reminded me of the guys from that movie "Second Hand Lions". I still chuckle when I think of all the exotic places he traveled and how he really lived. He died from cancer which is no way to go out for anyone.

lol yeah my papa had great war stories hahahaha. he also dies of cancer too. no good way out but i know he is now cancer free.

See, made you laugh, you're already on the road to recovery:headbang:

LOL yeah u did make me laugh. thank you tho you have been awesome. i got my ass back in the gym. and it felt good to work off some steam;) so thank you again!!

LOL yeah u did make me laugh. thank you tho you have been awesome. i got my ass back in the gym. and it felt good to work off some steam;) so thank you again!!

No problem GIRL;) that's what we're here for.

No problem GIRL;) that's what we're here for.

ahhh off to Oregon for the funeral. and now it comes to closure. and some time off from work. ugggg LOL oh well itll be fun lots of family that i have not seen in forever.

Always a silver lining right?

Sorry to hear that... I was going through some depression myself, my best advice is to just get to the gym immediately... Even if you do a light workout, sweating a little and getting some water and good food in you will be a start... Take it one day at a time... But just decide to do it and stick to your plan, remember that summer will be here before you know it...

the hard part was to get my ass back in the gym. i just had no motivation to go at all. but i still made myself go but i just dont feel like i had a good work out. like i worked my ass off to the point of failure. and ill walk out of the gym, muscles tired, but still dont feel like i put much into it. i really dont know why my body feels like this. i feel like right now im working my ass of and not showing anything for it. i just gotta say its only been a week itll get better. i just gotta push thru this. but damn this is tough. my grandpa was a huge part of my life. today is the funeral maybe thatll give me some closure on everything i dont know.

It's only a week so yes, it will get better.

How are enjoying the time with the rest of your family?

My Grandmother raised me and I lived with her up until I had a family of my own and I built my house right next door to her! We lived there until my wife and I seperated and then she moved and when we got back toghether she made the decision that she wanted us to live in a not so rural area which was away from my Grandmother. When she fell ill I moved in with her and only came to my house to visit on certain days. I was very theraputic for me when she was sick to hit the gym and after a set just sit on the end of a bench and destress! She was always so proud of her strong and handsome Grandson!

When she passed I felt like i could not find any purpose to motivate me to do anything. I did the exact same thing u did. I think I was in shock and just numb. It was two weeks after she passed we were packing up and donating some of her medical equipment when I just snapped and felt like I needed to get away from it all! After the charity from the church came and picked up the donations I had just went home and slept but with that feeling of needing to get away still on my mind.

The next day I woke up and showered and just sat watching tv and nodding and yes dearing my wife like usual. Around 8 or 9 in the afternoon I just got up and said im going to the gym. I went in jeans boots and a tshirt! I sat on the bench for what felt like hrs on a sunday and just stared at myself in the mirror! I looked at my reflection and saw a product that reflected what my Grandmother had instilled in me!

I put some plates on the bench and set up a deadlift and I lifted and tried to clear my head. As I eased up in weight and got to heavier sets i felt more focused. When I got to my single rep lifts I was fully focused on just breathing and putting all my confusion and frustration into that single lift.

I didnt attact the weights I lifted very controlled and methodicaly. I went to the gym for asylum and used the weights in a theraputic manner to help me focus and get control over my body and my emotions. When I left the gym that night I took that focus with me and it helped me gain control over my situation in life outside the gym! The mind muscle connection is very powerful and I used this to help me reconnect to my life and adjust to its changes!

Hope this helps some and I will keep you and ur family in my prayers!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity