over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mountaindog Training

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone here used any of the different Training routine that John Meadows has on his site??

I'm looking to start a productive "off season" and looking for a new training regiment. I want to really focus on adding some back width.

I've done DC Training in the past but as I've gotten older the heavier weight really fucks with my elbow tendonitis

Anyone have any suggestions on what training style they liked best for growning their upper body??

I can training as much as 6 days a week though I think 4-5 would speed recovery. I plan on running lower dose AAS with 4iu hgh day , probably with a little insulin here and there.

Anyone here used any of the different Training routine that John Meadows has on his site??

I'm looking to start a productive "off season" and looking for a new training regiment. I want to really focus on adding some back width.

I've done DC Training in the past but as I've gotten older the heavier weight really fucks with my elbow tendonitis

Anyone have any suggestions on what training style they liked best for growning their upper body??

I can training as much as 6 days a week though I think 4-5 would speed recovery. I plan on running lower dose AAS with 4iu hgh day , probably with a little insulin here and there.

Ive used several and love them. Creeping death was my favorite. Annihilation wave was good. Gauntlet. Theyre all good really

Creeping death 2 just came out, I loved the first one and this one is supposed to be more customizable so if u wanna emphasize back it’s an option...

I agree with the above posters. John puts a lot of thought and effort into the designs of all of his programs. He really knows how to control volume and intensity in an intelligent manner so you can push hard without felling too beat up or overtrained and you also know when to back off a little. All of this stuff is programmed into his routines.

I'm a member of his site but haven't used any of his named programs.

However, I had my most productive offseason ever this last year using a high frequency split based on Meadows' methods.

1 - upper chest / front delts / triceps
2 - back thickness / traps / biceps
3 - quads
4 - mid chest / medial delts / triceps
5 - back width / rear delts / traps / biceps
6 - hamstrings

I used to hit everything once a week so I took my current volume and split it in half for this. I've stuck with this since last September and it's worked great through growing and cutting. Upper body made big progress, and splitting my back into width and thickness definitely helped it make gains.

I actually switch back and forth between JM's workouts as well as Scott Stevenson's Fortitude Training. Currently running Fortitude right now (im in a cruise) but I really do love John's routine. I've gained the most muscle mass using his techniques.

I have the original Creeping Death, The Gauntlet, Gamma Bomb, Sentinel, The Taskmaster and 28 Days Later. A lot i know haha. I used The Sentinel with great success. Basically 4-5 weeks of high frequency back, then 4-5 weeks high frequency chest/shoulder, 4-5 weeks high frequency legs. Its great.

The one thing I tell people who use JM's routine is that you dont have to do his exaaact exercise selection. Not everyone's body feels comfortable squatting and not everyone feeeeels JM Rows. The overall setup is amazing but one should pick and choose their favorite exercises and the ones they really feeeel when using programs like that. Just my 2 cents.

John is my coach since last year , and man , i have a lot of his trainning , now im off season using creeping death , its crazy good...

John is my coach since last year , and man , i have a lot of his trainning , now im off season using creeping death , its crazy good...

I just found creeping death and plan to Run it for my first time soon. Followed his lifts on YouTube but never a full program.

im currently in week 10 of the gauntlet. I really like how it keeps changing so it has been keeping me motivated each week. I used a lot of his sample workouts over the past year or so, but this is the first one i bought. I'm really liking it so far.

Just finished Gamma Bomb and loved it. Brought up my back quite a bit (which is an area I definitely need to improve). Did the Sentinel and it was also great. Creeping death is next up.

I found a few of his programs and giving onslaught a try now. Started week 2 and like it so far. High frequency blocks of different body parts for 4 week rotations. I switch out some exercises since they don’t agree with me

my whole problem is once you do dc or a 2 working set mindset program its very hard to do a volume program. I see 4x10 and think ok is that last set to failure only? pyramid up? but wont the pyramid hurt the failure set ha? Im sure as you get older you will have to switch out of the 1 to 2 working set an exercise beat the logbook mentality tho.

my whole problem is once you do dc or a 2 working set mindset program its very hard to do a volume program. I see 4x10 and think ok is that last set to failure only? pyramid up? but wont the pyramid hurt the failure set ha? Im sure as you get older you will have to switch out of the 1 to 2 working set an exercise beat the logbook mentality tho.

normally only the last set to failure. There will be a RATE OF PERCIEVED EXERCERTION chart for you to follow.
Go get a copy of BRutality Of Moutaindog traininig to have a overview of his training style. ;)

My fav program:-

1) Creeping Death:headbang:
2) The Beyonder
3) Taskmaster

Felt exhausted on GAUNTLET due to the extreme frequency and volume.

Last edited:
my whole problem is once you do dc or a 2 working set mindset program its very hard to do a volume program.

I'm a big fan of John and follow his videos and instagram posts. This is a huge mental problem for me. I'm very strength obsessed, mainly because after almost two decades of training my numbers are downright laughable. While I've seen gains in strength following progressive overload based systems, the hypertrophy is mediocre. I throw plenty of food down the hatch and I'm just not seeing the progress that others claim.

Looking at his sample meal plans, he also doesn't have you take in ludicrous amounts of calories and carbohydrates, which leads me to believe that the training is really zeroed in. Many will claim "eat, sleep, lift" and that the training is the least important, but there are too many variables at play. If you're on gear with good genetics you'll respond to anything, but if you're truly clean I think people forget just how difficult this can be sometimes.

I'd definitely like to try his programs someday.

Last edited:
I think the programs are overall just too over-complicated and rotate exercises too frequently. I've personally just always preferred to use some of the same exercises week in week out; it's way easier to quantify your progress via numbers you're lifting in the gym so that you can make adjustments accordingly. That's one of the reasons DC training is so effective; your exercise selection is relatively limited and since you're doing the same things in the same order it's VERY easy to quantify progress. That being said, I just repeated the 2nd through 4th week of Gamma Bomb continuously with good results. I just think there's such a thing as utilizing too many different exercises and applying periodization too liberally. It's "overplanning". Maybe that amount of periodization is actually helpful for really advanced guys, I'm not so sure. I mean Ronnie and Dorian mostly did the same thing week in week out.

Last edited:
I think the programs are overall just too over-complicated and rotate exercises too frequently. I've personally just always preferred to use some of the same exercises week in week out; it's way easier to quantify your progress via numbers you're lifting in the gym so that you can make adjustments accordingly. That's one of the reasons DC training is so effective; your exercise selection is relatively limited and since you're doing the same things in the same order it's VERY easy to quantify progress. That being said, I just repeated the 2nd through 4th week of Gamma Bomb continuously with good results. I just think there's such a thing as utilizing too many different exercises and applying periodization too liberally. It's "overplanning". Maybe that amount of periodization is actually helpful for really advanced guys, I'm not so sure. I mean Ronnie and Dorian mostly did the same thing week in week out.

I find it too complicated myself. I've always made my best gains keeping things as simple as possible - you are correct that it really does make it easier to quantify progress. I think JM is the man and he knows what he's doing - I also think that if you are going to make a living selling training, saying that it's "simple" and here's an easy to follow short guide and simple routine isn't nearly as "sexy" from a sales perspective. A lot of people (especially the less experienced) seem to want to be wow-ed by things that look complicated that they couldn't have come up with on their own.

I love JM programs but I tend to agree with you.
And honestly, every time I run one of his programs...I just end up switching the majority of the exercises anyways. I am more of a real believer of his approach to frequency and volume. If you are into that PLUS you want to stick to the same movements, I'd suggest trying Scott Stevenson's Fortitude Training. I'm on my 4th week right now. Beating log book numbers.

And im the same as you. I love me some progressive overload, but feel that my body really responds to volume.

I like the whole idea of "beating the log book", but i think during a prep phase you have to auto regulate your expectations especially as you get deeper.

Personally, it'd ruin my workout if i didnt "hit my numbers" and my ego would take over. I've deadlifted 635 for doubles. I feel rack deads w/ 405 contracting my lats first and squeezing 100% more than heavy deads.

Deads are also my favorite lift, so ego checking becomes a factor.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131