lynx

IFBB PRO/ NPC Judge / TRIPLE Featured Member/Verif
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
No big deal but I moved to Arlington, Virginia two months ago for a fellowship at the National Science Foundation. Things have been a little chaotic but are starting to kind of die down a little. I must say I’m very happy that the humidity isn’t as bad as it was when I got here! I think JT would have melted into a pool of sweat if he came out here with me! I have never been so uncomfortable! Or sweaty!

In addition to the climate change I have been going through a culture shock of sorts. Walking down the streets I would say, “Good morning.”, “Hello.”, “How are you?” and…nothing. Gotta say, not very friendly here, made me miss Montana even more. The first couple of weeks here I was thinking, “These people fucking suck!” Lol! (Sorry DC'ers!) Eh, it’s slowly getting better.

I will say that I have found a great gym that is just blocks from where I live. :D One plus of being here.

Moving out here by myself has been an isolating experience. Which isn’t too terribly bad because I actually enjoy my own company, lol! But I do find myself missing JT pretty bad and the friendly faces from back home.

Sorry you gotta be away from your man for so long.

Lived in DC/MD/VA area for 14 years. Loved every minute. Still have a townhouse in VA. We'll be moving back one day as soon as we can...

Hey Lynx..

No big deal but I moved to Arlington, Virginia two months ago for a fellowship at the National Science Foundation. Things have been a little chaotic but are starting to kind of die down a little. I must say I’m very happy that the humidity isn’t as bad as it was when I got here! I think JT would have melted into a pool of sweat if he came out here with me! I have never been so uncomfortable! Or sweaty!

In addition to the climate change I have been going through a culture shock of sorts. Walking down the streets I would say, “Good morning.”, “Hello.”, “How are you?” and…nothing. Gotta say, not very friendly here, made me miss Montana even more. The first couple of weeks here I was thinking, “These people fucking suck!” Lol! (Sorry DC'ers!) Eh, it’s slowly getting better.

I will say that I have found a great gym that is just blocks from where I live. :D One plus of being here.

Moving out here by myself has been an isolating experience. Which isn’t too terribly bad because I actually enjoy my own company, lol! But I do find myself missing JT pretty bad and the friendly faces from back home.

I remember you and JT from years ago, you two are great in my book, not sure why you came out without him but its none of my biz, I havent had a lot of time to spend on the board to catch up on things but anyway you have found the two things that I HATE as well!.....East coast people and high humidity !:banghead:..Not all East coasters are bad I have some great friends here....but I have spent some time in Denver and Palm Springs and Vegas and just in general people are easier to talk to if ya dont know them,anyway I am in New England about halfway between Boston and NYC so I know what ya mean,, Hope you enjoy your stay somewhat and its good to see ya on the board, I havent seen JT around much either. I always enjoyed your posts ( both of ya).Good Luck

Last edited:
Perhaps it's the area of Virginia.

I'm from NYC and yes the people there don't talk or say much when were on the go. In Virginia and North Carolina people love to talk to you. In fact they talk way too much and always want to pry into your personal life when they don't even know you.

I.live in md now and the whole area is full of ignorant assholes i.really.hate the place but ly lil girl is here and cant leave her but if i could down south is so much better imo

Alexandria here..moved from upstate NY, people are TOO friendly. Its weird to have people actually...talk to you on subways, etc. Not really my kinda city, mostly full of pretentious yuppies.

Most of northern Va is hit or miss with rudeness and too focused on themselves to notice others... But Arlington is the worst.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws