over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Moving to New Orleans

OH , well that'll keep you busy for the next century !!

you gonna be on the MRGO project? I was looking at that the otherday , I can see it from my plant standing on out levee , looking like that are moving along well.

If thats the case then me personaly I'd live on the North Shore , takes me right at 20 min to get to work and the traffic doesen't get hetic nearly as often as it does in the CBD.
Housing may be a little cheaper also , no its not right in the center of the "action" but depending on what your lifestyle is it can suit you well , I go into the city to party and waht not 5-6 times a year , generaly just get a room in the "Quarter" and stay all weekend

Congrats on the Job and I hope your move is a good one, I know that you will make everything work. Call me if you get a chance. J.R.

Just what we need, another Chalmetion:eek:

Filll us in when you now just where you will be.

Just what we need, another Chalmetion:eek:

Filll us in when you now just where you will be.

LOL , no man they all moved to Slidell and Picayune after Katrina , only the diehards stayed or moved back

wonder how long he'll have to look for "The Green Bridge" into Da Parish before he finds it.

its funny everybody still calls it that but its been grey for years now

Whats the neighborhood/living area like other there? This is NO offense to ANYONE here! But from what I have soon on television a lot of the areas are quite dirty and lower class.

just like everywhere else a wide range , in Slidell theirs a nice area called Oak Harbor where they can get into the million dollar range.

Chalmette got blasted looked like a nuke went off during Katrina. Traffic can be a bitch crossing N.O. but like anywhere else you would learn alternate routes. Driving during Mardi Gras is tricky if you dont know the parade routes. My house in Metaire was rented to Engineers post Katrina becuse of its central location and was one neighborhood surrounded by destruction yet avoided water and major damage

I live in new orleans. Check out St. Charles Athletic Club uptown if you are into powerlifting and training heavy. The rest of the gyms tend to have alot of d-bags.

Remember Curetons? sp? by the tracks on Old Metairie Rd by the tracks? That place was like something out of Pumping Iron. Graveyard for weights very old school R.I.P.

Remember Curetons? sp? by the tracks on Old Metairie Rd by the tracks? That place was like something out of Pumping Iron. Graveyard for weights very old school R.I.P.

It looks just the same, just boarded up. Do you remember his earlier club, Aquarius, in Elmwood?

Whats the neighborhood/living area like other there? This is NO offense to ANYONE here! But from what I have soon on television a lot of the areas are quite dirty and lower class.

You really have to figure out where you are going to be. New orleans is actually very small; very historic, but very small. Greater New Orleans can cover a rather wide area.

New Orleans proper has very nice streets, St Charles Ave, circa 1840, one million dollar plus homes, one street over is Baronne, a total slum. Out in New Orleans East it is still kind of rough from the storm.

We can all help you more when you know exactally what area you will be working in.

Im sorry for not posting sooner .. but congrats.. and on the college graduation.. That is surely something to be proud of !

I wish you the best.. I know you will stay dedicated and committed to your training ..

I have been to New Orleans myself and im not a traveler at all.. but.. I went to the GNC Show of Strength In 2002.. and spent a few days out there..

You really have to figure out where you are going to be. New orleans is actually very small; very historic, but very small. Greater New Orleans can cover a rather wide area.

New Orleans proper has very nice streets, St Charles Ave, circa 1840, one million dollar plus homes, one street over is Baronne, a total slum.

6th and Barone
You can be in a $4 mil home Uptown walk 2 blocks and get shot in the face. I knew a Tulane chick who got shot in the face 2 blocks from campus

Im sorry for not posting sooner .. but congrats.. and on the college graduation.. That is surely something to be proud of !

I wish you the best.. I know you will stay dedicated and committed to your training ..

I have been to New Orleans myself and im not a traveler at all.. but.. I went to the GNC Show of Strength In 2002.. and spent a few days out there..

I was there also. It was cool to see Gutner come in and actually beat Ronnie, but I was/am not a Gunter fan; not a very pleasing look at all.

Due to the dismal turnout, there will probably not ever be a IFBB show in NOLA again. I'm not into powerlifting at all, but there were some big ass, strong as shit guys there.

Yeah I used to train there pre-Katrina! definately a dungeon of a gym. Loved it (except the smell)

I live in Metairie..like some of the other posters have said, it depends on what type of lifestyle you lead where you would want to live. I've lived in my share of cities and I've never seen a city where an area goes from very nice to slum in such a short distance....since I am a transplant and didn't really know the intricacies (sp?) of where not to live, I opted for Metairie..just safer IMO. I work downtown and it's only 15 mins drive. I train at French Riviera, the one on Veterans has everything you need, there are several competitors that train there

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131