over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mr.Olympia 2018: link, predictions and discussion

maybe im weird... but i think that Wesley Vissers is the only guy in the class who actually looks classic.

Arnold wasn't "classic"

Frank Zane was "classic"
Serge Nubret
Bob Paris
Francis Benafatto

There was a guy who i believe obtained a pro card in the 80's named Premchand Degra. Was built like a brick shithouse. Very dense and compact. Probably could have done well as a pro in those years if he built his name up and got a little bigger. I think it's hard to say with Indians as there are just not enough of them exposed to bodybuilding. It's hard for me to imagine they have any worse genes for it than alot of other Caucasians (with the Germans and Nords being an exception). I did read something interesting once some years ago about Germans having more bacteria in their gut that allowed them to burn more bodyfat readily than other groups and that was being studied. How true it is i do not know...

I remember him. Premchand is now 63 years old.

https://www.mensxp.com/health/body-...-indian-bodybuilder-ever-is-aweinspiring.html

A bit late but going from memory my overall thoughts on the Olympia...

When I first saw some pics/videos I though Rhoden was clear winner. After watching everything Phil wasn't as bad as I first thought it literally was just the stomach. If he had a good stomach he would have won. Rhoden won from the front and Phil from the back. Side poses well the stomach but Phil has that 3D muscle. I can't stand Phil and always wanted him to lose against Kai etc. In many ways though he beat Rhoden for me. But I 100% understand why Rhoden won and it was a good decision. The gut was really bad and it's about time it was penalized. Incidentally most of the open and 212 competitors have very big waists now. When relaxed even Rhodens lower abs distend quite badly but when he poses that goes away and he looks tight and crisp etc.

Roelly looked great and could have been placed even higher. Ramy was a massive disappointment. He need to be approx 280 on stage. He already has the size game won and he needs condition. Brandon Curry looked great. Bonac was off and looked blocky but never looks bad. Dexter's legs are starting to go but he always looks great. Iain valliere is super impressive. Nathan De Asha is lacking in some areas and 8th was fair.

Breon deserved to win. Chris Bumstead was a bit off and looked better last year. CB always looks great though. Wesley Vissers needs to improve a few areas and his condition was off. That is diet related and he needs to change his approach for next year (he posts his meals on ig). WV does scream classic to me though. The opposite is Regan Grimes. He should have been placed higher. They don't want him in classic. He has to lose too much weight for the division and his physique suffers and he knows it. The guy was 20 pounds heavier 2 days later and looked much better and said himself he looks much better at approx 240. The fact Rhoden won may show him he doesn't need to be 300 pounds to compete in the open. I think he will change to open for next year. Many of the classic guys don't look classic to me.

Flex easily won the 212. Lunsford did not deserve 2nd place. Elgargni looked great especially considering the bad injury to his calf days before. Shaun Charida shows you how bodybuilding is an illusion. In pics alone he literally can look like the freakiest guy ever. Freakier than the open guys and just crazy everything. But the guy is a midget and far too small to ever win the 212 O. Ashkanani is always a threat but I don't like his physique compared to some of the others. The Oxygen guys seems to use a lot of oil as well. Dwayne Quamina should have been placed higher. Nicholas Villioud is one for the future.

Incidentally Kai really does need to compete next year. He still has it. He posted a pic today and looked crazy impressive. I think he could win the O next year especially if Rhoden doesn't come in super conditioned. Phil promises a new package every year even says it in the press conferance but hasn't been off badly 2 years running. Kai could have beaten Phil the way he looked at this O. Kai is blocky but he has that freak factor and it would be great to see him come back and win it (forgetting about the grapefruit incident).

Incidentally Kai really does need to compete next year. He still has it. He posted a pic today and looked crazy impressive. I think he could win the O next year especially if Rhoden doesn't come in super conditioned. Phil promises a new package every year even says it in the press conferance but hasn't been off badly 2 years running. Kai could have beaten Phil the way he looked at this O. Kai is blocky but he has that freak factor and it would be great to see him come back and win it (forgetting about the grapefruit incident).

Do you guys think Kai will actually come back?

He keeps teasing it. And Phil made a post about coming back in 2020. That would be amazing if in 2020 we had Rhoden, Heath, Kai, Flex Lewis (going up to Open) and presumably a continually improved Roelly, Curry, etc.

And if Phil isn't competing next year Kai would likely take out Rhoden.

Do you guys think Kai will actually come back?

He keeps teasing it. And Phil made a post about coming back in 2020. That would be amazing if in 2020 we had Rhoden, Heath, Kai, Flex Lewis (going up to Open) and presumably a continually improved Roelly, Curry, etc.

And if Phil isn't competing next year Kai would likely take out Rhoden.

I think Kai has just been teasing it. But he should really give it some thought which I am sure he is. He stays in great shape all year so he hasn't lost ground and with a full year to prepare he could win imo.

I forgot to mention Physique. It was relatively fair. Jeremy Buendia was way off and was lucky to get 4th. Something fucked up with his loading protocol as he was looking way better before and after the show. He abs were washed out on stage which is rare for him. Nothing to do with his injury as he simply didn't peak properly. I think Phil Heath (same coach) was the same. Ryan Terry does need to get his calves and arms (mainly tri-ceps) bigger but to me he is perfect for physique.

Jeremy Buendia was way off and was lucky to get 4th. Something fucked up with his loading protocol as he was looking way better before and after the show. He abs were washed out on stage which is rare for him. Nothing to do with his injury as he simply didn't peak properly.

In an RX Muscle interview, Brandon Hendrickson said - and prefaced with, "I don't know if I'm supposed to say this" - that Buendia told him he ate 3 cheeseburgers the night before.

I imagine Kai will be back on stage, which stage, I don't know.

In an RX Muscle interview, Brandon Hendrickson said - and prefaced with, "I don't know if I'm supposed to say this" - that Buendia told him he ate 3 cheeseburgers the night before.

Really. He is spot on with diet from what I have seen so it's not like he went mad and binged the night before. I would assume that advice came direct from Hany. Perhaps he was looking flat because he had depleted hard this prep (showed everything on IG daily) and Hany picked the wrong fix.

Kai is blocky but he has that freak factor and it would be great to see him come back and win it (forgetting about the grapefruit incident).

Agreed. You can't keep telling people all day long in the media fruits and vegetables are good for you, consume more, then penalize someone for showing in a very honest and generous way how much love he has for mother nature... :p

All joking aside, and I didn't read most of the last pages in this thread, here's how I see it:

Rhoden has to be one of the smallest winners in all Olympia history since Zane or Chris Dickerson... I understand the IFBB's will to offer a more mainstream approach of BB to the general public, but I'm sorry, isn't it precisely why they created Classic and Men's Physique? The Open should remain about MUSCLE... otherwise it's the official death of bodybuilding, Rhoden as its prime gravedigger.

With Heath's stomach issue (and even without btw), the clear winner was ROELLY... freaky size, superior conditioning, and a much improved waistline since the Arnold in AUS.

Brandon Curry was up there too, and so would have been Bonac with some minor adjustments. Iain Valliere was a major surprise... very promising if he doesn't get burnt in the long run like many before him have.

Arnold wasn't "classic"

Frank Zane was "classic"
Serge Nubret
Bob Paris
Francis Benafatto

Serge Nubret shares everything physically with Arnold’s physique but skin color how is he more classic?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws