over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mr. Universe arrested for assault

Hmm interesting how the diabetes plays into it...i thought the media would try to put a "roid rage" spin on it...

i think its just a big misunderstanding...the police should have assessd the situatution better...and probably should have seen his medic alert bracelet and recognized some charecteristics of low blood sugar, even though they are similar to being intoxicated you can still tell a difference

I think he will get off with just a fine. Nothing more. However he should keep his stupid mouth shut before making a stupid comment such as:

"I could understand if I was belligerent or had track marks, but I was nicely dressed and I don't think I fit the profile or smelled like alcohol," Burns told the San Mateo Daily Journal.

I don't know if he's seen the news lately but drunks come in all shapes and sizes. Dressed up or dressed down! Cops don't take it easy on you cause you have a nice Armani dress shirt and pants on dumbass! And a med-alert bracelet is very easy to over look when your in a scuffle with a big guy!
(just my .02)

Wow. The guy was probably freaking out thinking he was gonna die. Sounds like something that could be a lawsuit for him.

Future said:
Wow. The guy was probably freaking out thinking he was gonna die. Sounds like something that could be a lawsuit for him.

Thats what I was thinking. All this guy wanted was sugar and then before he knows he is being arrested. He was fighting for his life. This is very serious, He could have died.

Future said:

So you say sue over him taking an agressive stance rather than point at his wrist and say i am a diabetic....So the cops do their job and should be sued for it...I don't buy it Future.....America sues too many people over BS stuff I think....we have become o abunch of pansies....sue first ask later.....

I mean it just sounds like a misunderstanding and shld be left at that......

If you've ever been around a diabetic truly going hypo it's not a pretty sight. They spit, bite, hit, kick, scratch, etc. On one hand cops can sometimes be assholes, but hypoglycemia can sometimes seem like an exorcism.

bulldog21 said:
...point at his wrist and say i am a diabetic....

Not easily done... They truly lose all sense of what's going on, who they are, and where they are...

Ethan James said:
Not easily done... They truly lose all sense of what's going on, who they are, and where they are...

I understand all this can happen....My point is that both parties should understand that this happens and its a misunderstanding and leave it at that....No lawsuits is what I am saying.....They were just doing their job

Ethan James said:

Very true! Thats why I said the cops needed to get him under control "first".(from a law point) Then if they really had a clear head while dealing with what they thought was a drunk, they should looked for a necklace or wrist alert later. But safety first. This guy will get off with a fine or less once this gets to court. The good thing is these cops will from now on never forget to look for such bracelets or necklaces. Thats a positive note to end this on!

If he just said what was wrong instead of taking a 'fighting stance' LOL

No wonder they thought he was drunk

My dad is a retired police officer.

bulldog21 said:
I understand all this can happen....My point is that both parties should understand that this happens and its a misunderstanding and leave it at that....No lawsuits is what I am saying.....They were just doing their job

You've always got some dickhead trying to sue you. One of my old high school classmates was beating his wife, dad went over there and "Glen" tried to hit my father with a friggin' sledge hammer! No kidding. Dad sprayed him in the eyes and took him down. They [Glen and his family] tried that unnecessary force crap on him.

A guy shouldn't get sued if he is protecting himself...that's my take on it.

bulldog21 said:

I 100% agree. It was a misunderstanding, bottom line.
He couldn't tell them he had low blood sugar and they had to do what they had to do.

As spoken by the ever wise Jedidiah Clampett "I reckon you done what you done because you didn't know we was who we was. And if we hadn't been who we was, we'd have still been much obliged for you to have done what you done. "

Moen said:
If he just said what was wrong instead of taking a 'fighting stance' LOL

No wonder they thought he was drunk

Bro its not that easy! When there blood sugar drops they turn into a totaly different person and have no clue why they are like that. They think everyone is out to get them and they will fight anyone at anytime. My bestfriend is like this and i had to fight him more then a few times just trying to get him to drink some OJ or take in some sugar. They think you are there to hurt them. Then once you do get sugar into them and them come back to normal they dont ever remember being out of it like that.

This is how it was for my best friend. And let me tell you that when i had to wrestle him down to get him some sugar it wasnt easy at all. He was a big boy but I have even seen small girls kick the shit out of bigger men when they go hypo like that.

NPCS FINEST said:
Bro its not that easy! When there blood sugar drops they turn into a totaly different person and have no clue why they are like that. They think everyone is out to get them and they will fight anyone at anytime. My bestfriend is like this and i had to fight him more then a few times just trying to get him to drink some OJ or take in some sugar. They think you are there to hurt them. Then once you do get sugar into them and them come back to normal they dont ever remember being out of it like that.

This is how it was for my best friend. And let me tell you that when i had to wrestle him down to get him some sugar it wasnt easy at all. He was a big boy but I have even seen small girls kick the shit out of bigger men when they go hypo like that.

I have to agree with this outlook on the situation. I have a young man that works in our company and being young his health is not always his main concern. We had to call the paramedics to pick him up one day when he was having an episode and it took a couple of us in the office to help restrain him, he couldn't understand what these people were doing to him. He couldn't even tell us his name at the time. His mother later thanked everyone for the help and understanding and not just calling the police when he got out of hand. I can understand where the police would feel like they were walking into a confrontation, but I also feel that, in situations where immediate personal harm is not imminent, taking a few minutes to better assess the situation could prevent alot of the misunderstandings.

my friend played Div 1 college football.... he was diabetic... one time he was getting all crazy like that... dowzy, crank,.... we knew the drill, make him drink some gatorade and he'd be fine...

well one day he freaked out and got all pissy and beligerient... so we had to take him down, slap his face and yell "you drink this or we punch your nuts" (yeah, that was my line :D ) he said "fuck off" so i pounded his balls!!! :D :D

so yeah, he drinks the gatorade and after a while says thanks.... he was sorry he was asshole blah blah blah.... he transformed like the hulk, it was weird

i dont blame the cops one big.... esp with a dude his size.

it should be addressed as a misunderstanding and dropped.... he wants to be a dildo and sue.. i hope he loses and wastes his $$ on his lawyer

PS... my friend was the punter, THANK GOD!!!! lmao!! if he was DL, OL, or LB/FB i probably would ran like hell

Last edited:
Larry Bowie said:
well one day he freaked out and got all pissy and beligerient... so we had to take him down, slap his face and yell "you drink this or we punch your nuts" (yeah, that was my line :D ) he said "fuck off" so i pounded his balls!!! :D :D
YEAH, BUT YOU SAY THAT TO ALL YOUR DATES! YOU SICK BASTARD!

JETHRO TULL said:
YEAH, BUT YOU SAY THAT TO ALL YOUR DATES! YOU SICK BASTARD!

i use the term "wuss" when i talk to my ladies, thank you very much :p

its "drink this or i'll punch you in the wuss!" :D

that always gets 'em sometimes

have ya noticed that it is never "a good carpenter was arrested today".. but, when it comes to bodybuilders, it is always the first thing they mention..:( :rolleyes:

I think the situation is pathetic. The cops are trained first responders, they're supposed to know the symptoms of hypoglycemia and other common medical problems. They were incompetent and obviously weren't paying attention at the police academy when this topic was supposed to be drilled into their fat heads. And most police departments have continuing education programs where these health issues are discussed.

In any case, once they found out what the REAL problem was, they shouldn't have arrested the guy. Subduing the guy I have no problem with, but arresting him because he was having a serious medical problem? That's why the cops need to be sued.

I bet the charges will be dropped by the prosecutor once he hears the full story.

All I can say is remember this situation if you ever have a relative in dire medical need, calling the cops may be the worst thing you could do.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131