over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Much Respect

gainingmass

Registered
To all fighters, boxers and Mixed martial arts. I started boxing lessons last week and that shits intense. I love it though, in about 3 weeks i begin my mixed martial arts training. Just wanted to tell everyone thats involved with this stuff like Ivan, RIV, etc... that i gotta whole new respect for this sport, im gonna keep with it though and see where i go with it. When i go back to school at the end of Aug, im taking grappling classes> any other suggestions as to what other art forms i should be learning. Oh yeah ivan how did you get into fighting competitively, one day i want to do this?

GEt on a team

That is the 1st step.

The team coaches should know where and when the fights are....if you are good, you will get bigger venues/matches...Learn the ground game VERY well before you get into a cage or ring.

Thanks man, il ask my coach tonight what he knows about it. Im just gettin started so i dont expect to get on a team that soon, im gonna work into it and learn as much as i can. As for the "ground" game, ive already got those lined up when i get back up at school.

Sorry to keep this thread going im just still syked about last nights training. I got to spar against the Alabama Golden Gloves Champion last night. I lasted the entire 3 rounds and avoided gettin knocked out, hell i even landed some good punches on him. But i was damn tired when the rounds were over. The guys going to vegas next week to compete in a tournament, that if he wins he's on the olympic team. So i might have gotten lucky but it makes me feel better to compete against someone of his calibur.

Good job

Nothing helps like confidence being boosted....You are on the right track...

Thanks Ivan,
yah i felt great after that, Im not sure what tonight holds though, he said he had a suprise for me, not sure if thats a good thing. Either way il fight my way through it. Hey what do you do to make it past that pain barrier, when your body is telling you stop, but your coach is yelling to keep going? I just picture myself somewhere else or someone tryin to mess with my sister and it works pretty well just wondering what anyone else does?

Ok I posted this in another thread last year.

But it should answer your question a little....

That reminds me of something else ---- when you are training, (I almost forgot stair work as well) and you start getting really exhausted and in pain, you will learn to "go" to a place, I call it my extra gear that I kick in, and then you barely feel the body, but your desire to succeed becomes iminent. Victory is inevitable. You forget about pain, forget about everything 'cept the mission at hand. Learn to find this place when you are in a tough spot.

yes im starting shootfighting real soon with my buddy from the board tapout hes worldchampion fighter... its goint to great experience

i love the sport, i'm having one hell of a time trying to find a greco coach to help me with my throws. my fight and cycle schedule are gonne get conflicted :confused: so IVAN- i shoot you a PM over at rppedmass. DAVE- goodluck with the classes glad to see you got into it, are you gonna fight in the danger-zone like tapout? i have a boy that did a fight for them a while back. GM- ivan is correct, learn the ground game, anyone can stand up and bang but that doesnt last forever, just look at tank abbot. but it takes some real skill to win a match on the ground, pretty kool too when you can armbar a guy before you break a sweat. where are you goin to school at? who are you gonna fight for eventually.

good luck everyone

i forgot to add... i might be going to brazil this winter and train with the chute boxe team ( my idols ) no bullshit guys. kinda nervous though, me and Wanderlei are the same weight :eek: :eek: :eek:

and did you guys see Pride? talk about knockouts.. cropcop, silva. and that lucky bastard liddel, i dont think he'll get past jackson. and what about rico getting robbed, he was in trouble in one submission, and was pounding all match but he lost? jackson looked kinda weak against BJJ. what are your thoughts guys?

Riv,
yah man i watched Pride, I think liddel did get lucky, at the beginning of the match i looked as though "the hammer" was gonna win, he got some good knees in. But you gotta give it to Chuck for hanging in there and connecting with that overhand right, damn what a punch!!! There were some other good fights as well but il remember that one. Im gonna work on my ground game when i go back to school in St.louis, I know that stuffs hard to learn, but il get the technique. Thanks ivan for the post, i just gotta find my "place" i guess, i appreciate all yalls help. Dave good luck to you in the shoot fighting ( i believe it was?) Hope that works out well for ya.

Even I have just started up boxing once a week for something different loving it :) bloody arms shoulders get so pumped feel like they gonna fall off :)

BIGKIWI said:
Even I have just started up boxing once a week for something different loving it :) bloody arms shoulders get so pumped feel like they gonna fall off :)

holy shit, i would hate to be on the recieving end of a blow from a guy who shoulder presses close to 500 lbs hahaha

JW

Yikes mate!

JustWannaBeHuge said:

holy shit, i would hate to be on the recieving end of a blow from a guy who shoulder presses close to 500 lbs hahaha

JW

No shit...

Hell, I was born too late. I really envy you guys. I competed in Judo for years - Captain of the Judo team at FSU, and also got into karate - both Shotokan, and Tae Kwon Do (Mr. Jhoon Rhee gave me my my 1st Degree Black Belt in D.C.). Started in Judo and karate back around age 13 -14 - when we almost didn't have any "schools" per se - just "clubs". Sometimes everybody would kick in what they could to help pay for tatami mats, etc. Also got into Aikido, and a REAL hard jujitsu style called Jukaryu - could NOT compete with that shit - would be maiming and killing people. Even the super hard-core stuff you guys do now doesn't compare to that - eye gouging, ripping off ears and balls, etc! Then when it was just getting started, I got into what they called back then "Full Contact Karate", which of course evolved into kickboxing. Now we have all the mixed martial arts anything goes, combination stuff - "Octogon" type fights, Brazilian jujitsu, shootfighting, etc. etc. I was the AAU US Southeastern Region Judo champion in 170 pound weight class a looong time ago (hate to say which year). Won a number of "point" and several full contact karate tounments too. Also, I'm a lot bigger now - didn't discover juice until toward the end of my competiton career. Was competing in last round of Judo regionals at age 38, and rode a throw in too long (kept fighting it off instead of just going on over and taking the fall) - total shoulder separation - doc told me it was like taking one of those GI Joe dolls and just ripping the arm out. Needless to say that ended my competition career. I was really getting too damn old anyway. But I would love to be around (where I was young enough to train and compete) in this modern era like you guys are talking about. Sounds and looks like a real blast - when you limit things to just one "style" (like Judo, or one of the karate styles) it just doesn't approach the "real thing". Got to admit most of what we did back then was fairly mild compared to whats going on now! I've done some teaching and coaching, but can't stand not being able to compete myself - drives me crazy, so mostly just lift now (and watch guys like you on TV!) . BTW, I also got into a little "traditional" (golden gloves type) boxing when I was a kid- great stuff. Anyway, Good luck to all you guys! Maybe see some of you on pay for view one of these days!

BTW - one debate the Judo and Karate types used to have in the "old days" was who would win a "real" street fight - a grappler or striker. Now we know the answer. You got to be able to hit, but from what I've seen virtually all one-on-one fights end up on the ground within a minute or two (or less) ground game, including armbars, chokes, etc. is what really does it, right?

Chuck

Too many times have I seen guys "fight" the throw etc and end up breaking bones, dislocating shoulders, elbows....ya gotta learn to go with it....in fact I got so efficient at doing that I would almost do a flip on a Jap. wizard, so fast that I would be recovered so fast before the guy that did the throw LOL!!!

As for going to the ground -- ya most of the time...I myself have had PLENTY of bouts that never went to the ground --- well he did...

Ps --- been on pay per view several times too!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131