over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Multiple gym memberships

trenblown

Banned
I have a $10/month membership at a local old school style gym, and I have about 2 years left on a prepaid membership at LA Fitness. I like to switch up my workouts between the two since they both have their own pros/cons and it adds some variety.

Just found out my company will pay for gym memberships so I'm thinking about getting a third one just for fun.

Any of you guys work out in multiple gyms like this to mix things up?

As I age, I stick more to the same gym. I’ve found when I switch to a new gym, there’s new equipment, different weight calibrations, different members, environment and I injure myself easier. Lol. When I was younger, I went to many gyms!

In the states I did due to different equipment and hours at some. Some gyms only costing $20-30 a month... which isn't bad.

But here in Australia the average is 20-40 A WEEK for memberships. For most gyms...so I only go to one (and use my girls anytime Fitness pass sometimes lol)

Yeah, I have a few and sometimes take a couple hour drive to some really cool gyms in Chicago. Its nice to change things up and meet new people.

My main gym, honestly, sucks balls. Horrible owners, broken equipment etc. The water fountain was broken.....for 2 months, at a gym, with thirsty athletes. Wow.

Once a week I drive an hour to train at a more hardcore very well equipped gym with like minded people. Then I have my gym I go to on other days and that my family uses in town.

My company covers health/fitness related expenses (gym memberships, nutritionist/personal training, massages, cryotherapy, acpuncture, etc) up to $150/month.

So I keep 4 memberships and can still get in a monthly massage with the coverage. Wouldn't have so many if they weren't covered but like changing up the environment and weight/equipment choices from time to time.

I would have zero issues paying any cost for a decent gym or multiple memberships, however my obligations require that my gym be located within a reasonable distance. I am not willing to fight traffic for 30 minutes to workout, when I can get to a decent gym in under 10 minutes.

I do believe that people should not blink an eye on spending money on a membership. $20 or $300 a month is perfectly reasonable for an activity that provides you so many benefits.

For us older folks it is a lifestyle...That 2 hours a day in the gym is more than building muscle. It is my time. It is a great stress reliever from everyday life.

I belong to two chains based on location. Retro fitness for 32 a month in Jersey gets the job done and there are a lot of them as well which is always a plus. They just opened an LA fitness near me that I've heard good things about. I'm in the city a lot on weekends and there are no retros other than maybe one in queens that I know of so I belong to NYSC which I've gone to since I started lifting weights years ago. Its wildly expensive for what you get ($70/month) but its convenient and also gets the job done. I wish I was closer to some better gyms but I can't really be driving 45-60 mins to and from the gym 4 times a week or whatever.

I only have one @ 24 hour fitness, there's 2 in my area. I have thought about getting another for some variety, but at the end of the day, the equipment i use works perfectly fine, so if i'm not getting the desired results, i need to push myself harder and not look for new equipment.

Gym

I have 3 diff.member ships down grading to 2 memberships this week.no real need for 3 anymore.

In the states I did due to different equipment and hours at some. Some gyms only costing $20-30 a month... which isn't bad.

But here in Australia the average is 20-40 A WEEK for memberships. For most gyms...so I only go to one (and use my girls anytime Fitness pass sometimes lol)

Our Aussie gym prices are a rip off. Still not as bad as Switzerland, from what Elvia1023 has posted before in other threads. When I lived in the suburbs, I bought about $8000 in gym equipment. Got another few thousands dollars to make it complete with everything I want to use. It will pay for itself within 10 years, with the current membership prices.

I almost choked when I read the OP gets $10 a month membership in the USA, I live rural now and would spend that in petrol just to go to a gym and back once. Good thing about having my own gym is being into the kitchen within a minute, to eat post workout meal.

I still like to go use a free trial pass or paid day pass every now and then, just for a different atmosphere (checkout the female talent).

Last edited:
Our Aussie gym prices are a rip off. Still not as bad as Switzerland, from what Elvia1023 has posted before in other threads. When I lived in the suburbs, I bought about $8000 in gym equipment. Got another few thousands dollars to make it complete with everything I want to use. It will pay for itself within 10 years, with the current membership prices.

I almost choked when I read the OP gets $10 a month membership in the USA, I live rural now and would spend that in petrol just to go to a gym and back once. Good thing about having my own gym is being into the kitchen within a minute, to eat post workout meal.

I still like to go use a free trial pass or paid day pass every now and then, just for a different atmosphere (checkout the female talent).

Yeah it is pretty bad here. Well there are some that are cheaper. But in the UK you can join a decent gym for about $15 per month. At the moment I have 2 gym memberships. For one I paid about $600 for 1 year which over here is a bargain. For the other I paid $550 for 3 months. I usually pay between $450-600 for 3 months. Many seem to be getting cheaper now and offer 1 year for approx $1000-1500. The most I paid I think was $220 for 1 month. I really like my new gym so I may join that for 1 year after the 3 months expires. I think it's about $1300 for 1 year now so works out a lot cheaper per month than paying for just 3 months.

Many insurance companies offer wellness programs.

For example mine offers access to most all gym chains and YMCAs for a single 20-25 a month payment. I didn't know about it for the longest time so you may look into it and see if yours offers it.

I have about 5 different gym chain key fobs, and even access to some local gyms who participate in the program. Anytime fitness is one of them and those are literally everywhere. Planet fitness is on there too... but I still have yet to go there lol.

Last edited:
I have a $10/month membership at a local old school style gym, and I have about 2 years left on a prepaid membership at LA Fitness. I like to switch up my workouts between the two since they both have their own pros/cons and it adds some variety.

Just found out my company will pay for gym memberships so I'm thinking about getting a third one just for fun.

Any of you guys work out in multiple gyms like this to mix things up?

Yes, I have a few. I do enjoy switching my routines up and often times just for the change of scenery.

I have 2 at the moment. IT took forever to find a place that will let me use chalk so when I found one I joined....then I found another one.

I had 3 but now just used Life Time and Xsport.

Many insurance companies offer wellness programs.

For example mine offers access to most all gym chains and YMCAs for a single 20-25 a month payment. I didn't know about it for the longest time so you may look into it and see if yours offers it.

I have about 5 different gym chain key fobs, and even access to some local gyms who participate in the program. Anytime fitness is one of them and those are literally everywhere. Planet fitness is on there too... but I still have yet to go there lol.

My insurance reimburses me $20 for my gym membership as long as I check in 12 times per month..not great but its something.

I currently have 2 memberships. Getting ready to get one more. 1 of the gyms is a hard core no basketball, no racquetball crap. Great for getting a good workout in. But when it comes to cardio equipment, they suck. Not enough. Which is why the 2nd gym got my membership. I use them strictly for the god cardio equipment they have. The 3rd gym is very close to my job. They have everything there. If I am running short on time I can just go there rather than a 35min ride home to hit a gym. So multiple memberships can sometimes can in handy.

I have three at the moment. Our main gym is closest to home and a 24/7 place (not a chain). Don't hate on me but I have a PF membership because I travel for work. Then we have a membership at a swankier place that used to be our main gym, but we moved about 15 miles away from it. But we have the family plan so 3 of my sons (who still live close to it) and my wife and I are members for about 17 bucks / month per person. If we dropped it, my sons would have to pay individual membership fees, which are around $50 or so. And we still use it once in a while when it makes sense.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear