over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Multivitamin - necessary or not?

Its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Multivitamins are your insurance policy. They insure that you're getting all your micros that you are lacking from food.

I would've thought that taking a multi would help with not getting sick. That's interesting.

Yeah, me too. We used GNC for a while, and then went with Thorne Research, and same thing. It could be coincidence, but we've both noticed this several times. We follow a pretty healthy lifestyle otherwise, never drink to excess, get enough sleep, yada yada. I carry a bit too much bodyfat (20%), she's on the lean side with year-round abs. Don't know if any of that makes a difference.

At least for us, getting sick for a week means that training is thrown off for 3 weeks minimum (1 week of sick, 2 weeks of ramping back up intensity and volume). I can't imagine that any advantage of taking the multi makes up for that 3 week setback in training.

If you had a highly modified 1000HP car but only paid attention to the engine and didn't make sure all the other fluids were full and with the correct high quality fluids; how well do you think that car is going to hold up?

Taking a multivitamin would be the equivalent of putting synthetic fuel like ExtraFuel in your car instead of the real fuel it is designed to run on.

Taking a multivitamin would be the equivalent of putting synthetic fuel like ExtraFuel in your car instead of the real fuel it is designed to run on.

I'm not familiar with ExtraFuel; but what do you do when you live in a state where the best "real fuel" is 91 octane and contains all kinds of krapp in it?

I would be willing to bet that if everyone on this board who does not take a multi-vitamin had blood work done; most everyone would come back deficient in some vitamin/mineral. I am not saying that those who take a multi-vitamin will not come back deficient as well as absorption is going to depend on quality. But what I am saying is that I don't find it realistic to get everything you need from food based on our current lifestyle and quality of food supply.

we take tons of shit...cattle abortion drugs...handfuls of Dbols and Abombs....

but fuck taking a couple vitamins...that's stupid.

just 1 a day for piece of mind.

I think so...

Yes, I think vitamins are necessary because our foods are depleted because of the way they are grown and the land is over used. Moreover, a person that trains hard would have eat a lot of veggies to get the right amount of vitamins required for optimum results.

I think of it as an insurance policy for nutrition.

since identifying and supplementing deficiencies may not be easily achieved by everyone, I take the approach of using a comprehensive multivitamin maybe every other day. Sometimes I'll take a week or two off and then start using them again to prevent possible unwanted buildup of certain vits/mins.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws