over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Multivitamin questions

Jake LaMotta

Registered
I've never taken a multivitamin before so I plan to start taking this multivitamin: Natrol, My Favorite Multiple, Original Multivitamin, 120 Tablets - iHerb.com

3 questions:

1. It says to take 4 tablets daily. Can they be taken all at once after eating breakfast or is it best to split them up throughout the day?

2. What is better to take, the one with iron or without iron and why?

3. Is this a good brand to take?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
If I take more than 1 i usually separate them. Right now i am taking 2 pills a day and i take one at breakfast and one around 3pm. SO if you are taking 4 pills i would either take 2 am and 2 afternoon or 1 every 3 hours. But 2 and 2 is probably fine. Go look at true proteins multi.

If you're doing 3-4 meals a day then seperate your pills the same way. If you are taking 4 of these pills then I assume it is giving you your full days worth of iron. Unless you need extra iron for something you're probably getting enough in these pills. And there are better companies out there also. Natures Way is a pretty good company and their products are reasonably priced. And there are others.

People will split as many times as they can but morning and night would be fine, and less bother

Multi

Personally I use a powder multi vitamin because of the absorbability preference using a powder disolved in water. It is my opinion and verified by several studies that highly compressed tablets tend to pass right through your system and end up in your urine or the next time you deposit a stink pickle. If you are taking a multi in the form of pills look for a capsule that is easily broken down in the stomach. Pay close attention to what the capsule is made out of. Using a powder, I take 1 serving in the morning on an empty stomach, and the other in the evening after work. I mix it with warm water to help in dissolving all the vitamins and nutrients.

I plan to start taking this multivitamin: Natrol, My Favorite Multiple, Original Multivitamin, 120 Tablets - iHerb.com

3 questions:

1. It says to take 4 tablets daily. Can they be taken all at once after eating breakfast or is it best to split them up throughout the day?

2. What is better to take, the one with iron or without iron and why?

3. Is this a good brand to take?

Thanks guys.

1) I wouldent take it all at one time. take 2 in morning and then one with lunch and one with dinner. somthing like that.

2) depends on you, if you eat alot of red meat maybe dont get the iron one. it depender on person. eme i dont eat meat so i dotn worrie as much about a iron overdose so if its inthere its good.

3) I dont know that brand but i get mine from puritan.com and acually Trueprotein have a pretty good one now. 3 a day's.

DC sent me a bottle and i been using them this month. Im verry happy with them.
:)

look at trueprotein.com

My last blood labs showed my iron was real low so I think I'll take the one with iron. You guys agree?

Iron

I would definateley stick with the added iron if your levels are low. When you have your blood tests run again make sure you are at normal levels with iron and there is not any sign of anemia by having your RBC's (Reb Blood Cells) and your hemoglobin checked just to be on the safe side. Iron deficiency is pretty rare in males.

I take this 1-2 capsules 3 times a day with meals.

Capsulated vitamin mineral powders...

**broken link removed**

Also eating some really good red meat will help with Iron deficiency. I would recommend some grass fed beef. This place sells good GF beef and ships all over the country.

texasgrassfedbeef.com/

I would definateley stick with the added iron if your levels are low. When you have your blood tests run again make sure you are at normal levels with iron and there is not any sign of anemia by having your RBC's (Reb Blood Cells) and your hemoglobin checked just to be on the safe side. Iron deficiency is pretty rare in males.

Here's the thing, not only was my iron low...but my red blood cell count was HIGH.

My doctors can't figure it out.

Iron (Risks when levels are to High)

I would not worry to much about your iron levels. Eat a bunch of good red meat and a ton of spinach. There is some risk for males when we start supplementing iron. In some rare cases the following conditions can occur:

RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH IRON:
Hemochromatosis occurs when too much iron accumulates in the body. Although iron is essential for life, excessive iron can be very dangerous because iron is easily oxidized (think of rust). Iron reacts easily with organic molecules to create highly reactive oxygen species that contribute to high levels of oxidative stress in the body. The result can be free radical damage to the liver, pancreas, heart, joints, and skin.

Because your RBC's are fine I would assume your hemoglobin levels are probably in check as well. Personally, I never use iron as a supplement but rather rely on my diet to achieve proper levels. It has never been an issue for me and for most males given the absence of any disease process.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc