over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

muscle atrophy

sean1970ss

Registered
Newbies
About 1 1/2 ago I had frozen shoulder on my right side. Not sure of the cause of it but man it sucked. The strength and muscle loss is felt. I was curious if anyone else has experienced this and what did you do to overcome and rebuild? Bench is difficult still probably a 25-30% strength difference vs my left side. I have upped the reps by 6 more vs my left side. Any other ideas? TY!!!

So is your shoulder good now? If it's fixed and you're in recovery then u need patience and keep putting in the work to get strong again

In all honesty I don't think we can diagnose your issue on the board here. You should go to a doc, get them to let you know where you're injured or why you have a problem. Once we know, you have a rotator cuff tear or an impingement, etc. then I'm sure you'll find tones of great advice.

Is the frozen shoulder impingement to where you have a pinched nerve? That would explain the atrophy and strength loss.

Don’t do bench presses.

Is the frozen shoulder impingement to where you have a pinched nerve? That would explain the atrophy and strength loss.
Yes sir you are correct. I went to a sports medicine DR. they did this electric pulse type thing to trigger the nerves hurt like hell! I have to do a 4:1 ratio rep and many different angles to keep building what I lost. When it happened I thought I was having a heart attack pain was absolutely unreal. Did a lot of tissue therapy to get things moving. This guy helped me more then anyone with the massages a lot of hot n cold used. I actually felt it release during one of the massages was insane.

Don’t do bench presses.
No kidding? I have not done any bar presses. Only dumb bells focusing on contraction. I tried bench at first it was difficult with the strength difference between arms so stopped immediately. Was watching some videos of Jay cutler and how he used dumb bells for chest as well.

No kidding? I have not done any bar presses. Only dumb bells focusing on contraction. I tried bench at first it was difficult with the strength difference between arms so stopped immediately. Was watching some videos of Jay cutler and how he used dumb bells for chest as well.
I would not even do db flat benches.

But hey, that is just me.

Im dealing with same thing. My right arm and chest back and shoulder are smaller then my left from a injury i had i guess did mri and physical therapy no tears or any thing.

I am doing higher rep with mind muscle connection for my right side. I try to focus my mind on my right side so i can fire up the nerves on that side.
Mind muscle connection is very important for muscle atrophy

Have felt defeated several times. 120's used to be easy but now at 45's such a change other arm same strong and solid. Get 6-8 reps and arm just drops.

This exact same thing happened to me back in 2017. One morning I woke up and lost most of my strength in my right arm. Within a week I went from flat benching 275 for 8-10 reps to not able to press 95lbs (I do NOT flat barbell bench anymore and haven’t for 4 years now. Ego gets too involved and hard to control so I just stay away)

I tried resting it for 2 weeks and that did not work. This went on for about 6 weeks. I could not even flex my right tricep anymore.

I finally went to the sports doctor and they gave me an X-ray. Found out I had a major bone spur in my right shoulder that was pressing against my rotator cuff and some other nerves, causing some major impingement.

He decided to give me a cortisone shot and told me removing the spur is an option if this doesn’t work.

Within 2 weeks of receiving that cortisone shot I was back up to full strength again. I was in awe at the difference.

Ever since then I have not had an issue in that shoulder. I still have the bone spur, but no pain. I now avoid anything that would hurt it. I use mostly smith machines and only use dumbbells after machine work so I can use less weight and not tie my ego so much to a number (but still progress with a “new” smaller number with better form and contraction).

It honestly was the beginning of teaching me to focus on building strength in muscle vs movements because that was my first limitation I had in training before. It made me realize how much I ego lifted even though I wasn’t throwing weights around, or the notion that I “had” to do certain exercises in certain orders or I would burn alive.

This was just my experience with this issue. I hope you can find the way to heal soon!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131