over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Muscle cramps

chadd7

Registered
Over the last year and a half I notice I cramp much easier. Now it’s getting to the point where it’s impacting my lifts and cardo. If I push legs hard I almost always get a hamstring or quad cramp. As soon as I get it I have to end my workout because it takes a couple hours for it to go away. Also when doing abs they almost always cramp up towards the end of my training. I also play soccer all year long. Some games I’ll play the entire game without subbing. If I do that (we are short of players) I almost always get a calf cramp in the last 15 minutes of the game and need to come out.

I have always drank a lot of water (I’m guessing close to a gallon a day). I started taking salt pills before my games which did help some but as of recently not as much anymore. I also take 500mg magnesium a day but just started that last week. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

I sip Gatorade a lot. I go through 40oz a day.
Pedialyte is probably the best electrolyte drink.

I make my own electrolyte concoction of sodium, potassium and magnesium and make sure I get in my daily intake. I use Himalayan pink salt for sodium and trace minerals, NoSalt for potassium and magnesium oxide for magnesium, but you may still get enough from the amount of magnesium in the pink salt. I generally do about a half teaspoon each, mix in a liter of water and down it about three times a day.

Are you on any medicines? I was taking a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) for my throat problem and it was causing me very bad cramps. I went off of it and never had those cramps again Could be a med you are taking. Any new drugs or diet changes since it just started?

I used to get some cramping when I was on steroids too, and never really found a cure for it. My problem wasn't as bad as yours though. I tried taurine and it didn't seem to do much. I had issues mostly with my abs when training then. Man does that hurt! If I remember right, dbol seemed to make it worse.

most likely culprit is an imbalance in your electrolytes. should probably get that checked first.

I use Ajipure Taurine, which also helps with "back pumps".

The potassium used in Gatorade upsets my stomach so I drink the coconut water and Pinneaple juice.

Are you on any medicines? I was taking a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) for my throat problem and it was causing me very bad cramps. I went off of it and never had those cramps again Could be a med you are taking. Any new drugs or diet changes since it just started?

I used to get some cramping when I was on steroids too, and never really found a cure for it. My problem wasn't as bad as yours though. I tried taurine and it didn't seem to do much. I had issues mostly with my abs when training then. Man does that hurt! If I remember right, dbol seemed to make it worse.

No new meds.

Yes ab cramps are terrible. Almost every time I train them I have to stop because as soon as I bend over they cramp crazy bad.

I make my own electrolyte concoction of sodium, potassium and magnesium and make sure I get in my daily intake. I use Himalayan pink salt for sodium and trace minerals, NoSalt for potassium and magnesium oxide for magnesium, but you may still get enough from the amount of magnesium in the pink salt. I generally do about a half teaspoon each, mix in a liter of water and down it about three times a day.

I only take my salt pills on days I'm training legs or have soccer. You think I should be taking them daily?? Seems like that would be a little over kill.

I do up my potassium on soccer days but maybe I'll try and take that daily along with taurine.

I only take my salt pills on days I'm training legs or have soccer. You think I should be taking them daily?? Seems like that would be a little over kill.

I do up my potassium on soccer days but maybe I'll try and take that daily along with taurine.

It really depends what you're getting in your current diet, how much you're sweating, etc. I sweat all day, every day thanks to my job, so I need more than the average person. I know by the end of the day if I haven't had enough; I'll be low on energy, headaches, fatigue, no pump, etc. I try to stay ahead of the game and take more than enough to cover my bases. About the only side effect of taking too much is GI upset, but that can usually be mitigated by just lowering the amounts a bit.

Drinking pickle juice will work well to help alleviate them if you start cramping. I work in a extremely hot job and I stay on top of hydration . Pickle juice works better than anything for me.

Unless you have one of the rare Na+ channelopathy genetic disorders, why would you take salt pills? Or even extra K+?

Quinine helps some folks. Drink some tonic water, don't think it could hurt.

If you are so active and drinking a lot of water you need to make sure you are taking in electrolytes daily. That doesn't mean 1 salt pill before training. You want all electrolytes and you can get them through supplementation or your diet. I would salt (pink salt or iodized salt) most meals. Coconut water is very good. Foods such as avocados, sweet potatoes, black beans, watermelon, bananas etc. Last but not least I would add taurine in. You can get it from meat (especially dark meat) and dairy products but I would recommend buying powder as it's very cheap and easy to use.

I've been getting severe "back pumps" to the point of worrying about my kidneys. My recent bloods showed an increase in values but nothing to worry about. I just ordered some plantation Black Strap molasses & Apple cider vinegar. The molasses is full of potassium and magnesium so maybe it will work????

Mineral imbalance or depletion can cause cramps. Low calcium can effect the nerves causing cramping.

I've been getting severe "back pumps" to the point of worrying about my kidneys. My recent bloods showed an increase in values but nothing to worry about. I just ordered some plantation Black Strap molasses & Apple cider vinegar. The molasses is full of potassium and magnesium so maybe it will work????

There could be 101 reasons. What blood work did you get (details)? You have back pumps but was is your diet like? Your stats? Are you on cycle? Have you just started an oral or any medication? Your water intake?

I'd start by salting your meals if you are not already doing it. Electrolyte balance can be a pain in the ass, but i'd increase sodium through your meals, then go from there on adjusting Potassium, Magnesium, and water/fluids. Adding Gatorade or Pedialyte can help.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws