over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Muscle Mags are a rip-off...

I used to subscribe to them all but am now down to one, MD, and will surely not re-new.

Besides the advertising I am so frigging tired of seeing guys facial expressions looking like angry wild out of control beasts as if to suggest that is the badge of honor for training intensity.

These mags are written for 19 year-olds!

WORLDSPAN

I used to enjoy the OLD mm2000....before EAS was anything, when Duchaine wrote for them (AROUND '91-93' I beleive). Last of anything good on the news stands in my opinion. Last mag I bought was the FLEX with the newly massed Dorian Yates on the cover wearing black socks (quite awhile back!)...when he took size to a new level...and things have never looked back...to this day that pic is awe inspiring to me.

The ones for men are pretty laughable usually and you can get better information online in a matter of minutes. The ones that piss me off are the women's magazines. Every time you see a woman picking up the 2 lb pink DBs and start doing some ridiculous circuit training in front of a mirror it can be safely assumed that this "training program" came from a women's fitness magazine under the heading "TONED ASS AND ARMS IN 30 DAYS!" or some such bullshit. The existence of those rags is what makes it hard to grill into the ladies (as was the case with my wife) that lifting smaller reps of heavy ass weights will do more in a shorter amount of time than hundreds of reps with pink latex dild...dumbbells.

The fact that every article is about "toning" sends me into a rage, as well. At my work I always bury these mags under a hunting magazine to ensure they'll never be found.

I would agree. I used to get FLEX for several years and then stopped once I learned about DC Training and began to use it into my training. That and diet, I soon realized how Hollywoodish FLEX is and how it seems to be smoke and mirrors.

The only time I will buy a weightlifting magazine is if there are certain people in there that I like or I hear of a great article that I want to cut out. Other these forums have become my magazine.

The internet has destroyed magazines. More content, better content and free. Better female butts online:)

Now back before the net was what it is today, Muscle Media, when they talked juice was a must have....

Muscle Mags .

Musclemag International was my favorite years ago . I used to really enjoy the column from the editor Greg Zulak when he discussed questions related to steroids , nutrition, even sex . After awhile it felt like i was reading the same info over and over again . Not to mention , the publisher Robert Kennedy denying he had no ownership with any of the companies advertised in his mag like " Muscletech that many feel he had ownership with and denied it for some reason . I still use some Muscletech supps because their good stuff . I was never too big on Muscle & Fitness , Men's Health, Ironman ,, etc

Remember the old Iron Man when Peery Rader published it? It was small and black and white. Sold to John Balik and it was still good for a while until it too was taken over by ads and bullshit articles. I haven't bought a mag in over 15 years.

Back when, I thought MM and IronMan were good. Now they suck. It is like buying a pay per view movie and getting 75% commercials.

I think MD is the least bad at this point. I fly fairly often and I usually pick it up to read on the plane.

Muscle Media 2000 was great back in the day. It was the first magazine I bought.

Muscle Mag International was good until a couple years ago.

Now I stick with Fitness RX.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc