over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Muscle Mags are a rip-off...

I like MD but they have their share of ads and i don't find it to be "NO BULL". Not by a long shot. I remember when I first started reading them I was reading the whole thing. Fast forward 4.5 years and i'm now as good at reading them as I am at filtering the junk on the net.

MD is by far the best, but there are all pretty lame. I mostly like the old editorials from Romano, gossip and pics.

I stopped subscribing until I found Fitness RX. It is published every other month and focusing mainly on the science behind muscle building. It has several great tidbits and articles in each issue. Advertisements are to a minimum.

I agree, I used to subscribe but I got annoyed with all the ads... If you come across the old M&F from the 80's and early 90's you will get tons of great information.

I will have to check out Fitness Rx

Chris Aceto has written for every top magazine and said something disturbing in his thread on RXmuscle.

He said his articles were REWRITTEN by some little editor to sound more exciting or cutting edge.So you arent even getting TRUE info from people in the know.

I used to like the pics but now even those arent true with photoshop etc...

I gave up on them. The massive advertising MIGHT be tolerable if they produced articles worth owning but they are almost always less well written and less well researched than threads on the internet.

The content is consistently rehashed, incorrect or useless. Someone must be buying this shit but it's not me.

I read them while I'm taking a shit, not worth more than what I wipe my ass with when I'm done, but entertaining and gives me something to do for 10 mins other than stare at the wall...

there funny as hell to read and show your friends and say take this product and you will look like this guy!

I read them while I'm taking a shit, not worth more than what I wipe my ass with when I'm done, but entertaining and gives me something to do for 10 mins other than stare at the wall...

Yeah, there can only be so many ways to train biceps or eat food and take supplements. All the articles are redundant drivel nowadays.

Ten minutes to drop stack though? Damn, it takes me that long to take a shower, lol. Psyllium bro, psyllium. You might get through one paragraph of a MuscleTech advertisement.

Last edited:
The flip side is if they didn't have all that advertising, they'd be priced through the roof. Or at least $2 - $3 higher per issue. Just ignore the advertising. I'm good at skimming right through them and filtering (just like Bleed noted above) and I read very fast, so I tend to read them at the newsstand and not pay a nickel. ;)

i used to get them just for the new photos then i started visiting flexonline and md and now i get to see all the new photos of my favorite pros and i dont have to wait a month

never got into the magazines, I figured they were just the same as playboy for gay guys to wank to.
So I didnt want to be holding one in the gym and give the wrong impression to anyone. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but really? cmon, buy a magazine of some female tits and ass, not guys, guys. Thats kinda gay, not that there is anything wrong with that. just well sorta gay, which in some dialects can mean happy, so if looking at muscular men in speedo trunks makes you happy and you want to plunk down 7$ to look at them. Well this is America, live how you want to live, but still
really gay, happy fantabulous!

You have made one of the most pointed and accurate statement of any post I have read here. Once the physique worship dies and is directed elsewhere we usually see clearly. Now I'd rather look at myself then look at someone that might be better than me.

They're good for motivational purposes. Also, I got started due to muscle mags. Ate my first workout meal plan written in MD. I learned workout techniques, and routines from them.

I learned Ronnie Coleman got his enormous and famous physique due to BSN :D lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner