over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MUSCLE MAGS

Prometheus615

Registered
Which magazines are the best, with less bull shit and more substance?

there all crap....save your money........this board is free

It's all here

everything you need is right here as Edge said. training, nutrition, supps. i've never had a question go unanswered on this board.

Nice

I dont think MD is bad. It has some very informative research articles on testosterone and health. Now the constant pros colums and training articles can get a bit repetitive as they do with flex and musclemag, but overall its a decent mag.

I still have copies of the old muscle media 2000 before it turned intoa bitch rag and I still read them from time to time and its a shame we dont have mags like that anymore. No crazy articles claiming instant fat loss or huge legs or massive chest and then bullshit articles to back it up. Just real hardcore info.

MM2k used to talk about steroids pretty much cover to cover. Had whacky stories and alot of really good reading. MD talks about steroids, so that in itself isnt illegal. What we need is a mag like MM2k again. A magazine for bodybuilders and gymrats written by bodybuilders and gym rats.

Even in this internet superhighway, magazines will never die. The reason why? maagzine as prestigeious. How many don , dick, and harry's put thier pics or whatever up on the internet and nobody gives a sceond thought. That same tom, dick or harryis published in a legit magazine and it becomes so much more. True you can find all the info you need here on the internet but magazines represent something different. They are a different medium althogether.

Not everybody will sit down and read a website for 5 hours searching. But they will sit down for a hour and read a magazine cover to cover.

i'm not trying to be a jackass....i'm seriously trying to help you out. look around your surrounded by ifbb pro's, top national level contenders and internet legends such as myself :D

seriously all the information here is straight forward, no bullshit, no hype, no crappy ass overpriced supplement. your in the real deal, hang around and read and save your money.

Last edited:
i'm not trying to be a jackass....i'm seriously trying to help you out. look around your surrounded by ifbb pro's, top national level contenders and internet legends such as myself :D

seriously all the information here is straight forward, no bullshit, no hype, no crappy ass overpriced supplement. your in the real deal, hang around and read and save your money.

I have to agree. The mags are behind in the info and pics at this point. What you read on this or other boards today, shows up 2 months later in the mags.

I like MD out of all of them. I agree that most sites pretty good and they are free, but its nice to be able to sit down and read something without having to fire up the ol' computer.

I was just talking to msomeone about this today. The thing that strikes me most are the pieces that pros such as Kai Greene and others "write" in MD. If you didn't know better, you would think these pros are very articulate and well-educated people by the way they come off in these articles they supposedly write.

After seeing a few clips of interviews with them and meeting some in-person, one is able to see that this anything but the truth. I hate that MD and Flex and others try to make it appear that there are actual questions being posed by readers in these sections. Also, they are REALLY not conveying just how verbally challanged some of these individuals are.

The whole supplement scam that funds these magazines is also a disgrace.

well lets be honest. Are supplements a scam? Some are some are not. But you cant call the magazines a disgrace for having ads in thier mags for supplements. They buy they ad space and the ads are what pay for the magazine to be made. If I had a magazine and supplement company XYZ wanted to advertise thier creatine in my mag I would let them. Money is money. I am not gonna go around in my mag and say thier creating is the best. They are just paying for a space. Most mags except for musclemag international take this stance.

Thething is MM2k used to be what your talking about. Bill Phillips used to pump up sales of met-rx and subsequently EAS through MM2k, but alot of mags now just take the ad and put it in the magazine. You really cant hold the magazine responsible unless they have a financial intrest in the supplement. The magazine is nothing more than a billboard for a product. Thats like holding ABC or ESPN accountable if ford runs an ad on thier station for a piece of shit car. ESPN hasnt anything to do with the car. They are just running and ad paid for by ford. Your problem should be with ford.

Granted magazines do have info like pro contest coverage that is 3 months behind but that is only because magazine are printed 3 months in advance. But I have to agree with you on MD where they make it sound like the pros are more intellegent than they are. I think some of the pros like shaen ray, and chad nicholls and charles galss write thier own but your prolly right on the majority of pros dont write thier own articles or even have questions come to them.

well lets be honest. Are supplements a scam? Some are some are not. But you cant call the magazines a disgrace for having ads in thier mags for supplements. They buy they ad space and the ads are what pay for the magazine to be made. If I had a magazine and supplement company XYZ wanted to advertise thier creatine in my mag I would let them. Money is money. I am not gonna go around in my mag and say thier creating is the best. They are just paying for a space. Most mags except for musclemag international take this stance.

That was always my opinion, but after seeing thes supplement "reviews" that are run in at least two secions of the zine, I have become jaded.

Using MD for an example, they have numerous small pieces in the first quarter of the magazine that sometimes draws misleading results from studies done on these supps. Then they have their fake Q & A on supplements piece, then they will run a misc piece on whatever supp their major sponsor suggests.

The mags will not dare say anything negative about supps or supp companies for the obvious reason--revenue. Whay do you think over 50% of the mags' volume is advertisements? Do you think you'll get a legitimate answer on supps from such a source. Same scam as it always was. Dibencozide, Smilax..the list goes on.

I'm very disappointed in the modern magazines, however I have gotten lots of good information from the 60's and 70's magazines. The old smaller Iron Man were very good. The older mags weren't filled page after page with ads for supplements. Sure they had ads, but they didn't make up the majority of the content like some of the modern publications that I've seen.

I have noticed all the "scientific" articles in MD show up exactly written in Fitness Rx. I happen to like them both...lol. But from now on if I am gonna buy it will be MD. I agree with the notion that some of these guy have writers for them...they really make look like PhD's sometime.

Kai Greene

Kai Greene is articulate...sometimes he can act a bit strange....but he means well and is a good person. Some of lifestyle choices leave nothing to be desired..but hey to each his own...I just talked with him a bit on Monday evening after I finished training. He just walked into the gym late (11pm) and started to train...Although I was pretty much done with my training for the day... I decided to stay around and obsever his training ...he is just a few weeks out from the New York Pro.
Kai was training shoulders that night and was really taking much of a break between sets. I think that he could have certainly gone heavier in alot of movements since he tossed up 285 for 8 or 9 reps on the seated front barbell press like it was nothing. He did 4 to 5 sets worked his way up to 285...did a few sets of behind the neck presses with 225...his form was outstanding.
I congratulated Kai on his cover appearance on MD...I did not get a chance to see the issue yet... I just read that he was going to be on the cover of the publication...in any case he showed me a copy of the mag that the editor of the publication had sent him..it was taken in Metroflex gym just after the Arnold Classic...I don't know if you guys have seen it but Kai looks crazy..on the front cover...literally as well as physique wise.. in any case what was interesting is that he showed me a comparitive photo of him doing a rear maditory pose from the Shuan Ray Classic where he won the overall last year and the same photo from the Arnold this year....and the development that he made from 07 to 08!!! left me speechless...I would have thought the photos were somehow doctored if Kai had not been in my presence...it is unbelieveable...check it out!!
The last time I saw Kai in the Gym was in November..just prior to my shows..He asked me how I did..and I told him I got blown out in the natural pro worlds..and then turned around and won my class the next week in an NPC event..in any case at the time...Kai was BIG...FAT...he told me reflectively speaking he suffered...at 305 or so...I thought there was NO way he could dial it in and come in sharp for the Arnold classic...I certainly stand corrected...
Another thing about Kai..is he trains HARD!! and is Driven...and he eats like there is no tommorrow...he told me that he is eating $800 worth a fish a month..over 10 pounds a day...and thats excluding Beef, Chicken...from what I could gather..his diet seems more or less the Palumbo approach...with some modifications I would assume....

more later.

hard2core2

I was just talking to msomeone about this today. The thing that strikes me most are the pieces that pros such as Kai Greene and others "write" in MD. If you didn't know better, you would think these pros are very articulate and well-educated people by the way they come off in these articles they supposedly write.

After seeing a few clips of interviews with them and meeting some in-person, one is able to see that this anything but the truth. I hate that MD and Flex and others try to make it appear that there are actual questions being posed by readers in these sections. Also, they are REALLY not conveying just how verbally challanged some of these individuals are.

The whole supplement scam that funds these magazines is also a disgrace.

I'm sure Kai is a great guy. However, as you know him, please read his comments in MD for the May issue (where he discusses msg boards and such) and tell me if you really believe he is capable of writing that.

I recently bought a flex and a muscle development big mistake. Honestly ten adds at least to evey page of information. I refuse to buy them anymore

MM2k was the best mag of all time in my opinon. Before the ill fated "gold issue" in 1997 when it went from muscle media 2000 to just muscle media the bitch rag. Testosterone isnt bad but its not consistent enough.

Last edited:
MM2k was the best mag of all time in my opinon. Before the ill fated "gold issue" in 1997 when it went from muscle media 200 to just muscle media the bitch rag. Testosterone isnt bad but its not consistent enough.

I bought the lifetime subscription when it was MM2K. Although the lifetime was rather short

Best Mag....

I'm going to disagree with all of you guys; I think Muscle & Fitness is the most substantive. I've had a subscription for nearly two years and have not been disappointed. All the rest of the mags, MD included, do nothing but give you fake excercise routines that the pro's use. And of course it works so well for them...they're juiced from here to next thursday!!!!

If you want a magazine that's going to give you the latest and important updates in the world of fitness, M&F is the way to go. They tell you all about just when to take certain supplements, like for example when to take your BCAA's and when to have your last meal and how many carbs and protein and so forth. That would be your best bet and they have a good cost on subscription plans too.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RES15NMV
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws