over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Muscle Memory

Papa Van Smack

Verified Customer
Registered
So.....Been out of the gym since April.....AGAIN.....starting back AGAIN.......not really beating myself up over that at all......I live life and do what I want and sometimes that requires breaks from the ol gym.....BUT.....I always come back, even if I swear that I won't. I love it there.

Anyway, I am super stoked about gorging my face with insane amounts of food. I'd been on the one meal per day plan.......i'm a bachelor, hadn't been lifting, who needs more than 1 huge lunch? didn't have time for more than that.

So yeah, I'm just really excited about all the food I get to eat, I'm sitting here making list of what I should expect to consume each week.......and it's AWESOME.

Praise be to Jesus for Testosterone and Spaghetti, cause I love em both.

How much did you lose while you were out of the gym...

When I took most of winter time off, I lost about 20lbs or so....My offseason weight goes from about 245-250lbs to 225-230lbs or so...Not really alot, I guess, and it only took about a month to get it back again...So just eat, train hard (but smart, take your time, you will grow by just hitting the gym) and in no time you'll be huge again...

chris

Out since April, I haven't lost much size at all, a little bit.....maybe 20lbs of glycogen and water......I figure I should regain all of that back in about 4-5 weeks. I'm just excited to get back in there. I got my MP3 charged up, I got my favorite workout pants ready to go in my gym bag, as soon as I'm out of this office, it's iron time.

can't wait for the workout, more than anything, i cannot wait for the feast.

WOW

Guys, I've done this shit before....getting BACK into lifting that is.....never ceases toi amaze me. I've gained 22lbs. since my last post. 255-277 in about 2 weeks. Now i'm no guru(though i know a thing or two) and that's not all muscle.....in fact...it's ALL water and glycogen, but man is it getting packed in there fast.

I'm really enjoying getting back in the gym....and you know, even up 22lbs....my weights during the workout are still reflective of 2nd week back, so I anticipate some nice strength gains soon. Every workout's been good so far, sore the next day etc...can't walk after leg day.....but today was the best one so far, just able to dig a bit deeper for more intensity, pretty much what i'm used to, but after 2 weeks of practice it's starting to click.

What I've been doing is so simple it's rediculous....

750....TE
4 Servings of pre-load creatine per day(with so much water it's gross)
Excessive amounts of food with extra sodium

The plan: From experiance, i should get up to about 285, then i'll say "let's do 300, but it won't happen(headaches, can't eat THAT much etc) then I'll get sick of eating, grab the ECA and be around 250 at 12-15%......October I'd guess

so weight wise, i'll be right back where i started....BUT in much better shape

Muscle memory is an incredible biological function. It usually takes me a solid 8 weeks to get back after a 6 month layoff.

No love for Jesus?

Last edited:
So your well over 15% bf and eating lots of calories and taking in lots of sodium? :confused:

yeah man, just experiance here, once my body has the muscle mass and i cut the carbs the fat will just melt off.....may be unconventional, but it's not fly by night, i've done it several times, it's just something my body does easily.

WoW !!! That is impressive 22lbs...and your 277 now, that's big bro...I normally drop from an offseason weight of around 245-250, and go down to maybe 225-230lbs and then gain it all back, plus some...Right now im closing in on 255-260lbs, and I want to be close to that when I start my precontest prep diet for Nationals in about a month or so...

good luck

chris

WoW !!! That is impressive 22lbs...and your 277 now, that's big bro...I normally drop from an offseason weight of around 245-250, and go down to maybe 225-230lbs and then gain it all back, plus some...Right now im closing in on 255-260lbs, and I want to be close to that when I start my precontest prep diet for Nationals in about a month or so...

good luck

chris

Chris, you would smoke me on a stage bro, i'm just a big dude, tall, big bones etc....think.....lumberjack/fat linebacker......i'd be 240 if I never lifted. I'm not 277 by merit of amazing achievement of muscular developement, it's more like....already big dude, has lifted on and off for years......now he's big dude w/ muscles....

did you end up going to the mid-illinois in April?

Chris, you would smoke me on a stage bro, i'm just a big dude, tall, big bones etc....think.....lumberjack/fat linebacker......i'd be 240 if I never lifted. I'm not 277 by merit of amazing achievement of muscular developement, it's more like....already big dude, has lifted on and off for years......now he's big dude w/ muscles....

did you end up going to the mid-illinois in April?

No I didnt go to that show...Just Jr.Nats in June and the Mr.Iowa show...I will go to the Continnetal USA show in Sept. FitSarah will be competing in that one, in Figure...

chris

No I didnt go to that show...Just Jr.Nats in June and the Mr.Iowa show...I will go to the Continnetal USA show in Sept. FitSarah will be competing in that one, in Figure...

chris

no shit, i have a good friend doing figure in that one as well, not sure if i'll make it or not......she looks pretty damn good for 9 weeks out

That "muscle memory" is a hell of a thing. Not sure of the science behind it, but after lifting most of my adult life, like everybody else I do get times when I end up out of the gym for sometimes two - three (well maybe actually 4 months once or twice). When I get back in, I work out for a good 4 weeks before I go to any supps. The damndest thing is even though I've learned to start out slow the first few workouts, and build back gradually (the older I get the easier it is to really fuck something up) within a couple of weeks, I'm losing fat and getting some definition back. And I usually find that my strength comes back even faster.

Its like once you really get it, its in there, you just got to get it going again.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear