over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Muscle Minds Podcast.. Questions ?

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
Just a heads up... I'll be substituting for Jordan Peters on Tuesday ( Jan 2nd) for Muscle Minds Podcast hosted by Dr. Scott Stevenson .. Should be fun... I used to co host with Shelby Starnes Blue Collar Muscle podcast a few years ago and it was always a good time.. I'll let Ya know the topics covered when I get more info..

Please feel free to write here in this post questions for Scott and me .. As you know Scott is as knowledgable as they come and has the Fortitude Training system... So ask away and I will take the questions to the show !!

Last edited:
Just a heads up... I'll be substituting for Jordan Peters on Tuesday ( Jan 2nd) for Muscle Minds Podcast hosted by Dr. Scott Stevenson .. Should be fun... I used to co host with Shelby Starnes Blue Collar Muscle podcast a few years ago and it was always a good time.. I'll let Ya know the topics covered when I get more info..
Thanks for the heads up!!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Sweet! Always listening to that podcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made adjustments to this post for questions for The Show.. As you know Scott is as knowledgable as they come and has his own Fortitude Training system.. So ask away guys.. And I'll take the questions to the show to get the answered..

Made adjustments to this post for questions for The Show.. As you know Scott is as knowledgable as they come and has his own Fortitude Training system.. So ask away guys.. And I'll take the questions to the show to get the answered..
I've heard a lot of good things about this Fortitude Training. I really need to do some reading on it to get the general gist of it.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Can you ask Scott (and add your own input as well [emoji4]) about extreme stretching and it's overall importance in fortitude training or any hypertrophy training program for that matter (ie. DC).

Seems like the stretches can sometimes be harder than the work sets themselves [emoji846]; how much are trainees losing out on long term growth if they exclude stretching or not do them as frequently? Given that logbook is being crushed, and bodyweight is going up slowly and steadily.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'll bump for more questions.. ;)

What’s the best exercises to really feel the lat working and engaging ( I know everyone is different but majority )

Best back width exercises

Lats- being "older" how do you normally structure your "chemistry" part? If I remember correctly from posts, you'll run TRT for periods of time and then maybe bump to say 350/week Test and add in another compound at a fairly low dose? So essentially, what is the "rhyme to the reason"? Or is there none and you just bump up Test and add another compound when you feel like it?

Training- have you transitioned to more high volume training with age? What is your current training set up/regimen? How many days per week? Minutes in gym per workout after warm up? etc.

Thoughts on using 2IU humalog w/ 2iu gh with fasted cardio? Not using with injectable carninte.

Lats- being "older" how do you normally structure your "chemistry" part? If I remember correctly from posts, you'll run TRT for periods of time and then maybe bump to say 350/week Test and add in another compound at a fairly low dose? So essentially, what is the "rhyme to the reason"? Or is there none and you just bump up Test and add another compound when you feel like it?

Training- have you transitioned to more high volume training with age? What is your current training set up/regimen? How many days per week? Minutes in gym per workout after warm up? etc.

I can answer that here for Ya.. I will run 175 mgs of test CYP or enth for periods of time ( 3 months or so ) then add either primo ( 500 mgs) 1-test cyp (350-400mgs) or NPP (400mgs)... I have also just raised the test to 350mgs also.. It truly is just what I feel like doing at the time.. I get sides easily so I keep things low.. The length varies but usually 8 weeks or so.. If things are going very well I might extend it but usually 8 weeks or so.. I keep with the previously mentioned compounds as they are just favorites .. Relatively low sides..

As for training I try to vary it.. I recently went to higher volume and training a body part just once a week.. I still stuck to 3-4 days a week on a every other day routine.. But honestly higher volume kinda bored me so I recently stopped and went back to low volume and more frequency.. Mentally higher volume just felt like I was spinning my wheels.. Id rather hit a bodypart hard and be done.. I'm now doing upper body on one day.. Take a rest day then hit lower body and abs.. Take a rest day.. Then repeat upper body.. It's a deviation of fortitude training where I don't have the frequency of that program but use the exercise structure.. Workout time is about 1 1/2 hours.. I take decent time between sets..

Just seen reply!

Thanks.

Last edited:
LATS what's your and Scotts views on varying the volume and rest times for several weeks going back to the big beyond style so the pushing into over reaching slightly and then pulling back deloading. Especially for older lifters.

Also talk through your current home gym set up

Mk 677 i only do like 12,5mg going 1 hour before bed and I get crazy hungry, why is my blood sugar dropping so low. But it works great right before a sushi buffet i can eat so much food without getting a full.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Why is it better to sip on your intrashake when you train for like 70-90min even on slin. Rather than just slam it all down just before the first set and then drink water for the rest of the workout?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

We just finished up the podcast.. Scott, as usual, threw down some great knowledge and information.. I've always said he to i telli gent for his own good 😉.. I , on the other hand, would listen and come back with " yeah... What he said " ..😜 scoots talking about beta receptors and I bring up madturbation.. Kinda like Einstein meets water head...😂 we tried to get to all the questions but some where left out.. We will revisit them soon.. So keep posting questions and we will save them and address them in the near future..

Last edited:
Looking forward to checking it out but I would love a storytime with lats weekly podcast

Somebody make this happen

Looking forward to checking it out but I would love a storytime with lats weekly podcast

Somebody make this happen

Lol.. I appreciate that... I have two story times with LATs type and will be posting a training one tomorrow and a funny one by the weekend.. 😉

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws