over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My 50yr old Training partner

9muscle9

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi guys, during my prep for the shows I am doing this year I have been training with a friend at least twice a week who I met at the gym, who has recently turned 50 and is still busting his ass in the gym.

He has an incredible story of loosing his life to alcohol and Im sure he wouldn't mind me sharing some brief details. After training for 10 years and competing after 6 shows he qualified for the Britain finals and placed 4th out of a tough line up in the overall. Following the show and after dedicating so much time to bodybuilding, he felt as if his life had come to an anti climax and had all really been for nothing, so with some family problems and time away from bodybuilding he started drinking very heavily with his wife, who eventually left him and he still doesn't know where she is too this day. He became alcohol dependant over time and was drinking 3 bottles of rum a day and was stealing petty cash from work to cover his alcohol costs.

After 10 years of drinking and nearly killing himself 5 times with drink he decided that it was time to get his life in his own hands and went into rehab where he got clean and has stayed clean now for 18 months. He truly is the nicest guy I have ever met in bodybuilding, and is always happy to help me and be honest about how im looking throughout the prep.

Just thought I would give this a share - I know there are a few ex addicts in the forum somewhere - And its a bit of motivation for everyone really haha :)

10009900_10152245455796505_1995144615_n.jpg

24 years of sobriety one day at a time over here. It's always good to hear a success story like that. Bodybuilding is one my main tools of keeping sober. And I'm sure it's one of his too. God bless you both, and tell him to keep up the good work.

24 years of sobriety one day at a time over here. It's always good to hear a success story like that. Bodybuilding is one my main tools of keeping sober. And I'm sure it's one of his too. God bless you both, and tell him to keep up the good work.

much respect to anyone battling that demon. my mother couldnt win the fight, but I'm glad to hear when people do.

I hope you all keep on the path you've been on and stay strong physically, mentally, and spiritually.

I used to abuse everything I could get my hands on man for years and years of my life and I'm only 31. Bodybuilding is what really keeps me going, that and pain management. This guy looks great especially for his age. Props and keep it up.

I have worked with alcoholics and it really is a dangerous substance to be dependent on. It's very hard to kick as you can have seizures and heart attacks from withdrawal. That's great he is doing so well. That is one thing you do not want to abuse...

Anyone with an addictive personality knows there is no getting rid of it, only channeling that energy into something more positive.

Inspiring

Aloha,

Inspiring journey. To hell and back multiple times! BTW, looks great!

It just goes to show that some of us who have traveled the roads of darkness with alcohol and drug abuse, live long enough to reach that point of clarity to change. The majority of people don't!!

Been there-done that! Hasn't been a part of my life for many years, though it was a powerful part of my life that clearly defined who I wanted to be, and what I wanted to do.

V

I'm 50, haven't had a drink in going on 7 years. I've certainly made my share of mistakes. I hope he continues on the right path, it doesn't get easier. Best wishes to him.

Ps. I hope he trains his legs. :)

Pss: Rum???? Ewhh.

beating the addiction is only the beggining, staying alcohol free forever will take some challenge. Glad you will there for him. :headbang:

Man, that's inspiring! Thanks for posting.

I see all these guys on here, who've been addicted or done time or basically just faced serious adversity and had to start over. Your friend, Renewlyf, JJB1 to name a few. Good guys who've done well in the end. I often wonder how they do it when normal life is such a battle sometimes without all that!

I've been through some nasty shit, but never that kind. Makes me feel at once lucky, but also like I'm under-achieving! LOL.

Last edited:
I dont drink often but when I do I like getting completely fucked up and I hate myself for it the next day. I have gone for months without any alcohol but it seems like nights out with friends, thanksgiving, christmas etc seem very boring so I come back to it.

That's a great story bro..thanks!::ction-sm

one day at a time:lightbulb:

He's very old school about his drug use, training, diet and lifestyle when it comes to bodybuilding.

He Eats pretty much every 2 hours on the dot every day. Hardly any carbs of any kind apart from for breakfast, but any source of meat protein he can afford for every single meal with just 1 shake per day.

Gear wise he only uses 250mgs Sust every week and a 76mg shot of Parabolin per week for 8 weeks and then comes off for 5-6 weeks and then back onto something like Deca and Tren enth for 10 weeks.

And yeah he trains legs, he is a fucking animal when training legs - however recent back problems mean he has to avoid squats for a few weeks at a time.

beating the addiction is only the beggining, staying alcohol free forever will take some challenge. Glad you will there for him. :headbang:

Forever is too long bro. We do it one day at a time. Almost anyone can stop drinking or drugging for one day. Then do it again tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131