over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My arms haven't grown in ten years!

Not really bro, the genetics thing is just an excuse. Guys with shitty arms usually train them shitty, I've seen it time and time again. Elbows flopping around and swinging on curls. Those ridiculous, dumb sideway hammer curls people do that don't even hit an ounce of bicep. It's comical, then I get asked about how I got big arms. Train properly and the muscle will grow. Genetics may dictate how the muscle looks but it doesn't stop you from growing a muscle in my opinion.
I agree if you train shitty then you probably get shitty results. But genetics are genetics. And I know how to train properly. Both my bicep and tricep muscles are very short. Guess what they don't grow no matter what. Every single guy I see with great arms have long muscle bellies. Longer muscle belly means bigger muscle because it has more room to grow bigger. Think of Mike Katz. Guy just had bad genetics in the arms dept. Not like he didn't know how to train correctly.

Not really bro, the genetics thing is just an excuse. Guys with shitty arms usually train them shitty, I've seen it time and time again. Elbows flopping around and swinging on curls. Those ridiculous, dumb sideway hammer curls people do that don't even hit an ounce of bicep. It's comical, then I get asked about how I got big arms. Train properly and the muscle will grow. Genetics may dictate how the muscle looks but it doesn't stop you from growing a muscle in my opinion.

Agreed. Too many people with shitty arm and delt training swinging weights around with bad form. Large rock hard Delts and Arms easily discern who the real beasts are at the gym that actually know what their doing.

So currently I'm 245 at 5'9, 10% body fat. 225 stage.

Ten years ago I remembered measuring my arms and they were 18.75 cold. Back then I was about 225.

Now I'm 20lb heavier, same condition and measured today, well they are the same!

My chest is up 5 inches. Legs up 2 inches etc. But arms the same.

Not sure what's happened. I still do a few sets of arm curls and close grip work. A lot of tricep work aggrevates my left tendon. Either way I'm a fair bit stronger so I should be bigger all over. Odd!

Try this. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgX4UymgCDo&t=46s"]Jim Chelossi's Pre-Bootcamp.com: arm training using Emeric Delczeg's system - YouTube[/ame]

Emeric, would a band attached to the bottom accomplish a similar strength curve?

get a copy of JOhn Meadows arm training program:headbang:

Emeric, would a band attached to the bottom accomplish a similar strength curve?

Very similar, but is very hard to increase the load with the band, but the band is a good alternative.

How you supposed to do this when you train alone?:D

Brocksamson's idea of using bands is a very good one. Would probably take some time to figure out how to rig each exercise, but I think it would work on a lot of movements.

I use lighter weights for a full r.o.m. to work the muscle in the stretch position....then I may also use a heavier weight sometimes not going to complete stretch, taking 10-20% off of the r.o.m. from the stretch position.

I use lighter weights for a full r.o.m. to work the muscle in the stretch position....then I may also use a heavier weight sometimes not going to complete stretch, taking 10-20% off of the r.o.m. from the stretch position.

That works too! Partial reps. I used to do that for squats, worked just coming up out of the hole. I only went up maybe 1/2 way before stopping and coming back down again. Then hold the weight in the lowest positions, down in the hole, for a count of 5 to 10. That is where you are weakest, so I used a lighter weight than I would for regular sets.

How you supposed to do this when you train alone?:D

There is so much stuff you can do in the gym even when alone. You could db preacher curls and push down with the opposite hand on the negative. Plus after you fail on the positive you can bring the weight up with the opposite hand and just do negatives.

Then with cables there is a lot of useful stuff you can do. I will do standing one arm cable curls with slow and controlled form and fail at approx 15 reps. Then without rest you up the weight and hold it in the contracted position for approx 15 secs. Then you can up the weight again and you use both arms to curl the weight in position but just the working side to lower the weight. For this I try to get 5 reps. This way you are failing on the positive, contracted static hold and negative all in 1 set.

You mentioned close grip bench presses which are mostly lateral and anterior tricep, but the long head is the largest head of the tricep.

If you are not doing any specific work for the long head, you may be leaving some growth on the table.

Learn how to overhead press and do lying tricep extensions with full shoulder extension.

That will max out the long head growth.

When I say overhead press, I mean Starting Strength style with a close grip, standing up, moving your head out of the way with each rep, etc. It's necessary for overall shoulder health and tricep development.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar