over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My baby girl made bacon

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My daughter finaly broke into the long range crowd with her first harvest past 500yds. The animal is a small feral hog boar maybe 50-60 pounds and the range was 713 yds verified with a Leica lazer range finder. She is shooting her personal 243 Ackley running 105gr Berger Hybrid bullets. She commonly bangs steel with this gun to 1200yds

Anyway She zapped this little porker with the second round she sent as she has lead him a little to much on the first shot (he was walking).

First shot missed , she saw the hit called the miss , cycled the bolt and when the little fella stopped to look and see what happened she sent number two making a perfect hit. I can't say how proud i am of the way she handeled it , she never brought her head up out of the scope , stayed calm , controled her breathing and made the second shot.
Not many men can do this with the smoothness she did and she just turned 15

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-22-09-49-20-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-22-09-49-20-1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 792
  • Screenshot_2012-12-22-09-49-02-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-22-09-49-02-1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 638
That's awesome Gunny. No better way to spend time with family. Just in time for a holiday feast too !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't understand what you posted but congrats on raising a beautiful daughter.

What kind of optics does she use ?

nice brother! what a feeling. i haven't got my daughter (9) to kill one yet but my son killed his first wild hog with a bow when he was 9. hes now 13. we hunt regularly.

Awesome. Staying cool under pressure is a valuable trait and 713 yds is quite a killshot.

Awesome! Finally somebody that knows how to properly raise a child. Teach them about the outdoors hunting and fishing. Not just sitting on their ass talking on their cell phones or playing video games. CONGRATS ON GREAT PARENTING!

That's an impressive shot, especially for a 15 year old. How long has she been shooting for?

What kind of optics does she use ?

She is "borrowing" my Nightforce but im thinking im not gonna get it back. She has an Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical but it wont hold zero so we traded out off my old 308

That's an impressive shot, especially for a 15 year old. How long has she been shooting for?

She has been shooting since she was 11 when we met (LONG story) we shoot together a lot , she probably put close to 1500 rounds down range a month between her pistol , AR and rifle.

She can out shoot most of the LE guys at the range on the 300 point qualification test

nice brother! what a feeling. i haven't got my daughter (9) to kill one yet but my son killed his first wild hog with a bow when he was 9. hes now 13. we hunt regularly.

She wants a bow to hunt with this next season. Whe shoots my older long bow some but it was to heavy for her

Awesome! Finally somebody that knows how to properly raise a child. Teach them about the outdoors hunting and fishing. Not just sitting on their ass talking on their cell phones or playing video games. CONGRATS ON GREAT PARENTING!

Thank you!!
We spend alot of time in the woods and on the water , both of my kids have pretty good woodsman skills and know the basics of survival if they were to get lost or stranded. Not that im some "Dooms Day Prepper" but i think that basic survival skills are somthing good to know.
Much to my horror she has a boyfriend who we have taken shooting a few times , im not sure what worries him more more , me or knowing she can outshoot him with her weak hand and seriously hurt probably kill him in a fight.:D

Buy her a nice compound bow they are fun to shoot. I used to shoot a mathews and switched to Elite after my mathews was stolen but I could not be happier with this bow. I am glad to see you having your daughter out there shooting my little one she is only 16m old I cannot wait until she gets bigger so I can take her hunting and fishing. And that is some def impressive long range shooting. I have never had anywhere to practice that at.

You just can't beat the ballistics of the heavy VLD metric rounds, 6mm 6.5mm and 7mm, all great without having to push extreme velocity.

thought this was going to be about a little 5 year old girl or something that tried to cook bacon for you but it turned out that it was nothing like that...

On the other hand...good job!

243 ai is a great caliber, for years I shot fox and coyotes out to roughly 600 yards with it. Nightforce are great optics too. I love that round too for turning chucks into a red mist. Greatvphotos thanks for sharing!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws