over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MY Bodybuilding Journey

thanks for that marvin and jrock. i appreciate the feedback. most of all it feels good that i others understand what I'm saying. For so long i never felt like anyone id ever known really understood why it is i flat the way i have and had about why i competed

thanks for that marvin and jrock. i appreciate the feedback. most of all it feels good that i others understand what I'm saying. For so long i never felt like anyone id ever known really understood why it is i flat the way i have and had about why i competed

Ok, Joshua, first I want to congratulate you on your achievements when it comes to competing. I've never competed, so I've kind of stayed out of this. But at age 44 now, I started lifting weights at 14, so I've been training for 30 years now. Of course, I too, have looked back at times with some degree of regret of all the time put in and what could have been achieved otherwise. But you know, that discipline of training consistently all these years has effects well beyond just how I look. It's helped me with in all areas of my life. Hard work, perseverance, dedication, these are all attributes that are positive for most things in life.
You are the one in control, no one can take away your physique from you, the one you worked hard for and earned. You carry that around 24/7. Many other things in life can be worked hard for and still taken away, by no fault of our own. A career can go bad from changes at the top, a marriage can go bad because the other person decides they aren't happy, etc.
I love training, but that doesn't mean that I have always done tons of sets and reps every time I train. I have a lot of stuff besides bb in my life that need attention. Sometimes a training session is just one killer set for a bodypart, so that I have time for the other things that at the time are more important.
I think what it needs to come down to, is just you and the mirror. At 6am when you wake up, or 10pm when you go to bed(whatever the times are, you get the point). Just you, not a spouse, not a bodybuilding stage for competition. That's what's important, you gotta figure out for yourself what you are happy with. As long as "happy", isn't competition day, all dry and fake tan. That's not reality, bring it down a few notches and do the things necessary for that happiness.
Once the base(which you have) is established, it really doesn't take that much training and keep the eating reasonable to stay in good shape. You owe it to yourself to maintain some to some degree what you've built over the years.
I hope some of this helps a little. I appreciate your vulnerability with the post. It's not always 100mph, sometimes it's only 50, sometimes even only 30. But don't be content with not being on the road and driving, that's just simply not an option.

Sadly, I can relate to your post so much, Balplayer, so much... and I think many here who started so young and - at the cost of everything else - gave it all to what should have just stayed a hobby, can... BB will steal your soul, and if it ever gives it back to you later in life, odds are unfortunately very high you'll find it quite damaged... :cool:

Welcome back anyway. :)

The activity is supposed to enrich your life, not take away from it. Not to mention the attitude most develop which seems to be this toxic, narcissistic way of thinking where everything is about "me". I know I was once guilty of that. It's so weird to see people lie, screw over people, and neglect others over bodybuilding? I'm not sure many even realize they're doing it until it's too late. Take back the activity/hobby that was fun to do when you first started. You'll be glad you did:).

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws