over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My BP is 134/80

I am a huge fan of Telmisartan (ARB) and Nebivolol (beta blocker). They pose virtually all health benefits with hardly any risk.

I second the telmisartan. In the mean time....try some carditone

I'll be dead soon. Back in the day, the standards were much more reasonable, but now i am a dead man walking I guess.
If I am under 140/90 I celebrate. Been this way since I was 20 years old (no gear).
My doctor says, that its normal for me, but he is in his 70's....
I feel great... He doesn't want me on any meds and he is a kidney guy... Genetics?

Hopefully you take this as educational and not confrontational.

The old standards have been proven to be wrong. See the link I posted above. a BP of 115/75 poses a lower risk of all cause mortality than anything higher. That’s just a fact. You can go many years with hypertension (systolic above 130). You will probably go many more years without it.

I'll be dead soon. Back in the day, the standards were much more reasonable, but now i am a dead man walking I guess.
If I am under 140/90 I celebrate. Been this way since I was 20 years old (no gear).
My doctor says, that its normal for me, but he is in his 70's....
I feel great... He doesn't want me on any meds and he is a kidney guy... Genetics?

I'm far from a doctor but I see a red flag with those numbers. How old are you btw? I would seriously consider getting on an ace inhibitor. Why live with hypertension when you don't have to?

OP, you need to buy a blood pressure monitor at home to get more accurate readings. Simply checking every once in awhile at a doctor’s office is only going to drive you crazy. It’s unfortunate your doctor is as ignorant as many are when it comes to this.

I have an Omron monitor but the cuff is too small. I can't seem to find one that goes above 17" except for a thigh cuff. My wife is a nurse so I really don't even need a cuff that's compatible with the monitor, just one that fits and she can check it manually. Do you guys use a thigh cuff or what?

I have an Omron monitor but the cuff is too small. I can't seem to find one that goes above 17" except for a thigh cuff. My wife is a nurse so I really don't even need a cuff that's compatible with the monitor, just one that fits and she can check it manually. Do you guys use a thigh cuff or what?

Just get a large cuff and remember that arm measurements are not measured flex, just extended. Definitely take your own measurements because I have white coat syndrom and always measure high a doctor's but am under 120/80 at home where I can relax and follow American Heart associations recommendation on taking a proper reading.

This article highlights the importance of around the clock BP monitoring
Around-the-Clock Blood-Pressure Control - Life Extension

Life Source monitor w/ large (or xtra large if you're a monster) cuff is accurate. Omron 10 series is also accurate. I own both.

There was another I also tried that I returned that gave the same readings as the other two but I forgot which one. All three gave mostly identical readings so for practical reasons, I like Life Source since it's fastest to use.

My BP runs about 110/75 or so. It is only when it gets down to about 90/60 or so that I feel bad. It was down that low at the hospital before and after the operation. I don't know why it was so low. Goes against reason because I was off my beta blocker and ACE inhibitor for 24 hours or more.

Your BP would be considered boarderline now, and in the past it would be considered normal. I would do something to get it down. Is is that high when you are off the juice or is that when you are on? That makes a difference for sure.

Always better to err on the side of caution. Remember, the old man pays for what the young man does.

I'd be happy with 135/80 but that's me...try carditone on amazon...its a staple sup for me..ill never stop using it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I do everything I can to keep BP low. Unfortunately I'm a lot bigger now. I'm carrying 240 on a heart made to carry 180-200.

A great dane doesn't live as long as a little terrier

I do everything I can to keep BP low. Unfortunately I'm a lot bigger now. I'm carrying 240 on a heart made to carry 180-200.

A great dane doesn't live as long as a little terrier

true but do you see yourself carrying those numbers all your life?

Well I'm still very young and still focusing on growing. I'd like to carry as much weight as my BP, cholesterol and liver markers will allow without going too into the red.

Right now my BP sits aroind 125/85. It used to be like 110/65 when I was small.

All too often there's errors with BP readings such as body posture, cuff placement/size, ect. Even a full bladder can give inaccurate readings. A one time reading isn't conclusive for HTN. Unless astronomically high, obviously.

**broken link removed**

I am a huge fan of Telmisartan (ARB) and Nebivolol (beta blocker). They pose virtually all health benefits with hardly any risk.

Can the telmisartan be used alongside lisinopril? I need to get on a second med as it’s not lowering with just lisinopril.

UK guy so not sure if all the drugs are different names.

Can the telmisartan be used alongside lisinopril? I need to get on a second med as it’s not lowering with just lisinopril.

UK guy so not sure if all the drugs are different names.
No, you can't combine them since they act through the same mechanism. Instead, you could look into cardioselective beta blockers such as Nebivolol. PDE5 inhibitors like Tadalafil may be worth considering, too.

Hopefully you take this as educational and not confrontational.

The old standards have been proven to be wrong. See the link I posted above. a BP of 115/75 poses a lower risk of all cause mortality than anything higher. That’s just a fact. You can go many years with hypertension (systolic above 130). You will probably go many more years without it.

No worries brother. I understand its quite serious. Back in the day when thought I was a bodybuilder, I used on 20mg lisinopril/day and that kept me around 130/80.
I am no longer using the lisinopril or large doses of anything. I have to do an hour of cardio nearly every morning, take my health supps and eat like a bird to stay in the 130/80 range. Hopefully, it will continue to drop as my weight goes down.

All drugs have negative side effects!!! Pick a drug. To take a blood pressure drug with 120/80 blood pressure is ridiculous!
Common side effects of lisinopril include:
Cough.
Dizziness.
Headache.
Extreme tiredness.
Nausea.
Diarrhea.
Weakness.
Sneezing.

I have to agree with you on this one. With a BP of 120/80 no way I would take any BP meds and even at 130/80 I probably still wouldn't. I would think with numbers like those you could do things naturally to lower your numbers like losing some weight and adding some Beet Root capsules to your regimen. I've been on a variety of BP meds off and on over the past 20 years and I've never experienced a single one without negative side effects. Some severe and others not so bad but still negative side effects.

I have to agree with you on this one. With a BP of 120/80 no way I would take any BP meds and even at 130/80 I probably still wouldn't. I would think with numbers like those you could do things naturally to lower your numbers like losing some weight and adding some Beet Root capsules to your regimen. I've been on a variety of BP meds off and on over the past 20 years and I've never experienced a single one without negative side effects. Some severe and others not so bad but still negative side effects.

Im just curious. Have you ever taken telmisartan( micardis) for blood pressure? If so what sides did you expierence while taking it?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131