over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My bros/pros 4 deadlift video- 22 reps

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Not going to lie and say I'm happy with my lift, but I had a great time. I couldn't have beaten the winner that day. It's just one of those movements that you either have it or you don't, which was nice because there really was no argument as to who won. I hit 22 reps. The winner got 26.

Once again it was fantastic time. The people at this gym really took care of the athletes and everybody had a great time.

Diego from Dave's crew is a really cool dude... and Mr. G I must say (even though he's a total nutbar) is the kind of guy that needs to be the gym teacher of a middle school or something. The guy just seems to have this happy energy. If you can't crack a smile at this guy, you have no sense of humor.

They did a great job. I wish more people would have showed. If the next lift is in my area of expertise, I'll try again. Good vibes the whole day. Very entertaining.

YouTube - CLIP0019.AVI

good work Dave.
what is the max number of reps did you get while training?

I didn't change the way I trained, so I'd train my heavy set to all out failure, then do a back off with 405... so I never really counted it.

I pulled 6 plates for 7 on Monday, so I felt pretty good coming into the meet... but I gassed. Looks like I need to work on a few things!

Everybody did a great job. I don't think there were any competitors that didn't give a good showing in their own way at the competition.

nice dave!!!

i couldnt make it

but i did deadlift yesterday and pulled 22 also!!!

from a previous 19.... 10 days ago

good shit man.....wish i could have made it over there

i'm on the island......so maybe on the next one

:)

whens the bros vs hos competition? id like some back angle squats from there

Awesome!

That was awesome Big Dave.

Brutal and awesome!

The rules were NO STOPPING AT THE BOTTOM! Period, end of story. I think most of us would have squeezed out more if we could have taken a few breather reps.

The women were allowed to take a 3 second pause because the first girl paused to regrip a few times and the soviet experiment of a manlady (whatever the pro female's name was) started throwing a hissy fit.

The men were switched to no pauses.

Told myself "just lift it until the bar won't go up"... but then again, that's what DC training is. Some of those powerlifter guys gassed out EARLY. The athletic guys did a better job than they did.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's all very motivating. Someday I'd like to be as good as a Shelby, Mountaindog, Homonunculus, Dusty, and about 50 people on this board who are way better bodybuilders than I am!

Very Very impressive, be proud of your accomplishment!!!!!!!!

great lifts buddy. the video is great but lemme tell you guys who havent seen dave train in person, its a sight. ive trained with several elite bodybuilders and powerlifters in the last 15yrs and never before have i seen a guy with the form tightness dave has. let alone the sheer power he generates within the lift.

ive been friends with him for a number of years and have watched him explode from 220lbs up to basically what can be described as a block of granite the size of a small house. one of the few guys that inspires other dudes to train harder to emulate him.

bro that was very impressive.. and like the others said, youre looking pretty thick there too man.. big props to ya bro..

Thanks guys.

Taz, one of these days we're going to have to get on the mat. I need to practice first. I'm working on this killer move to stop anything you're going to do to me. It's called "tapping out". LOL. Just don't bust my nose this time! I can't wait until you step into the cage someday. I'll certainly be there.

I'm sure I'll see you at the gym soon. You can meet my girlfriend too. She'll most likely be there as well. Hope everything is going great.

Great work bro. My best is 12, So I have a ways to go to catch up

nice work and very strict, every last one was good no poor hunch back syndrome nothing pure power. excellento. i could do about 6-9 then that would be it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws