advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My brothers with Colitis what do you do?

funny thing my flare started after my show too, i droped all gear, cold turkey and stayed only on TRT dosage

i think tapering down would be better choice ... doing short blast soon will try it tappering slowly down all gear after blast , good luck to me :eek:

Last edited:
I hear ya man. Does this mean maybe after a show come off the drugs slowly like a taper to avoid it next time?

it may lessen it.
or it may prolong it.
the whole process of the prep is going to lead to a process of reversal.
this may or may not be doable but if in the off season you workd on diet/health/immunity it may take longer but it may also deliver a better result over all in the end...

Yes the glutamine in high doses works for sure! I’ve experienced severe intestinal inflammation and no drug or doctors advice helped it.
Taper up to 40 grams of glutamine per day and stay at that for a week then taper back down
I also recommend fasting... gives your gut a chance to repair
Glutamine severely irritated my UC. i felt best when I was on a low carb, high protein diet.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

funny thing my flare started after my show too, i droped all gear, cold turkey and stayed only on TRT dosage

i think tapering down would be better choice ... doing short blast soon will try it tappering slowly down all gear after blast , good luck to me

Keep me posted man I hope you beat it too

Interesting on the glutamine guys

I agree with gettingbigger that Higher Protein / Low Carb diet has worked best for me with control. However unlike him the Glutamine works for me. Give it a try but i've found with glutamine you really have to dose it high for any kind of benefit.

This hit home so had to chime in...

Managing stress (easier said than done) is most important

VSL #3 Probiotic (highly recommend)

Hormones in check, TRT is actually recommended in some studies as UC patients have low testosterone levels (significance of level depends on severity/activity of disease). Europe seems to be more open to utilizing testosterone in conjunction with treatment vs U.S.

TRT dose will aid in nutrient absorption as well, since we are already prone to not absorbing nutrients as efficiently with UC.

Asacol will keep inflammation at bay once in remission, very difficult to put a flare into remission with Asacol alone. (IMO)

Brain/Gut connection is huge, I think once you manage to find a balance on how to deal with your "triggers" (everyone has different ones), it will make a huge difference. Took me over 12 years to figure this out and was on the verge of losing my colon. Now, I eat clean (but don't stress if I can't stick to diet 100%), lift to reduce stress, and learned to REST and not over train. After years and years of immunosuppressants, I finally was able to kick those.

Keep positive brother, you're not alone and the journey can be rough, but coming from someone who was about to get their colon removed, to now maintaining with Asacol....managing stress can definitely make a world of difference!

Also stay away from alcohol as it will kill off your positive gut bacteria. Hope this helps and always here to help!

Wish you all the best

Hormones in check, TRT is actually recommended in some studies as UC patients have low testosterone levels (significance of level depends on severity/activity of disease). Europe seems to be more open to utilizing testosterone in conjunction with treatment vs U.S.

TRT dose will aid in nutrient absorption as well, since we are already prone to not absorbing nutrients as efficiently with UC.

Asacol will keep inflammation at bay once in remission, very difficult to put a flare into remission with Asacol alone. (IMO)

Brain/Gut connection is huge, I think once you manage to find a balance on how to deal with your "triggers" (everyone has different ones), it will make a huge difference. Took me over 12 years to figure this out and was on the verge of losing my colon. Now, I eat clean (but don't stress if I can't stick to diet 100%), lift to reduce stress, and learned to REST and not over train. After years and years of immunosuppressants, I finally was able to kick those.

Keep positive brother, you're not alone and the journey can be rough, but coming from someone who was about to get their colon removed, to now maintaining with Asacol....managing stress can definitely make a world of difference!

Also stay away from alcohol as it will kill off your positive gut bacteria. Hope this helps and always here to help!

Wish you all the best

Do you use this VSL #3 Probiotic daily? I have read/heard it works great, but it's also expensive. Do you use it daily or only during certain phases?

I've battled with uc for a long time.

I cut down to a paleo diet to get it under control, then added foods here and there until I figured out exactly what I could and could not do.

Everyone will be a little different. Glutamine, probiotics, and other things that work for other people put me into a flare up.

For me, a very basic diet, keeping it very consistent is what works. Any deviation messes me up for days or weeks.

Once I found out what I could or could not eat, I used those foods to count macros, and I've been happy with my progress from there.

#27 (permalink) Report Post
Unread Today, 12:55 AM
Newbie Registered Member

Good info man and thank you!

Do you use this VSL #3 Probiotic daily? I have read/heard it works great, but it's also expensive. Do you use it daily or only during certain phases?

Yes it's ridiculously overpriced, however, the way I to try and look at it is I'd rather pay for VSL#3 than pay for putting immunosuppressants into my body with come with their whole list of sides.

If you get the sachets it works out to be cheaper than the pills. Now, I'll take 1/4-1/2 satchet a day. There was a time where i was taking 4-6 of them a day for a month in order to build up a nice wall of flora before I stopped taking my immunosuppressants.

Granted all of this was discussed with my GI doc beforehand, although he didn't agree. You should keep your GI doc informed when you decide to modify your meds. I made a deal with him that if I flared I'd agree to switch over to biologics.

One last note, if you are taking any oral meds for your UC/Chrons I highly recommend Synthetek's Liver Aid. It kept my enzymes on the lower end as the Imuran naturally causes them to raise and can cause liver damage to some.

Hope all this helps gentlemen and take care!

Yes it's ridiculously overpriced, however, the way I to try and look at it is I'd rather pay for VSL#3 than pay for putting immunosuppressants into my body with come with their whole list of sides.

If you get the sachets it works out to be cheaper than the pills. Now, I'll take 1/4-1/2 satchet a day. There was a time where i was taking 4-6 of them a day for a month in order to build up a nice wall of flora before I stopped taking my immunosuppressants.

Granted all of this was discussed with my GI doc beforehand, although he didn't agree. You should keep your GI doc informed when you decide to modify your meds. I made a deal with him that if I flared I'd agree to switch over to biologics.

One last note, if you are taking any oral meds for your UC/Chrons I highly recommend Synthetek's Liver Aid. It kept my enzymes on the lower end as the Imuran naturally causes them to raise and can cause liver damage to some.

Hope all this helps gentlemen and take care!

Thanks for sharing that info. I don't have any digestion issues, but am a huge believer in probiotics. Taking 1/4 to 1/2 satchet a day is a great idea. I never thought about it.

Thanks for sharing that info. I don't have any digestion issues, but am a huge believer in probiotics. Taking 1/4 to 1/2 satchet a day is a great idea. I never thought about it.

Of course brother! Yes, you are absolutely correct, taking the VSL#3 just for general health is definitely a wise investment in yourself!

I recently started with TAD-600 and looking forward to all of its benefits I hear about!

Probiotics made my UC worse when I took it.

Probiotics made my UC worse when I took it.

Really?? Wow, that's interesting and the first I have personally heard that. Hmm I wonder if it was expired or not kept in the fridge?

If you decide to give the VSL3 a shot make sure to keep it in the fridge, they should also have it refrigerated in the back of the pharmacy. It does take a couple weeks to build up in your system and is not by any means a miracle over night.

If you decide to give it another shot definitely keep us in the loop, I find this rather interesting.

Take care!

I used VLS3 and it is a quality product. It didn't take me out of a flare but was great for control and general gut health.Digest Gold digestive enzymes are also very helpful

Really?? Wow, that's interesting and the first I have personally heard that. Hmm I wonder if it was expired or not kept in the fridge?

If you decide to give the VSL3 a shot make sure to keep it in the fridge, they should also have it refrigerated in the back of the pharmacy. It does take a couple weeks to build up in your system and is not by any means a miracle over night.

If you decide to give it another shot definitely keep us in the loop, I find this rather interesting.

Take care!

My doctor said it's pretty unusual but I never take probiotics anymore, I only take Apriso (4) 0.375G Capsules per day

I used VLS3 and it is a quality product. It didn't take me out of a flare but was great for control and general gut health.Digest Gold digestive enzymes are also very helpful

Probiotics are overrated. It will not restore gastrointestinal hormones such as Gastrin, Cholecystokinin, Secretin, Ghrelin, Motilin, and will not restore the length of the villi.

Probiotics are overrated. It will not restore gastrointestinal hormones such as Gastrin, Cholecystokinin, Secretin, Ghrelin, Motilin, and will not restore the length of the villi.

Emeric, what would you recommend to maintain gut health? You have a vast amount of knowledge and would love to hear any recommendations/suggestions you have regarding U.C.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws