YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My brothers with Colitis what do you do?

Quadlife

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
Registered
Guys with colitis please share your experiences and what you do to beat the flares etc let’s hear some stories and success. I’m running outa options

Remicade worked for 3.5 years, humira made it worse and Entyvio didn’t do anything I gotta fix this.

Anyone used SCD diet w success?

Most people just let it go until it turns into another "disease" with another name. I don't know what to tell you, except I don't think that the "medical establishment" has it's mind wrapped around the whole issue.

Lialda, uceris and or prednisone to stop the flair. Avoid sugar once flair subsides. Stay away from NSAIDS and asprin

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Lialda, uceris and or prednisone to stop the flair. Avoid sugar once flair subsides. Stay away from NSAIDS and asprin

Curcumin, slippery elm and
NAC also really helped me

Always heard glutamine was good for the gut....and have read some studies referencing this.

Plus a lot of forums where people suffer with this expressed that it actually made a difference.

Maybe look into that?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I have Chron's but the same information applies. I take remicade every 8 weeks through infusion. For the most part this has kept me in remission. For me High Dose gluatmine is great. 40g of Glutamine per day has been two fold. It allows me to go lower on carbs while not having sugar cravings and also i can tell my gut is functioning better.

Use a low inflammatory diet and include supplements like tumeric. From my experience gear does not make it worse nor does getting bigger if your not out stuffing your face and do it with in reason.

Always heard glutamine was good for the gut....and have read some studies referencing this.

Plus a lot of forums where people suffer with this expressed that it actually made a difference.

Maybe look into that?

In the end, my lady friend just thinks it's great that I'm just blabbing all over the internet. That's all that matters. I beat them at every issue.

I've had UC for 23 years got it when I was 15, I have great success with using Asacol for 20yrs and have switched to Apriso for the last 3yrs do to insurance.

I have been on prescription HRT for 6+ years but have been taking AAS on/off for the last 14yrs.

I have small flare ups periodically but nothing major diet is what ever I want and I have been extremely lucky and blessed that I have had great success on the medication I have used.

.Lialda, uceris and or prednisone to stop the flair. Avoid sugar once flair subsides. Stay away from NSAIDS and asprin

ahh good deal, yea im sure il have to do a prednisone run soon, same thing happened almost a year ago to the day

good call on the low sugar

Maybe look into that?

yea I normally take glutamine, never taken as much as 40g a day though maybe thats what I need to try

.I've had UC for 23 years got it when I was 15, I have great success with using Asacol for 20yrs and have switched to Apriso for the last 3yrs do to insurance.

I have been on prescription HRT for 6+ years but have been taking AAS on/off for the last 14yrs.

I have small flare ups periodically but nothing major diet is what ever I want and I have been extremely lucky and blessed that I have had great success on the medication I have used.

glad you're doing better man; good to know

Green juices can be very helpful in repairing the gut, as well as improving inflammatiin
Juicing and Smoothies for Colitis
Using a masticating juicer is the best method. Will remove the insoluble fiber, and bathe the intestines in a concentration of healing, anti-inflammatory nutrients that will put little to no digestive stress to an already compromised system.. Extremely healing for the entire body, but the gut in particular.

Like you I have exhausted almost every option over the 17+ years I've had cronhs and UC. Currently on Entyvio every 8 weeks via infusion and methotrexate (only using for a few months) injection once weekly.

I'm nowhere close to "normal", but my "normal" is not the same as others. With that being said, life is very managable these days, the best its been since I can remember.

JUST MY OPINION but what has worked best for me is a strong combo of drugs to force remission and then coast on lower/less drugs.

Clean, healthy diet is crucial. Is mine perfect? No, far from it, but I also know what to expect and you just have to find a managable medium. Its the only choice we have until hopefully a cure one day.

Good luck

UC for 4 years
How to combat flare for me: TRT , Low dosage Deca, HGH, Curcumin, Nac, Probiotics, Mesalamine, 15g Glutamine 2x/day on empty stomach

BPC-157 did nothing for me, IGF1 was better choice but still HGH was best

Right now in remission no meds, just on TRT + HGH with supss(Curcumin,Probiotics,etc.)

Do you guys find that any foods trigger a bad flare? I came off prep 5 weeks ago and now terrible flare, the only 2 things that have changed are came down to trt, added 2 cheat meals a week some with sugar- inflammatory; and added carb powders back in . Previously my only carb source was white rice. I can’t imagine karbolyn or waxy super inflammatory I dunno? Same thing happened a year ago. Came off prep, down to trt within 6 weeks started flaring bad

Last edited:
Do you guys find that any foods trigger a bad flare? I came off prep 5 weeks ago and now terrible flare, the only 2 things that have changed are came down to trt, added 2 cheat meals a week some with sugar- inflammatory; and added carb powders back in . Previously my only carb source was white rice. I can’t imagine karbolyn or waxy super inflammatory I dunno? Same thing happened a year ago. Came off prep, down to trt within 6 weeks started flaring bad

bro all this shit going haywire right now because you just did your show and came off everything, its flaring up as your body sort of fights for homeomstasis.

its gona get better with time. but you will flare up kinda bad for a min. if you panic and start with drugs to combat the flare you will basically just surpress it, which means its gona come back and probably worse.

the problem is you want to go in two different directions. to "fix" it i think largely you would have to chill out with a lot of this and even still its gona be a life long thing, there is no "cure" only remission and % of.

you can take things that MAY help your body and MAY allow you to function at the level you want with minor irritation but thats a big maybe, thee is no for sure answer.

LK3

Any ideas here? I know bpc 157 is supposed to help on paper

besides the things mentioned i think high dose theanine may help in the long run.

there are lots of things that MAY help, lol

i dislike the listing game, but i feel theanine has merit. lol

Last edited:
. bro all this shit going haywire right now because you just did your show and came off everything, its flaring up as your body sort of fights for homeomstasis.

its gona get better with time. but you will flare up kinda bad for a min. if you panic and start with drugs to combat the flare you will basically just surpress it, which means its gona come back and probably worse.

the problem is you want to go in two different directions. to "fix" it i think largely you would have to chill out with a lot of this and even still its gona be a life long thing, there is no "cure" only remission and % of.

you can take things that MAY help your body and MAY allow you to function at the level you want with minor irritation but thats a big maybe, thee is no for sure answer..

I hear ya man. Does this mean maybe after a show come off the drugs slowly like a taper to avoid it next time?

Maybe look into that?

Yes the glutamine in high doses works for sure! I’ve experienced severe intestinal inflammation and no drug or doctors advice helped it.
Taper up to 40 grams of glutamine per day and stay at that for a week then taper back down
I also recommend fasting... gives your gut a chance to repair

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner