over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My CKD log.

Emery

Kilo Klub Member
I am on Day 8 of my CKD diet. I had a refeed day on day 7, which was much needed. I am going to keep track of my progress on this thread.

I am 5 - 9 and started at 248 pounds. I have always been a permabulker and used the excuse that I was "more of a power-lifter than a bodybuilder" for many years. I have been lifting on and off since about 1995. I have been completely dedicated for the past 2 years and have gained 30 pounds over the last year.

I have had a goal of competing in a bodybuilding show since I was a teenager but never had the dedication to stick with the strict diet that it takes. I know about discipline as I am a former Marine, and am successful in my career but now is my time to accomplish my personal dream and goal of becoming a competitive bodybuilder.

I am sitting at around 20% bodyfat or was at the start of my diet. I have gotten pretty strong over the last 2 years and recently pulled 585 for 4 on deadlifts and recently benched 405 clean. My squat is a work in progress but I am repping 405 for 6 clean reps. I am in my late 30s.

My goal is to run this diet for as long as I can. I am still learning about dieting and approximately 6 months out from my first bodybuilding competition. I am blessed to have a patient family that are understanding of my goal. They are supportive and usually give me a break when I am being an emotional asshole due to carb depletion, etc.

After my first week of CKD, I am down 10 pounds. Lots of water weight I'm sure. I ran a similar diet about 5 years ago and dropped 30 pounds in my first 30 days, the difference this time is that I am keeping myself much more "anabolic" this time around. I have been hitting up several members here for advice and Tenny has been awesome with helping me along with my beginner questions.

So, I will keep this log updated several times per week as a record of how things are going. I will be posting pics at some point. I do have some pics posted in the photo section but they are not the clearest or the best quality. I will get some decent photos up when I am able to do so.

Excellent. I'll be watching. I'm glad you're dropping the "permabulker" mentality.

Nothing is harder than dieting, especially in a country like America, IMO. I go to a Gold's and I see a loooooot of big strong men. But lean guys? No. That's rare. I've been there for months and the only lean people I see are the female trainers. They're ripped up.

Perfect. This will be a good way to have experienced members help you tweak your diet as you go.
You should post the time you eat and what you eat as well as volume/weight of the foods.

Love this diet and have not done it in probably 8+ years but will be doing one sometime in 2011. It is an awesome diet and the results are outstanding especially when you are having the help of AAS to keep the muscle on. You will totally recomp your body if you do it right. Would be curious to see what you are eating and how you are training then how you do the carb day.

I will post up a typical day diet and my training soon.

Thanks for the input! Looking forward to the weeks to come!

Today...

Meal 1: Chicken breast with 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 cup veges
Total of 26 grams protein and 4 grams carbs

Meal 2: 56 grams protein whey shake
Total of 56 grams protein and 8 grams carbs

Meal 3: same as 1st

Meal 4: 56 grams whey protein shake, handfull of almonds
Total of 64 grams protein and 14 grams carbs,

Meal 5: same as 1st

Meal 6: 1 cup cottage cheese 4%
Total of 24 grams protein and 8 grams of carbs

Total carbs for day = 42 grams, 18 of those are from veges/nuts, if that makes a difference. 222 grams of protein total.

I also take 3000mg fish oil per day, spread out through the day and 1000mg of flax oil per day.

I did 30 minutes of moderate cardio today in the morning on empty stomach.

Do I need to cut more carbs out? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Morning fasted cardio and sub 50 carbs. You're gonna drop some fat, son. :headbang:

I think you should bump your protein up to 3oo grams & your fats up to 80-100 (fish oil, macadamia nut oil, olive oil)

Your carbs are fine and low enough.

I'm 130 lbs LBM and I keto'd at 200 protein, 60 fat, 30 carbs and I know you are bigger than me. You don't want to burn muscle by dieting with to low of protein. It spares muscle.

Where's the fat? Do you have an estimated fat intake for the day? Need to get some flax oil (1-2 tablespoons) or something else in those shakes and up the fat intake. There is no need for turkey bacon, you only used that on a low fat diet, go for the good stuff on this diet, real bacon. I know it is a low carb diet but it is a high fat diet also, that is really the key. Your meals seem very lean and dare I say too lean, get some nice burgers in there, hit up McDonalds and get a bacon double cheeseburger and throw away the bread, etc etc. If your fat is too low you will not survive on this diet and quite frankly it just won't work and at 248lbs you are not eating enough cals, definitely up the protein too. You should be at 100-150gms of fat per day IMHO and to be honest a lot of people will say you need more. If you did 300gms of protein a day, 150gms of fat, 40 gms carbs that is liek 2600 cals per day. You can play with the fat and protein intake, vary it but I think you are too low right now on both protein and fat.

Where's the fat? Do you have an estimated fat intake for the day? Need to get some flax oil (1-2 tablespoons) or something else in those shakes and up the fat intake. There is no need for turkey bacon, you only used that on a low fat diet, go for the good stuff on this diet, real bacon. I know it is a low carb diet but it is a high fat diet also, that is really the key. Your meals seem very lean and dare I say too lean, get some nice burgers in there, hit up McDonalds and get a bacon double cheeseburger and throw away the bread, etc etc. If your fat is too low you will not survive on this diet and quite frankly it just won't work and at 248lbs you are not eating enough cals, definitely up the protein too. You should be at 100-150gms of fat per day IMHO and to be honest a lot of people will say you need more. If you did 300gms of protein a day, 150gms of fat, 40 gms carbs that is liek 2600 cals per day. You can play with the fat and protein intake, vary it but I think you are too low right now on both protein and fat.

Yeah, I was worried about that. I will up the fats and protein. Today I hit
300+ grams of protein. How many miligrams of fish oil? I am currently taking in 3000mg of fish oil and 2400mg of flax oil.

Also, hit back, traps, and biceps tonight... After, did 20 minutes of moderate cardio keeping my heart rate in the 130 range (average). I felt pretty good throughout my workout but gassed out pretty bad during cardio... Got light headed and pale.

Total carbs in today was 38. I used real peperoni on 2 meals of chicken breast and in the morning I had ham and cheese.

I was wondering, since I am over 15% BF, I have read that it is better to do a refeed day every 15 days... Any merit to this?

Thanks all for your feedback! You guys are great. I will say that I am doing better with this diet this time around. Last time I felt like death... Maybe upping the fats will help!

Think of your refeed as stoking a furnace. It's like throwing coal on a fire to your metabolism. It keeps it fired up and burning calories by giving itt calories.

Also your leptin levels will be dropping al week. A high carb, lo fat re-eed will boost your leptin & keep you from hitting a plateau.

So refeed once a week.

I've added more fat...

The carb cravings get worse as the week goes by...

30 minutes cardio
300+ grams prot
150 grams fats
<30 grams carbs

Gonna refeed on Sunday but gonna do it smart. Down 11 pounds since start of CKD. Seems like legs are leaning out first! I know I gotta stay dedicated and realize that I am big, but carrying a lot of fat! I just hope I have some size after this! I was able to finish my bent over rows yesterday at 325lbs for 8 clean reps but I gassed out bad towards the end of my workout.

Surviving carb cravings builds character like nothing else. A true mental battle if I've ever experienced one.

I sincerely hope you don't mindfuck yourself out of losing the fat when you get smaller and smaller. If you're like every other weight lifter in the history of ever, you have overestimated the amount of fat-free mass you have. So there will be a degree of disappointment. I just hope you get through that initial disappointment and realize you're doing the right thing.

Rooting for you. 11 pounds gone? That's what I'm talkin' bout.

NO!!!!!!.......hes prepping for a show
and is admittingly high in bf%
hes gonna need to be uncomfortable
and suffer for a little while

.......emery please do NOT take this advise please......

and i'm sure NYmusle meant well....but he did NOT know your prepping
(at least i HOPE so):eek:

Well shit...

NO!!!!!!.......hes prepping for a show
and is admittingly high in bf%
hes gonna need to be uncomfortable
and suffer for a little while

.......emery please do NOT take this advise please......

and i'm sure NYmusle meant well....but he did NOT know your prepping
(at least i HOPE so):eek:

So, Tenny, what do you think on fats? Refeed days? How often on refeed?

So, Tenny, what do you think on fats? Refeed days? How often on refeed?

i "refeed" (if thats what you wanna call it) twice a week
when lean

YOU 20%bf and 9??10??? weeks out??......dont even think about it

a good base line for your current cal intake
would be 100g for fats

lower carb days you can go up
higher carb days dont go over 100

but to honest

you should ALREADY have the plan
in stone

Last edited:
The show I'm doing is in May, so I've got more time than that. May 11 I believe, muscle mayhem in KC.

ok.......always be ready ahead of time

NEVER play last minute catch up

may 11 is plenty of time, i thought you were doing the other show:eek:

:)

Yeah, the other show looked great but was farther away distance-wise and I felt it was too close time-wise for me to realistically be ready.

Man, I tell ya... I am starving today... It seems that day by day, the deeper you get into ketosis, the stronger the cravings get. I can eat a good sized portion of say eggs, cheese and turkey bacon but am craving carbs of any sort. I guess this is my body mind-fuckin me... I will stick to my plan but damn, I think the extra muscle I have put on makes me get even hungrier? I don't know... Just havin one of those days I guess...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws