MY COMPETITON THOUGHTS

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer

Last edited:
John....it certainly seems like you have your priorities in order. There is nothing more important than family (unconditional love). Stay healthy and be happy. Do whatever you have to do in order to accomplish this. Much respect and admiration for you.

Keep on keeping on...

Huge respect for you John- I am 49 and no where near your caliber, and I read your threads instantly (the old ones w/ you and Phil were some fun- it seems like that is over now).

I hope you continue doing what you love to do w/o hurting loved ones. I don't think Phil's thread was even thinking about you; you have crazy muscularity AND leaness (of rourse we always have to add "for your age" LOL- but damn you look great).

I'm so glad you stuck around here after the initial thread or two that went sideways...

Eric

Well I'll tell ya. I read that thread and believed it was directed at me and it crushed me. We all know Phil pulls no punches good or bad. We all want to be the best that we can be and in that quest some lines can become blurred to say the least. Chasing striated gluts are things that I associate with a truly finished prep.
I will admit to you all there have been moments of extreme emotional swings, uncontrollable night sweats and freezing. I wish I could be one of these gifted guys like B-Boy(Brad) that can say with truth the small amounts of vitamins they take but I can't.

I have just returned from having a full blood panel pulled this morning. By mid week I should have a much better idea of the imbalances in my body.

As you guys may know Phil has openly offered to sponsor me with anything I wanted for this show. I turned him down and thanked him. I told him I would rather be a friend than a parasite to his company. He later contacted me offering me the stuff at cost then.
This is how this got started. I honestly told him that I may not be able to keep the wheels on the program at this point and went on to tell him things and thoughts I don't want to share with you. I hope you can respect that.

Phil has turned out to be a person of significantly more substance and deserving of much more respect than I have ever shown him.
I truly mean this with all clarity of mind. The facts are I sent him money to be a client and just did his workout. I never gave his diet a chance and that's because of my vary nature. I think I got it all figured out myself. WRONG! I'M A FUCKIG IDIOT!

I apologize to you Phil for absolutely every negative thing I have ever said or implied on this forum. I irreversibly take it back! Do you realise that within an hour of my posting that on the previous thread Phil was leaving a message on my work phone trying to comm me down? He didn't even know if he had the correct phone # But said if this is the John from PM call me back ASAP at___#

The concern and advise that Phil is showing me comes with no price tag. He is an individual and mentor at PM that we should all appreciate.

Having said all this. Alex is well aware of me and whats going on. He is trying to keep me together ( The common thread between both Phil and Alex is that they BOTH reminded me how important my wife is and that life comes way before this shit.) If there is anything to take away from this long winded rant it's that.
But don't forget Alex is doing a job I have paid him for. Prep me! He has brought the best out of me that I have ever been. I'm not "jumping ship". Phil even said "don't get any crazy ideas about changing trainers". He said he just doesn't like what he is seeing in the pics and whats coming out of my head. This isn't what BBing is about and it just shouldn't be this painful or no one would do it.

Thank you all for the positive things and the support in the previous thread. I know you all meant well regardless of what you said.

I have so much respect for the guys that can truly take this shit to the top floor. Standing in the elevator looking at the panel "I know I want to go up but so many buttons to push,what buttons and which order to push them in?"
I have taken something that was fun and rewarding and melted down doing it. I hope there is something here you guys can take away from this manuscript of madness. Thanks for your time.

CG John Fitzpatrick
man john great post bro! and what i highlighted in bold i have felt many times when i started this crazy ass hobby, it truly doesn't have to be so hard, its just takes tons of discipline, more than i ever dreamed off. take a few days off the diet, relax, spend some time with your wife and then get your second wind and push to the show "granted everything is good health wise" if you are experiencing any health problems then pull the breaks and get everything back to normal and just enjoy some much needed down time and LOVE LIFE.

I am so happy you have now got to know the phil I know, always going out of his way to help people. the guy is freakin great.

Thanks B

man john great post bro! and what i highlighted in bold i have felt many times when i started this crazy ass hobby, it truly doesn't have to be so hard, its just takes tons of discipline, more than i ever dreamed off. take a few days off the diet, relax, spend some time with your wife and then get your second wind and push to the show "granted everything is good health wise" if you are experiencing any health problems then pull the breaks and get everything back to normal and just enjoy some much needed down time and LOVE LIFE.

I am so happy you have now got to know the phil I know, always going out of his way to help people. the guy is freakin great.

I dont let too many peeps know me though............thats gotta change I suppose, ahhahhaha

Concreteguy

I am here to assist you...........in any way..........with any question........any time.....Alex is calling the shots, I am just here to assist......I just want you to know it takes a special mentality to get to where you are now........know this..........the hard part is OVER.............YOU DID IT! Now, relax and cruise into the show............even put on a few pounds of muscle........youll see! PM on the way

CG, we all are behind you. Hit me up anytime as well. Bodybuilding doesn't have be painful, it does take a special discipline, but keep the enjoyment in it. The mind is just as powerful as the body. Keeping them both healthy and fresh is the key to this whole BB game.

Take care and as B-boy and Phil said, take a few days off, it will be good for you, the family, body, and mind.

Last edited:
CG just know that you're not alone. So many people feel this way and are u happy at times, but only the strong will pull through. I've never competed or even came close, but I have had a really bad year that has basically pulled me out of the gym. I've even paid Phil for his services, but unfortunately I did not stay motivated to even make it a quarter of the way due to all the personal stress in my life. I've never been a quitter, but man do I feel like a huge failure for not finishing something that I started. Sorry for the rant, but my point is that you look awesome and there is life outside of body building.... Take care of the number one priority which should be you and your family. I just hope that one day I can get my head on straight and get motivated like I use to be. As the others said you're ahead of schedule so take it easy and enjoy the rest of your prep. Good luck to you, Alex, and Phil.

Good!

I dont let too many peeps know me though............thats gotta change I suppose, ahhahhaha

Because I plan to come out there soon to train for a few days! :D

You have two well qualified trainers on your side. You are very respected here and anything you decide will be supported and respected. Best to you. I'm glad you are on this board.

I am here to assist you...........in any way..........with any question........any time.....Alex is calling the shots, I am just here to assist......I just want you to know it takes a special mentality to get to where you are now........know this..........the hard part is OVER.............YOU DID IT! Now, relax and cruise into the show............even put on a few pounds of muscle........youll see! PM on the way

These words of Phil, ring a bell loudly in my head;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity