My Crazy Bloodwork

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
Well not crazy at all just 1 section is really bad. Everything else is fine. I won't post all the details just what I consider important/interesting. Where do I start :eek::D

Hormones

To be expected. FSH was zero. Very high test. SHBG was low. LH was zero. Free Test was very high.

Estrogen 167.7 pmol/L
Range 0 pmol/L - 191.99 pmol/L

No surprise as I am not taking an AI. My test is sky high so I don't mind my estrogen being higher as I want optimal muscle growth. Although I will add in an AI soon (10mg aromasin daily) as this will only carry on climbing through the weeks.

Cortisol 382 nmol/l
Range 133nmol/l - 537 nmol/l

As many know I love my pre workouts so this figure was of interest to me. Obviously more testing needs to be done but I am very happy it being near to the middle of the range.

RED BLOOD CELLS

Everything was in the middle of the range but haemoglobin was at the top of the range and HCT was slightly above being at 0.506 and the top of the range being 0.5. I will monitor this and see if I can give blood over here to get things down.

WHITE BLOOD CELLS

Everything was fine apart from Basophils. They were slightly above at 0.12 with the range being 0-0.1

CLOTTING FACTORS

All fine.

INFLAMMATION MARKERS

CRP-HS was fine 1mg/L Range - 0-5mg/L

KIDNEY FUNCTION= All fine

PROTEINS= All fine

DIABETES= Fine

IRON STATUS

Ferritin was high at 631.5 ug/L Range being 30ug/L - 400 ug/L

THYROID FUNCTION

All fine

LIVER FUNCTION

CK high but that is to be expected due to muscle and training.

Everything was great.
However GGT was actually low. 9 IU/L Range- 10 IU/L - 71 IU/L

I had recently been out for Boxing night and drank a lot of alcohol. Literally I won't drink again for 6 months so it sounds worst than it is. But sure it is stupid drinking when you have recently used mdrol (sdrol). This shows me just how good synthergine is as I take it everyday. In fact since this blood test I have lowered my dose from 4ml per day to just 2ml per day :D

Now here is the bad one :eek:

HEART DISEASE RISK

Triglcerides High at 2.38 mmol/L Range being 0 mmol/L - 2.3 mmol/L

Cholesterol High at 5.45 mmol/L Range being 0 mmol/L - 4.99 mmol/L

HDL low at 0.07 mmol/L Range being 0.9 mmol/L - 1.5 mmol/L

Fuck me pretty much zero HDL :eek:

LDL high at 4.3 mmol/L Range being 0 mmol/L - 3 mmol/L

These numbers are different to US guys but this is again really bad and right at the top of the chart :eek:

HDL % OF TOTAL at 1.28% with the range being 20% - 100%

The mdrol has ruined my cholesterol. Although looking at the results I know there is more to the story than just mdrol. My diet is actually great in most ways. But these results made me realize a few months back I stopped consuming the variety of fats I did in the past. How most of them were just coming from saturated sources such as eggs, coconut oïl and steak. Whilst they are far from bad I have immediately added in an array of fats into my diet to start improving these figures. I even stopped taking my fish oïl caps a while back so they are back in.

I want to get my cholesterol to a good standard so changes are definitely needed and have already taken place. I believe I can do this even whilst I am bulking and trying to gain muscle. The first and most important thing is no more oral aas for me for a long time.

My diet is always full of vitamins, minerals, fruits, vegetables etc. Now I have added in more fats but not too much as I know there needs to be a limit. I am also consuming no more simple carbs a part from intra workout. Now most days will include the following fat sources:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (occasionally drizzle on food)
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (cook with)
Walnut Oil (drizzle on 1 meal)
Avocados (1/2 of one every day)
Cashews (occasionally add to meals)
Hazelnuts (occasionally add to meals)
Almonds (occasionally add to meals)
Eggs (4 whole eggs consumed about 4 times per week)
Steak (now about once per day)
Fish Oil (2000mg x2 or x3)
Blackcurrant Seed Oil (1000mg x2)
Wheatgerm Oil (1130mg x2)

I am not one to throw supplements at things but in this case I added things in fast. I want to get my cholesterol back to where it should be. So I have started a pretty extensive cholesterol improving supplement schedule that includes:

1. Jarrow Formulas Artichoke 500mg at 1 cap am/pm

2. Now Foods Cholesterol Pro at 2 tabs am/pm. 2 tabs = 500m citrus bergamot and 800mg plant sterols.

3. Now Foods Sytrinol at 1 cap am/pm. 1 cap includes 150mg sytrinol, 10mg policosanol amongst other things.

4. Healthy Origins Ubiquinol at 1 cap am for now. 1 cap is 100mg (Kaneka QH).

5. Jarrow Formulas Pantethine at 1x 450mg cap am.

6. Now Foods Red Yeast Rice 600mg with Q10 at 30mg. 2 caps am/pm for the first month.

7. Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract 1x 600mg am/pm.

8. Solgar Fish Oil at 2000mg x2 or x3

9. Now Foods Blackcurrant Seed Oil 1x 1000mg am/pm.

10. Now Foods Wheatgerm Oil 1x 1130mg am/pm.

These have been added to my existing supplements that include:
Synthergine
Multi Vitamin
Cherry Extract
Vitamin D3 (just added)

I also plan to add in synthetine in the near future that I know will help improve matters too.

My plan is to use the red yeast rice with q10 for 1 month and then leave that and add in a second Ubiquinol cap to make 200mg for the day. Hopefully I can get my cholesterol to a really good standard in future blood test results. In that event I will get rid of some of the above supplements and keep what I consider fantastic overall health supplements. They include:

Cholesterol Pro (Citrus Bergamot), Ubiquinol, Garlic, Fish Oil and Blackcurrant Seed Oil.

I don't have a lot of time but ferritin was really high. I'd for sure advise you to donate blood. Triglycerides also not good. Hopefully those return to normal now that you stopped using the MDrol. Just have to give that time. The ferritin, on the other hand, won't get fixed unless you do something about it.

I don't have a lot of time but ferritin was really high. I'd for sure advise you to donate blood. Triglycerides also not good. Hopefully those return to normal now that you stopped using the MDrol. Just have to give that time. The ferritin, on the other hand, won't get fixed unless you do something about it.

I need to see if I can give blood here. I am just happy I was able to get blood work done as it's been a long time. Even this blood work was done in the UK and through the post. I couldn't fly to the UK and get blood work done through a doctor as I would need to get an appointment to ask for another appointment and wait about 1 week for it. I done this by sending the samples through the post. I plan to get another 1 done fairly soon then again after about 3 months.

Hey there good buddy. Yeah donating some blood will do you good. Its a good habit anyways. As far as the Cholesterol goes I would look into some genetic testing. In the US some physicians are doing what is call the Boston Heart test. It is a blood test and genetic test.
I myself am an over producer and over absorber of Cholesterol so I am on two different types of medication. It is genetic and no matter how well I clean up my act I will always have issues with Cholesterol unless I'm on medication.

Boston Heart Diagnostics

best of luck.....and thanks for all your help and friendship!

I think my triglcerides will go down. I was planning to add in synthetine anyway and that has been shown to lower triglcerides levels too.

**broken link removed**

Yes it seems for the ferritin levels I need to simply give blood. Obviously trying to lower my iron intake should help matters too. I was eating a lot of cereals but they have pretty much gone now so that should help matters. I am researching now how I can give blood over here.

Hey there good buddy. Yeah donating some blood will do you good. Its a good habit anyways. As far as the Cholesterol goes I would look into some genetic testing. In the US some physicians are doing what is call the Boston Heart test. It is a blood test and genetic test.
I myself am an over producer and over absorber of Cholesterol so I am on two different types of medication. It is genetic and no matter how well I clean up my act I will always have issues with Cholesterol unless I'm on medication.

Boston Heart Diagnostics

best of luck.....and thanks for all your help and friendship!

Thanks matey :)

It's just very awkward where I am as I am not registered but I will see what I can find. Donating blood will definitely do me good as my HCT was just above too.

His ferritin could be elevated from an infection and or inflammation. Considering his basophils are elevated in the presence of an elevated ferritin could suggest some sort of inflammation, infection or even asthma for example. It's also possible from the night of binge drinking the night prior??? Hemochromatosis, I don't think so? Although, Elvia is of European descent, so there's a possibility??

If his ferritin is increased from an infection, inflammation, this would be an acute phase reactant and possibly a transient rise unrelated to iron overload.

His CRP is good so this is where a bit of confusion comes to play, that could possibly warrant other test.

Elvia, the estrogen test is an invalid test for estradiol. You had total estrogens (estriol, estradiol and estrone) pulled by looking at the reference ranges.

If by chance it was "estradiol" the conversion from 167pmol/L too pg/mL would be 45.49pg/mL. In that case, that's still ok.

Last edited:
nvm, saw the citrus bergamot. Take 1.5g a day of it

you need to do LC MS test for Estradiol

Last edited:
His ferritin could be elevated from an infection and or inflammation. Considering his basophils are elevated in the presence of an elevated ferritin could suggest some sort of inflammation, infection or even asthma for example. It's also possible from the night of binge drinking the night prior??? Hemochromatosis, I don't think so? Although you are of European descent, so there's a possibility??

His CRP is good so this is where a bit of confusion comes to play, that could possibly warrant other test.

Elvia, the estrogen test is an invalid test for estradiol. You had total estrogens (estriol, estradiol and estrone) pulled by looking at the reference ranges.

Thanks for your input it is much appreciated as always. I read about the ferritin and the things you just listed. I didn't go out the night before. It's a long story and I wanted to do the test on the 26th but couldn't due to the postal service. I was only able to send the test away because my flight was cancelled so I done it on the 2nd Jan. I went out on the 26th Dec but I drank a ridiculous amount. I was hung over for about 4 days :eek:

As you alluded to a second test would be good to see. The company don't offer many other tests but I will try and get everything they do offer in the next test. I will get one done in about 3 weeks. If I lived in the UK it would be much easier :eek: I am British btw.

Just checking on the estrogen test. It's for 17-beta oestradiol so that is E2 estradiol I believe? Thanks

I should add I suffered form an allergic reaction from DNP a while (months)back. I was given a prednisone injection. It's been a long time but I have been getting little red marks around my eyes so I am definitely experiencing some sort of reaction to something. I have since started an anti-hisamine tablet (after the blood test) hoping that will get rid of things. Maybe this could be a big factor?

Well not crazy at all just 1 section is really bad. Everything else is fine. I won't post all the details just what I consider important/interesting. Where do I start :eek::D

Hormones

To be expected. FSH was zero. Very high test. SHBG was low. LH was zero. Free Test was very high.

Estrogen 167.7 pmol/L
Range 0 pmol/L - 191.99 pmol/L

No surprise as I am not taking an AI. My test is sky high so I don't mind my estrogen being higher as I want optimal muscle growth. Although I will add in an AI soon (10mg aromasin daily) as this will only carry on climbing through the weeks.

Cortisol 382 nmol/l
Range 133nmol/l - 537 nmol/l

As many know I love my pre workouts so this figure was of interest to me. Obviously more testing needs to be done but I am very happy it being near to the middle of the range.

RED BLOOD CELLS

Everything was in the middle of the range but haemoglobin was at the top of the range and HCT was slightly above being at 0.506 and the top of the range being 0.5. I will monitor this and see if I can give blood over here to get things down.

WHITE BLOOD CELLS

Everything was fine apart from Basophils. They were slightly above at 0.12 with the range being 0-0.1

CLOTTING FACTORS

All fine.

INFLAMMATION MARKERS

CRP-HS was fine 1mg/L Range - 0-5mg/L

KIDNEY FUNCTION= All fine

PROTEINS= All fine

DIABETES= Fine

IRON STATUS

Ferritin was high at 631.5 ug/L Range being 30ug/L - 400 ug/L

THYROID FUNCTION

All fine

LIVER FUNCTION

CK high but that is to be expected due to muscle and training.

Everything was great.
However GGT was actually low. 9 IU/L Range- 10 IU/L - 71 IU/L

I had recently been out for Boxing night and drank a lot of alcohol. Literally I won't drink again for 6 months so it sounds worst than it is. But sure it is stupid drinking when you have recently used mdrol (sdrol). This shows me just how good synthergine is as I take it everyday. In fact since this blood test I have lowered my dose from 4ml per day to just 2ml per day :D

Now here is the bad one :eek:

HEART DISEASE RISK

Triglcerides High at 2.38 mmol/L Range being 0 mmol/L - 2.3 mmol/L

Cholesterol High at 5.45 mmol/L Range being 0 mmol/L - 4.99 mmol/L

HDL low at 0.07 mmol/L Range being 0.9 mmol/L - 1.5 mmol/L

Fuck me pretty much zero HDL :eek:

LDL high at 4.3 mmol/L Range being 0 mmol/L - 3 mmol/L

These numbers are different to US guys but this is again really bad and right at the top of the chart :eek:

HDL % OF TOTAL at 1.28% with the range being 20% - 100%

The mdrol has ruined my cholesterol. Although looking at the results I know there is more to the story than just mdrol. My diet is actually great in most ways. But these results made me realize a few months back I stopped consuming the variety of fats I did in the past. How most of them were just coming from saturated sources such as eggs, coconut oïl and steak. Whilst they are far from bad I have immediately added in an array of fats into my diet to start improving these figures. I even stopped taking my fish oïl caps a while back so they are back in.

I want to get my cholesterol to a good standard so changes are definitely needed and have already taken place. I believe I can do this even whilst I am bulking and trying to gain muscle. The first and most important thing is no more oral aas for me for a long time.

My diet is always full of vitamins, minerals, fruits, vegetables etc. Now I have added in more fats but not too much as I know there needs to be a limit. I am also consuming no more simple carbs a part from intra workout. Now most days will include the following fat sources:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (occasionally drizzle on food)
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (cook with)
Walnut Oil (drizzle on 1 meal)
Avocados (1/2 of one every day)
Cashews (occasionally add to meals)
Hazelnuts (occasionally add to meals)
Almonds (occasionally add to meals)
Eggs (4 whole eggs consumed about 4 times per week)
Steak (now about once per day)
Fish Oil (2000mg x2 or x3)
Blackcurrant Seed Oil (1000mg x2)
Wheatgerm Oil (1130mg x2)

I am not one to throw supplements at things but in this case I added things in fast. I want to get my cholesterol back to where it should be. So I have started a pretty extensive cholesterol improving supplement schedule that includes:

1. Jarrow Formulas Artichoke 500mg at 1 cap am/pm

2. Now Foods Cholesterol Pro at 2 tabs am/pm. 2 tabs = 500m citrus bergamot and 800mg plant sterols.

3. Now Foods Sytrinol at 1 cap am/pm. 1 cap includes 150mg sytrinol, 10mg policosanol amongst other things.

4. Healthy Origins Ubiquinol at 1 cap am for now. 1 cap is 100mg (Kaneka QH).

5. Jarrow Formulas Pantethine at 1x 450mg cap am.

6. Now Foods Red Yeast Rice 600mg with Q10 at 30mg. 2 caps am/pm for the first month.

7. Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract 1x 600mg am/pm.

8. Solgar Fish Oil at 2000mg x2 or x3

9. Now Foods Blackcurrant Seed Oil 1x 1000mg am/pm.

10. Now Foods Wheatgerm Oil 1x 1130mg am/pm.

These have been added to my existing supplements that include:
Synthergine
Multi Vitamin
Cherry Extract
Vitamin D3 (just added)

I also plan to add in synthetine in the near future that I know will help improve matters too.

My plan is to use the red yeast rice with q10 for 1 month and then leave that and add in a second Ubiquinol cap to make 200mg for the day. Hopefully I can get my cholesterol to a really good standard in future blood test results. In that event I will get rid of some of the above supplements and keep what I consider fantastic overall health supplements. They include:

Cholesterol Pro (Citrus Bergamot), Ubiquinol, Garlic, Fish Oil and Blackcurrant Seed Oil.
It looks like your on the way to getting the cholesterol under control adding back in the fats should give you a boost in a few weeks just stick with it i eat mostly fats and protein and my hdl only drops a little overall my stays level and thats with a histpry of high

Sent from my SM-G920T using Professional Muscle mobile app

Some minor tweaks here and there, but my biggest focus would be on getting those cholesterol numbers better. My cholesterol was shot this time last year and I added much more healthy fats, fish oil and of course dropped down to 300mg a week of test from 600mg a week for 3 months. Also kept my Aromasin dialed in at 12.5 EOD.

Cool post Elvia, thanks for sharing,im going soon for bloodwork.

Elvia how much S-drol were you taking and for how long?

One other thing I would recommend adding: Krill Oil.

Elvia how much S-drol were you taking and for how long?

I love my oral aas but I never take really high doses or run them for too long. Usually I would run sdrol for no longer than about 3 weeks at 10-30mg. This time it was just 10-20mg for about 2.5 weeks. I may have upped to 30mg at the end but my head has gone totally blank so not sure :eek:

One other thing I would recommend adding: Krill Oil.

Yes in recent studies krill oil is suppose to be better then fish oil. Elvia how do you feel about tudca?

Yes Krill oïl is a great supplement. Probably the best omega 3 supplement out there. Obviously you don't really feel supplements like fish/krill oïl but the studies highlight just how effective it is. Ideally I would use a combination of both oils. Truth be told everything I ordered came to $350 and krill oïl is expensive so I figured just leave it for now. Krill oïl is the best but I love fish oïl too plus my diet is filled with omega 3 fatty acids so I think I am using more than enough to get my levels back up. I wanted to add pycnogenol (amazing health supplement) as well but didn't for the same reason as krill oil. Honestly if I added everything that I wanted it probably would have been about $600 :eek: I had just ordered a lot of other supplements (hbcd's, aminos, peptopro etc) so I have definitely paid out a lot last week on supplements!

TUDCA is a great supplement but synthergine is a lot better. For liver health I think they are similar in performance but synthergine is great for many other things so there is no competiton. I also like LIV-52 but I only need to use synthergine when it comes to my liver. I have never had a bad liver test even when using orals so hopefully that never changes.

I want to add something as I think it could benefit many on here. I moved abroad and even if I want a check up at the doctors I have to pay about $100 in cash or card payment right there just to see a doctor. Nevermind the cost for any treatment I may need. I can't get blood work here so I sort of just left things and 6 months becomes 1 year and 1 year becomes 18 months etc. I then get told about this company who offers blood work through the post in the UK so I used them.

As everyone can see my results are fine apart from my awful cholesterol. So all you guys out there who never get blood work done just do it. No one can see the future and anyone of us could drop dead at any point. But blood work is still valuable. You could get blood work and everything is bad. I used to get blood work done regularly but this is the first time in a long time. Even though it's bad I am very happy because at least I know where I stand and what I need to do to fix things. I am almost looking at getting my cholesterol back up as a challenge and I am looking forward to it :)

Spirulina and chlorella I would add helps lower cholesterol. Thanks for the post man

Spirulina and chlorella I would add helps lower cholesterol. Thanks for the post man

This is actually a thing I was thinking about recently. Not just those 2 but just greens in general. It wasn't even about cholesterol but just the 101 health benefits they give. I used to use a green powder but stopped. Then I started having lot's of spinach, leafy salads, kale, broccoli etc but again they have lowered.

Thanks for posting this as you reminded me. Next time I go to the organic shop I do every week I will make sure I pick up one of their products. They do some amazing powder products. I have one with acai, strawberry, almond, banana etc powder. I also have a raw cacao one. But I definitely need to start having more greens in my diet. I have been buying more recently but I need to be more consistent. It doesn't help the fact greens over here are ridiculously expensive :eek: I actually remember seeing a spirulina and chlorella one so I will get that :)

This is actually a thing I was thinking about recently. Not just those 2 but just greens in general. It wasn't even about cholesterol but just the 101 health benefits they give. I used to use a green powder but stopped. Then I started having lot's of spinach, leafy salads, kale, broccoli etc but again they have lowered.

Thanks for posting this as you reminded me. Next time I go to the organic shop I do every week I will make sure I pick up one of their products. They do some amazing powder products. I have one with acai, strawberry, almond, banana etc powder. I also have a raw cacao one. But I definitely need to start having more greens in my diet. I have been buying more recently but I need to be more consistent. It doesn't help the fact greens over here are ridiculously expensive :eek: I actually remember seeing a spirulina and chlorella one so I will get that :)

No problem bro. My x-girlfriend use to make me kale chips with olive oil and garlic that combo got my lipids look great.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131