over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My CT Scan & Calcium Score Results

Great news Bio!

And mine was exactly the same score. 0’s. Stainless steel tubing for arteries.

Strange as my cholesterol is / has (?) been considered ‘bad’ and they want to shove a bunch of pills down my throat. Have yet to figure this one out.

Is your HDL high? My wife is 3 years older than me and her LDL is high but she has really high HDL and her test was 0 as well.

I just mentioned it to my primary. I take 100mg of Losartan for high BP. With all of my back problems, I've had my share of cortisone and I use an inhaler that has a corticosteroid in it. That type of steroid jacks my BP up. My body doesn't like it.

I tried Dbol when I was 18 but got sick after two weeks so I don't count that as my first cycle. When I was 19 I did Anavar, Deca and Test...I'll be 52 in April. Like I said, I've been playing with hormones for a long time! Anyway, my primary wrote me the referral. Insurance doesn't cover it unless you have a cardiac issue. The cost is nothing so I would urge people in this lifestyle to get it done. AAS use, duration, family genetics, should all be taken into consideration when deciding what age to get the test.

So your primary writes you the script then cardiologist does the test?

what is the test like? Similar to echo?

So your primary writes you the script then cardiologist does the test?

what is the test like? Similar to echo?

Not a script it's an order.

They attach some pads with leads, like an EKG but not as many. The test is a few minutes, five at the most. I got my results in less than an hour but they told me roughly 24hrs. I'm sure that varies.

Last January and February I trained, then I was out the first two weeks of March due to back issues...I tried to train the Monday of each of those weeks and it wasn't happening...then COVID shut the gyms down. I didn't have anything at home. When the gyms opened up again for a month or so I started training again and then closed again. That has been the extent of my training for the last 14 months...3 months total training and 11 months of nothing. The gym is open now but I've been busy finishing my home gym that I built. I'm still going to keep my membership for the variety. I'm going to start back this Thursday, April 1st.

To answer the calorie question, the answer is no due to the above and I don't chase it like I used to. I like to be 230lbs or so these days...I'm 5'10. Currently bouncing around between 215 and 220lbs. Now that things look good with the arteries, I might push a little and shoot for 240lbs..:p Why not, I used to be over 240lbs so maybe my body will respond and maybe not. I won't go crazy but it would be fun to get some size back!

I did regular cardio when the gym was open, so I'll start that back up again too!

Here's a reminder regarding the Calcium Score Test. I posted this in another thread and can't remember which one. I have a friend, he's 65, in good shape/thin, works out, does cardio and hikes. Last year I told him several times I was going to get this test done. I was busy with other things and it kept falling by the wayside. Every time he would ask me, "What is that test for again?" I told him he should get it done...why not. Be proactive. He got the test done in November. A couple of days later we were having lunch and he walked up and said, "I just got my test result, it was twenty one seventy five...I spelled that out because that's how he said it to me. I thought, "He means 217.5" Just as I started to say that he said, "two thousand one hundred and seventy five!" The look on my face was of total shock!! He said, "The look on your face isn't helping." He went in for further testing to confirm everything and which arteries were blocked. He also found out he wasn't a candidate for stents. His left anterior descending artery (LAD) was 100% blocked which is a Widowmaker! Two others were significantly blocked. In the meantime he was put on a statin and approximately 5 weeks ago had a triple bypass. He came through with flying colors!!

KEEP THIS SCARY THING IN MIND, HE HAD NO SYMPTOMS!! The cardiologist told him if he had a heart attack it would have killed him. He told me I saved his life but I told him he saved his own life by getting the scan done. He could have easily just shrugged off the suggestion. Sadly he probably wouldn't have made it out of this year. I'm glad I won't be getting that phone call!!

My test was $150 out of pocket. Blswan said his was $99. Even if it was $1,500 it's worth it! It will either give you piece of mind or get you on a path of recovery!
dumb question if one has perfect lipid panel could one still have a bad calcium score

dumb question if one has perfect lipid panel could one still have a bad calcium score

I think it depends on any other issues you may have. The friend I referred to that had the triple bypass, his LDL was 179. I can't remember what his HDL was. It was the Type II diabetes that caused his issue. Once he told me his calcium score, I started doing research and found that people with Type II diabetes, not sure about Type I, had issues with calcified plaque. One person's score was over 6,000!! My friend's biggest issue was he had a complete blockage of the LAD which is a Widowmaker.

His son who is 36 got his calcium score done after he found out about his dad. His son does not have any type of diabetes. Thankfully his score was 0. His LDL was also 179. The cardiologist put him on a statin. He told him at 179 he would eventually have a blockage or blockages. They share the same cardiologist and he wants both of them to get their LDL between 50 to 70.

I did bloodwork yesterday, 4-2-21. When I get those results I'll post them up! We'll see if Cocentyx causes any of my readings to go out of whack.

Just curious, where were your lipids at pre statin treatment?

Also, (this is for anyone to answer). Does using Red Yeast Rice Extract calcify plaque as well?

Mine were always over 300, and even up to 350 total. Ive always had very high HDL, but also very high LDL and Trig's... With my family history, not good.
(Dad died at age 47 of heart disease).

Now I keep 'em under 200, with LDL and Trigs also under the limit, my HDL was always good, last couple of time only like 30, but Im down even more to 50-75 mg a week TRT, so seeing if any changes come June.. Risk ratio is always good these days... 3.0 or so..

Just wanted to BUMP this in case someone hasn't seen it or has questions. It's usually for someone over 50 but if you're in this game, have a history of heart disease in your family, etc., you'll definitely want to get it done sooner!

that's a fantastic score there

My LDL, HDL, Triglycerides, Total Cholesterol. The November time stamp is pre Crestor at 5mgs every other day and Vascepa every day. The March time stamp is 4 months after. What also imitated my Rx of Crestor and Vascepa was my CT score at 61

I've since increased my use of Kaneka Ubiquinol CoQ10 to offset any potential decrease in CoQ10 levels from statin use.

Attachments

• 20210501_093502.jpg
    20210501_093502.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210501_093731.jpg
    20210501_093731.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210501_094212.jpg
    20210501_094212.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210501_094515.jpg
    20210501_094515.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 4
I had my CT scan for my calcium score (artery health) this morning. I got the results in just under an hour! I'll be 52 in April and have played with hormones for quite some time. The longest break I had was 7 years due to a spine surgery and severe pain. I've also had inflammatory disease for 35 years, Ankylosing Spondylitis.

The results...

Findings:
CORONARY ARTERY CALCIUM SCORE: 0
Left Main: 0
Circumflex: 0
RCA: 0

WOO HOO!! I'm relieved! I didn't expect it to be that good but I'm happy it is!! The test wasn't covered by insurance, don't bother covering a proactive test...smh...but it was only $150 out of pocket!
Bio, that is so awesome my friend and is great to hear! I must have this test. I don't think I'll have trouble getting a referral.

When I read these threads, it often reinforces to me that traditional numbers don't mean a whole lot in terms of overall cardiovascular/heart health. It doesn't tell the full story and you're not fated to heart disease on these numbers alone.

My father has cholesterol always 300+ with triglycerides in the 1,000's, even with lipitor. We thought he was having a MI but it was just GERD (still lousy but not life threatening). His CT and echo came back and the doctor, maybe 40's said my father's heart was likely healthier then his (the doc's) was.

My pop is 85 now, but this was a while ago. We jumped to MI because he had a mild heart attack years prior believed to be a clot that broke apart on it's own. Seeing my jacked Superman father so weak and fragile shook the bejeezus out of me. He and I both have high BP, have garbage cholesterol numbers, and are both prone to clots. I've had two DVTs removed from the back of my right thigh.

But I'm hoping like hell that we both also share clean arteries. I see my doc in 3 weeks, I'm getting a referral. I have to know. 🤞🤞

I am convinced nothing you do can stop the increase of calcification in your arteries. My story:

Sept 2018: Calcium score 78. I was put on Atorvastatin. I started taking 2 baby asprin per day. I followed all the recommendations on supplements: Ubiquinol. Citrus Bergamot. Vitamin D/K stack. Pomegranate extract. L-citrulline and L-arginine. 2-3 grams of krill oil. I took this stuff religiously. I never missed a day of taking this stuff for 3 years. Increased cardio from 2-3x per week to 5-6x per week.

Sept 2021. Calcium score 131. All that ^^^^ and my "heart disease" worsened pretty significantly.

I am convinced nothing you do can stop the increase of calcification in your arteries. My story:

Sept 2018: Calcium score 78. I was put on Atorvastatin. I started taking 2 baby asprin per day. I followed all the recommendations on supplements: Ubiquinol. Citrus Bergamot. Vitamin D/K stack. Pomegranate extract. L-citrulline and L-arginine. 2-3 grams of krill oil. I took this stuff religiously. I never missed a day of taking this stuff for 3 years. Increased cardio from 2-3x per week to 5-6x per week.

Sept 2021. Calcium score 131. All that ^^^^ and my "heart disease" worsened pretty significantly.

I wish I knew more in detail but I have heard that being on a statin can actually increase your Calcium Score. Something to do with the statin causing the calcification which is actually "safer" that having the soft plaque build up in the arteries.

If anyone has information on this please chime in!!

Sept 2021. Calcium score 131. All that ^^^^ and my "heart disease" worsened pretty significantly

How old are you and what was your gear use like 5 years prior to 2018 and since then? I stayed away from orals and Tren. You'll never know but the number could have possibly been higher minus those supplements.

How old are you and what was your gear use like 5 years prior to 2018 and since then? I stayed away from orals and Tren. You'll never know but the number could have possibly been higher minus those supplements.
I am 53. The only drugs I have used prior to this test were the following:

One bottle of Tren Xtreme OTC from American Cell Labs in 2008 (30 days, 1 pill per day)
TRT at 200 mg per week for the past 10years and HcG 2x per week.
No other drugs.

I wish I knew more in detail but I have heard that being on a statin can actually increase your Calcium Score. Something to do with the statin causing the calcification which is actually "safer" that having the soft plaque build up in the arteries.

Well that would be good to know if it is true. I have heard that calcification is much better than having soft plague. The soft plaque cannot be detected on the Coronary Calcium Test and it is the soft plaque that causes heart attacks. But, a high degree of calcified plaque is generally an indicator of higher soft plaque too. I do know a guy who had a zero calcium score and had a heart attack a few months after and needed a stent. However, all being said, I would much rather prefer a LOW calcium score for sure.

Dude I need to take you to lunch or buy you an Amazon card or something. You just made me feel a hell of a lot better. A simple google search shows all kinds of info to support this. I had ZERO clue. My doctor never told me this and I doubt he even knows it. Holy shit, I learn more from this message board than I can at my doctors office.

@xpoc what did your cardio look like in that time between? Was it steady state or hiit or combo? Do you get winded really easy?
I'm sure you've read a log of @DOGGCRAPP posts talking about this stuff. His IG is also full of useful info. Blood pressure good? Do you have sleep apnea? Lipids always in check?

From what I've read the expectation is for plaque to increase by 30% annually.

The only if here is if you didn't do those things maybe it would have been even significantly higher

I never had the test run, but my coronaries are wide open even after a heart attack I didn't need a stent. Doctors surmise that a soft plaque ruptured and that triggered my heart attack.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws