over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My current (revised) diet

Hi Shelby great post.

Just a thought, why do u increase calories from carbs instead of calories from fat?

Hi Shelby great post.

Just a thought, why do u increase calories from carbs instead of calories from fat?

Carbs are more easily used for fuel, have better anabolic and anti-catabolic actions, and a greater effect on metabolism.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbs are more easily used for fuel, have better anabolic and anti-catabolic actions, and a greater effect on metabolism.

Thanks allot Shelby.

How much calories are u taking per meal and how much calories total per day?

Shelby, i know u said its impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

How is this possible?

Thanks Shelby.

I'm going to try that ice cream tonight.

shelby are you an advocate/do you reccomend of no carbs with breakfast, or do you simply just not feel like eating them on this particular diet?

also, excuse my ignorance, but red palm oil....any fat in this? im guessing at least trace amounts...

Last edited:
I'm going to try that ice cream tonight.

Its awesome. I do the same for every post workout meal. Mine is 2 scoops whey. Some oats, and some almond milk. Tastes so good, almost like cheating!

shelby are you an advocate/do you reccomend of no carbs with breakfast, or do you simply just not feel like eating them on this particular diet?

also, excuse my ignorance, but red palm oil....any fat in this? im guessing at least trace amounts...

Sometimes I have carbs with meal 1, sometimes I do no carbs. I'm usually not super hungry in the mornings so often I'll skip them. Like anything with diet, it depends on a lot of factors and changes often. This diet is just a basic "skeleton" - I modify things based on biofeedback daily.

Red palm oil is a fat... tons of health benefits... google it.

Sometimes I have carbs with meal 1, sometimes I do no carbs. I'm usually not super hungry in the mornings so often I'll skip them. Like anything with diet, it depends on a lot of factors and changes often. This diet is just a basic "skeleton" - I modify things based on biofeedback daily.

I gotcha. I'm the same some mornings I'm starving, others not so much. I have looked into red palm oil, very good for the heart and arteries if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
is there a certain brand of red palm oil you should look for, or will any organic one do?

Last edited:
Shelby, i know u said its impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

How is this possible?

Thanks Shelby.

Caloric surplus on some days (weight gain)
Caloric deficit on some days (weight loss)

We can't see the shifts in fat and muscle on a daily basis. However, caloric cycling over time can give the illusion of simultaneous lean mass accumulation and fat mass dissipation. You are simply losing tiny amounts of fat on some days and gaining tiny amounts of muscle on others.

I'm the same as Shelby in that regard... and to some extent I think it's the case with many BBers who have been training for ages... it really doesn't take that much food to just maintain your weight/muscle mass. Most guys new to the game and often way lighter than me usually eat MUCH MORE than I do... which always surprises them. :p

Of course, gaining new tissue is another story. :)

I'm definately not close to the same league.....but this is exactly the case with myself too. Even when on none or very low AAS doses. This is why I think some of the very top guys can get away with lower doses in the off-season because if my ass can do it, they can definately do it with super-genetics. I mean, I have my times where I eat too much:D But I do not have to eat much to stay at 280# these days....not a Phil Heath looking 280....for those quick on the keyboard:p

Best part of this diet is no chicken. Gotdamn i'm so sick and tired of reheated chicken breast. Lean turkey and beef for me all day, maybe some salmon at night with some some mixed eggplant and squash and side of aspargus

Shelby, how do you have your red palm oil? Eat it out of the teaspoon? What brand do you use?

What brand of protein powder (whey/casein/egg white) do you use?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws